"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
ATL should move to stop more cities from incorporating and put its foot down.

No more Brookhaven's, Sandy Springs, Vinings, etc.

Dead that shyt.

My thing is as a black person I wouldnt care if there was a City of Camp creek created and black folks built it up like hell. The issue is black folks in these burbs/unincorperated areas just flock to big houses and are surrounded by nothing but big box retailers and when the econmy goes in a downturn the areas go to hell because all the big box retailers close up shop. Just look at Lithonia.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
My thing is as a black person I wouldnt care if there was a City of Camp creek created and black folks built it up like hell. The issue is black folks in these burbs/unincorperated areas just flock to big houses and are surrounded by nothing but big box retailers and when the econmy goes in a downturn the areas go to hell because all the big box retailers close up shop. Just look at Lithonia.
ATL should also stop allowing these big ass house lots.

DENSITY is what will keep the city together.

Rezoning should occur.

Prynce

Daps
Lol alot of these dudes are the bad ass lil bros of dudes from clicks like Black Mobb and other groups. Probaby were middle schoolers or in elementary during them days
Yep, exactly what they are. I was a kid when black mobb was popping but all these dudes now just following the foot steps of black mobb and da fam. Mostly gonna end up in prison like them too.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yep, exactly what they are. I was a kid when black mobb was popping but all these dudes now just following the foot steps of black mobb and da fam. Mostly gonna end up in prison like them too.

Yeah i went to school with alot of them dudes and all the cats I knew are in jail or did some stints lol.

Thank God I was in Magnet so I wasnt around that crap too much.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

I know that they're already incorporating the Dekalb area of Emory/CDC into the COA...no offense to the Eastside b/c I came up off of Flat Shoals Parkway but what else in the East would the COA really want? The COA should be concerned with rebuilding its infrastructure (transit, highways, expanding light rail, extending the Beltline, etc), improving our schools, keeping crime low and providing opportunity for its residents. Communities on the edge of Atlanta should make decisions in the best interests of that community. I only take exception if a community leaving negatively impacts the tax base of the COA as a whole. As for the cities you mentioned in your other post, not a fan of Sandy Springs or Brookhaven but they're still being taxed for Fulton County. Vinings isn't a real city, neither is Mableton, but both communities are Cobb County based.

So to answer your question IDC for future proofing...I'd rather we spend time and money on creating solutions for homelessness, job creation and devoting resources to keep black people in the Westside in their homes, shyt like that is more important right now

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I know this the Atlanta discussion but brehs this Chicago bus system crazy.

U can get anywhere in under 30 minutes with the train :dwillhuh:

Wit Marta if I’m in Bankhead and wanna go on the east side somewhere I gotta wait for a bus to go to north ave, then take the train to five points, then wait for another bus to get to where I wanna go. That can take like 1 hour and 30 minutes

CTA makes an ass outta MARTA, they got twice as many lines and stations as we do, and they buses ain’t no joke. They coming every 5 minutes. A couple commuter lines that go out to the burbs too. They got long commutes tho, you probably just ain’t going that far out.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

I never understood why black people care so much where other black people live. Like if I moved my family back to Adams Park are you willing to pay my mortgage or some shyt? I never understood that line of reasoning.

People should live where they want to live and living in a good, safe communities with good schools, low crime, etc should be a goal for everyone when they're thinking about finding a place to live. Choosing to live in an area strictly to preserve its heritage and history is a noble idea but it isn't always realistic

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I never understood why black people care so much where other black people live. Like if I moved my family back to Adams Park are you willing to pay my mortgage or some shyt? I never understood that line of reasoning.

People should live where they want to live and living in a good, safe communities with good schools, low crime, etc should be a goal for everyone when they're thinking about finding a place to live. Choosing to live in an area strictly to preserve its heritage and history is a noble idea but it isn't always realistic

Lol ok

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
ATL should also stop allowing these big ass house lots.

DENSITY is what will keep the city together.

Rezoning should occur.

fukk that, at its core ATL is still a southern city. When its time to drop cash and get a home for your family we want some land with it. Big part of why im getting out and moving to Fayette County this month, everything near the city has gone to townhouses and i cant see myself raising my kids in a townhouse, just wasnt the way i was brought up. If you look at who is moving to the city its older people downsizing from the burbs and young people looking to mingle. People trying to have a family are not going for that townhouse/condo shyt.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
fukk that, at its core ATL is still a southern city. When its time to drop cash and get a home for your family we want some land with it. Big part of why im getting out and moving to Fayette County this month, everything near the city has gone to townhouses and i cant see myself raising my kids in a townhouse, just wasnt the way i was brought up.

Nah breh if you're black the only part of Atlanta you should live in is the SWATS and Zone 3 or Zone 6. If you choose to live anywhere else in the metro area you're a fraud

Last edited:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
ATL should move to stop more cities from incorporating and put its foot down.

No more Brookhaven's, Sandy Springs, Vinings, etc.

Dead that shyt.

What’s your opposition to that?

I hate how Atlanta has control over the airport but it’s in Hapeville, C.P. and Forest Park.

Forest Park can use a lot more of that airport money

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
About what I expected you to say. Let's all follow your plan and move to Greenbriar Parkway breh. :gladbron: That'll solve all of our problems :blessed:

Im not asking you to do anything. I literally said I dont care what happens to anyone else. Get out your feelings and enjoy the burbs :russ::lolbron: