"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Lol breh ATL is a different world. Im an Eastside cat but usually when rappers came out everyone knew their pedigree and if they were real or not. When i moved back to ATL after college the City was a different world. That Blood and crip stuff DID NOT exist when i was in HS, at most you would see some GD stuff.

Glenwood and Brick Rd cats had beef with scottdale, but when Get it would come on a the teen clubs even they was chanting that hook
:russ:

When did you leave for college?

When I was coming up the only blood set I knew of was Da Fam & them Born Threat nikkas on the east side, and the crips I heard of were the dudes over at 4seasons.

Like you said, banging wasn’t big, but the folks who did bang claimed GD. I know for a fact all this blood shyt didn’t come up till 08 when Wayne, Waka and Gucci started repping it.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Dawg this a totally different city now. Its like we known now, but it was more authentic back when we just dusty ol Atlanta no one cared about. I miss those days really, this fancy cosmopolitan shyt is cool, but I had more fun back then.

And I know how yall brehs from the East used to get down in those clubs back then, yall wasn't the only ones yelling "Edgewood mfer thats where I stay...." when that song came on:russ:
Had my runs in good and bad with yall too, seen Glenwood brehs come inthe spot deep as fukk holding up shirts with 107 on it, got into it with some Brick Rd dudes and almost clashed with some Marbut/Wellborn brehs, one of my main aces back then was from Boring Rd, used to hit the SWD games with them, and my first piece of p*ssy was over on Phillips Rd. I got major love for the East and the South, even like what Gwinnett got going right now.

What’s going on in Gwinnett right now? It’ll always be the place where you move to when you wanna start a family and put them in a safe environment.

The housing market crash changed the dynamics of Gwinnett. When i moved to the Eastside (Central and South dekalb county) in 95 it was the place to be as this is where all the black folks were moving to. By the mid 2000s when forclusures started happening I noticed alot of black families started moving to the Shiloh school district since it was right next to Stone mountain. Many of the well to do blacks that could afford it started moving to South Gwinnett county since Dekalb began to decline (home forclosures, rise of street gangs, declining schools), where now you got alot of schools in Gwinnett with sizeable black populations.

Gwinnett will always be for squares to me but Im not surprised seeing people like Migos come out of Gwinnett even though nobody honors that Northside talk lol.

Mane when I was coming up and of a nikka started rapping and he claimed Gwinnett, we would laugh at his ass.

I fukks with Migos music but I have a hard time believing Lilburn and Berkmar High School was the trenches

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
When did you leave for college?

When I was coming up the only blood set I knew of was Da Fam & them Born Threat nikkas on the east side, and the crips I heard of were the dudes over at 4seasons.

Like you said, banging wasn’t big, but the folks who did bang claimed GD. I know for a fact all this blood shyt didn’t come up till 08 when Wayne, Waka and Gucci started repping it.

I graduated in 07. I knew a few of the cats who would eventually be in/start Black Mobb. From what i understand most of them Da fam cats went to Towers so i had no interactions with them since I wasnt in the streets what so ever. Idk if they became
Bloods later but all these were rap clicks that ran as gangs. A few of the Black mobb cats were on that GD stuff from my memory. Black Mobb didnt take off and become big until the yr after I transferred from Columbia.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
What’s going on in Gwinnett right now? It’ll always be the place where you move to when you wanna start a family and put them in a safe environment.

Mane when I was coming up and of a nikka started rapping and he claimed Gwinnett, we would laugh at his ass.

I fukks with Migos music but I have a hard time believing Lilburn and Berkmar High School was the trenches

Only thing folks took serious from Gwinnett were mexicans but even then the ones in Gwinnett were typical the ones who got their money up compared to the fresh off the boat ones you would see on Buford Hwy that would go to Cross Keys high.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

I agree. That Northside shyt is silly, and it deserves to be laughed at, but everybody has to start somewhere. In 20 years I’m pretty sure it’ll be looked at differently. I just like the fact they have their own voice now, like they made their own lane, and yeah their flexing a little(a lot), but I respect the effort. Cuz to be honest they could just have piggy backed on the Eastside. That’s what some of those brehs who born/raised in Cobb do. I’ve had the :stopitslime: face more than a few times listening to some cat from Marietta or Mableton say he’s from the Westside.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree. That Northside shyt is silly, and it deserves to be laughed at, but everybody has to start somewhere. In 20 years I’m pretty sure it’ll be looked at differently. I just like the fact they have their own voice now, like they made their own lane, and yeah their flexing a little(a lot), but I respect the effort. Cuz to be honest they could just have piggy backed on the Eastside. That’s what some of those brehs who born/raised in Cobb do. I’ve had the :stopitslime: face more than a few times listening to some cat from Marietta or Mableton say he’s from the Westside.

Yeah i still remember hearing some old mixtape in HS where dudes was talking some “Westside M town” nonsense about marietta. There is or was some public housing there so they were on some “yeah we got projects” steeze. There is fukkery in parts of cobb though because they have a decent amount of old apartments.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Yeah i still remember hearing some old mixtape in HS where dudes was talking some “Westside M town” nonsense about marietta. There is or was some public housing there so they were on some “yeah we got projects” steeze. There is fukkery in parts of cobb though because they have a decent amount of old apartments.

Yep. Six Flags Dr is all the way fukked up. Franklin used to be somewhat ratchet, still kinda is but it’s Mexicans now. And you talking about Lemon St, I think it’s still there actually. Right across the street from the bus station. That’s the Fairgrounds area. Me and my people bumped heads with them too, used to go to the Cantina in Kennesaw and the armory on Dobbins would have parties sometimes also. All them M town dudes would be in there. Fairgrounds is the same hood where that guy shot his baby moms in the face in front of their kids last week. So yeah Cobb does have some hot areas. Which is why I was always like don’t claim the West, just stand on your own. I think it’s a little harder for them tho with Cobb also being ground zero for conservative neo con republicans. That’s why political shenanigans in Cobb don’t surprise me, I’m old enough to remember that big push back against Clinton in the 90s. And a lot of folks don’t realize or don’t remember, that shyt started in Cobb, Newt Gingrich, Sean Hannity, Herman Cain, Neal Boortz-that’s Cobb County. And yeah Hannity used to be in Cobb before he blew, he was heavy out there with the bullshyt back in the day.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yep. Six Flags Dr is all the way fukked up. Franklin used to be somewhat ratchet, still kinda is but it’s Mexicans now. And you talking about Lemon St, I think it’s still there actually. Right across the street from the bus station. That’s the Fairgrounds area. Me and my people bumped heads with them too, used to go to the Cantina in Kennesaw and the armory on Dobbins would have parties sometimes also. All them M town dudes would be in there. Fairgrounds is the same hood where that guy shot his baby moms in the face in front of their kids last week. So yeah Cobb does have some hot areas. Which is why I was always like don’t claim the West, just stand on your own. I think it’s a little harder for them tho with Cobb also being ground zero for conservative neo con republicans. That’s why political shenanigans in Cobb don’t surprise me, I’m old enough to remember that big push back against Clinton in the 90s. And a lot of folks don’t realize or don’t remember, that shyt started in Cobb, Newt Gingrich, Sean Hannity, Herman Cain, Neal Boortz-that’s Cobb County. And yeah Hannity used to be in Cobb before he blew, he was heavy out there with the bullshyt back in the day.

Yeah all those types live in east cobb. Missy Elliot actually lives in East cobb too lol.

And yeah, one thing i hated about the eastside is u would have cats deep in Lithonia or stone mountain repping Zone 6 lol. The funny thing is I remember in middle school there was some beef between zone 6 and decatur (not sure how real it was could have just been some kiddie stuff).

Im like if these cats dont care for candler rd and gleenwood cats who are right mext to them, you think they want some mofos on Stone Mountain Lithonia Rd 20 minutes away repping Zone 6? :russ:

The only folks in stone mountain that repped where they were from and not zone 6 was Brick rd and Central drive.

Scottdale and CKT (Clarkston cats) never repped the 6 either.

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The housing market crash changed the dynamics of Gwinnett. When i moved to the Eastside (Central and South dekalb county) in 95 it was the place to be as this is where all the black folks were moving to. By the mid 2000s when forclusures started happening I noticed alot of black families started moving to the Shiloh school district since it was right next to Stone mountain. Many of the well to do blacks that could afford it started moving to South Gwinnett county since Dekalb began to decline (home forclosures, rise of street gangs, declining schools), where now you got alot of schools in Gwinnett with sizeable black populations.

Gwinnett will always be for squares to me but Im not surprised seeing people like Migos come out of Gwinnett even though nobody honors that Northside talk lol.

Only thing folks took serious from Gwinnett were mexicans but even then the ones in Gwinnett were typical the ones who got their money up compared to the fresh off the boat ones you would see on Buford Hwy that would go to Cross Keys high.

You know damn well most brehs on the Coli are from the suburbs the way they drool over average looking white women. :childplease:

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Dawg this a totally different city now. Its like we known now, but it was more authentic back when we just dusty ol Atlanta no one cared about. I miss those days really, this fancy cosmopolitan shyt is cool, but I had more fun back then.

And I know how yall brehs from the East used to get down in those clubs back then, yall wasn't the only ones yelling "Edgewood mfer thats where I stay...." when that song came on:russ:
Had my runs in good and bad with yall too, seen Glenwood brehs come inthe spot deep as fukk holding up shirts with 107 on it, got into it with some Brick Rd dudes and almost clashed with some Marbut/Wellborn brehs, one of my main aces back then was from Boring Rd, used to hit the SWD games with them, and my first piece of p*ssy was over on Phillips Rd. I got major love for the East and the South, even like what Gwinnett got going right now.
Damn bruh you got me remembering my mom's first house over there off Philips swing the street from Redan Park

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis

Good ole Red Train days. Franklin rd.