"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Lol
Man the Braves are my favorite hometown team but ain’t no way in the fukk I’d ever go to suntrust and give them my money.

I’ve been up in that area for a class and traffic was already horrible as is. Now with the battery and the stadium that shyt must be a gridlock every game day. That was the equivalent of white flight smh

Hope that shyt blows up in their faces one day

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Lol
Man the Braves are my favorite hometown team but ain’t no way in the fukk I’d ever go to suntrust and give them my money.

I’ve been up in that area for a class and traffic was already horrible as is. Now with the battery and the stadium that shyt must be a gridlock every game day. That was the equivalent of white flight smh

Traffic bad but it aint that bad. Only sucks if you are trying to leave the area in the morning or come back in the evening.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Lol

Man i used to live in Marietta trying to get to Marietta from atl, or down Cobb pkwy during traffic was a nightmare, i got out of there when they started building it, i can only imagine how bad it is, on game days, that was a stupid move on the braves part period

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Someone in that reply thread said libraries ain't really necessary anymore

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Lol

The traffic is no worse with them up there than it was without them. No offense, but that's a pretty ignorant statement to make that you won't go to a game based off of what you think the traffic will be. I could make the argument that traffic is better going to SunTrust than it was going to Turner Field

@Sherminator how was it a bad move on the Braves part to move to Cobb County? I didn't like the move either but it was a great move for them in every way possible

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The traffic is no worse with them up there than it was without them. No offense, but that's a pretty ignorant statement to make that you won't go to a game based off of what you think the traffic will be. I could make the argument that traffic is better going to SunTrust than it was going to Turner Field

@Sherminator how was it a bad move on the Braves part to move to Cobb County? I didn't like the move either but it was a great move for them in every way possible

:what:
nikka I stay at the bottom of Clay co I don’t wanna drive all the way to the northside and be stuck in traffic for an hour.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

Simply put it fukked up the economy, and brought more traffic

We all know They moved the stadium because the white peoples were a little scared to be on the south side

When Marietta got the bid, even though Cobb county is one of the richest counties in the state it’s still working middle class and lower, with a confluence of 3 colleges in the area my alma matter for my doctorate, Life University, Southern Polytechnic, and Kennesaw State, so you have a large populace of college kids/post college kids that increase in everything going up hurts them

The apts in the areas were not hitting on much any way now with the braves up there apts that were really only worth 6 something, if that shot up to 1200 easily, so it’s going to push a few folks out,

Then, the traffic is bananas, i can only begin to wonder what it’s like to get down Cobb parkway on game day or just now period

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

We all know They moved the stadium because the white peoples were a little scared to be on the south side

When Marietta got the bid, even though Cobb county is one of the richest counties in the state it’s still working middle class and lower, with a confluence of 3 colleges in the area my alma matter for my doctorate, Life University, Southern Polytechnic, and Kennesaw State, so you have a large populace of college kids/post college kids that increase in everything going up hurts them

The apts in the areas were not hitting on much any way now with the braves up there apts that were really only worth 6 something, if that shot up to 1200 easily, so it’s going to push a few folks out,

Then, the traffic is bananas, i can only begin to wonder what it’s like to get down Cobb parkway on game day or just now period

Exactly bruh..in what magical world is traffic not bad up there on game days that these guys are talking about?

shyt is already bad but at a few thousand people..bottleneck traffic for most of the day. I’m good on that

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
:what:
nikka I stay at the bottom of Clay co I don’t wanna drive all the way to the northside and be stuck in traffic for an hour.

South Cobb isn't the Northside, the fukk? :dwillhuh: The stadium is right off of Cobb Pkwy and down the street from Cumberland Mall, how the hell is that the Northside?

How did it fukk up the economy? And it didn't bring more traffic my daughter went to school off Spring Rd (which begins right where that Lexus dealership is across the st from the Battery) and the traffic isn't any worse on game days

I agree but the real reason they left is because they got huge economic incentives from Cobb Co (COA and Kasim were not willing to give the Braves what they wanted), the Braves own SunTrust and the Battery and they keep all that revenue. It's important to remember that the Braves never owned Turner Field. Those reasons plus disinterest in being in a part of town that never was going to get reinvestment around the stadium made it an easy decision for them

Breh Cobb County is one of the fastest growing counties in the country specifically the Vinings/Cumberland Mall area/Smyrna area. There's no evidence that the Braves moving there has been bad for business at all if anything it's raised rent and property values for anyone within 5-10 miles of the stadium

Traffic is fine down there. They added additional lanes getting on to Cobb Pkwy, added a pedestrian bridge from Cobb Galleria to the Battery over 285 and the Northwest Corridor should be done by late summer early Fall. Traffic over there isn't any worse than it was a year ago even on game days

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Exactly bruh..in what magical world is traffic not bad up there on game days that these guys are talking about?

shyt is already bad but at a few thousand people..bottleneck traffic for most of the day. I’m good on that

If you've never been up there on a game day and I've been up there every day since it opened I can talk to you from experience. Another reason that I didn't mention is that through the Braves research they found that most of their fans live closer to I-75 so it's an easier commute for most of Braves fans. There are also many more ways to escape traffic from Cobb Pkwy and the areas surrounding the actual stadium than there were near Turner Field so it's actually better to find places to park and leave than it was at Turner

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
South Cobb isn't the Northside, the fukk? :dwillhuh: The stadium is right off of Cobb Pkwy and down the street from Cumberland Mall, how the hell is that the Northside?

So Cumberland isn’t the northside now? :mjlol:

What the hell is cumberland/Vinings and that area up there then :skip:

Anything past midtown is the northside. Buckhead and sandy springs are the northside and Cumberland is past that