"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man we did it. Took a lot of hard work making sure we got everyone we could to vote. But it happened :obama:

Now it's time to get all y'all nikkas back into the city :ufdup:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Word on the street Ceasar's house got robbed over there in the West End. Still can't believe he went Judas for a losing candidate :snoop:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Think I just got banned from the ATL Reddit cause I called a cac a bytch cause he was asking how he could mail a letter to his neighbor asking him to cut down a tree instead of just going over there to talk to him :francis:

These motherfukkers getting on my nerves. I usually dont condone crime but the lil nikkas in Pittsburgh, the 9, Boulevard, Glenwood, Joyland and Simpson need to start raising hell to scare they asses out my city

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

Scottdale
:wow:

:whoo: How did I miss this??? Rep breh cuz I aint heard this shyt in years, this shyt is taking me back for real for real. This was out back in the good ol days for me, before the grind and the life worriers, young brehs just running in the streets having fun. Going to teen clubs like the Warehouse, Nike Pavilion, Club Envy and all the wild shyt that went with that. A breh was 14-17 seeing some of everything and I thought for sure when you got grown it got even wilder, only to realize that the spots you was in was so ratchet there was no topping it once you hit 18 and 21.

I gotta post this one too, we used to bump this heavy on the West back in the day.

Diablos was really about that action too, they would rob nikkas and sell their work back to them. Had Perry Homes and Flipper Temple blinking like a stop light with no plug. These little 9th Ward brehs didn't start that, grew up hearing the OG dudes in Parkside/Perry/Flipper/HCP flex about not having a plug. And Perry Homes by itself was fukking huge, and they had that on lock just off robbing other dudes. Even had 12 and city council members on the team, dudes moved like organized crime. Thats what we grew up watching in the late 90's, and out of towners and johnny come lately's think this finesse shyt just started. Jared Samples was my fukking idol, as a kid I wanted to be him when I grew up, money and power in the streets and in business with a bad ass wife on my arm.

:mjcry:shyt making me low key sad too breh, got me thinking about some folks that aint even here anymore.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:whoo: How did I miss this??? Rep breh cuz I aint heard this shyt in years, this shyt is taking me back for real for real. This was out back in the good ol days for me, before the grind and the life worriers, young brehs just running in the streets having fun. Going to teen clubs like the Warehouse, Nike Pavilion, Club Envy and all the wild shyt that went with that. A breh was 14-17 seeing some of everything and I thought for sure when you got grown it got even wilder, only to realize that the spots you was in was so ratchet there was no topping it once you hit 18 and 21.

I gotta post this one too, we used to bump this heavy on the West back in the day.

Diablos was really about that action too, they would rob nikkas and sell their work back to them. Had Perry Homes and Flipper Temple blinking like a stop light with no plug. These little 9th Ward brehs didn't start that, grew up hearing the OG dudes in Parkside/Perry/Flipper/HCP flex about not having a plug. And Perry Homes by itself was fukking huge, and they had that on lock just off robbing other dudes. Even had 12 and city council members on the team, dudes moved like organized crime. Thats what we grew up watching in the late 90's, and out of towners and johnny come lately's think this finesse shyt just started. Jared Samples was my fukking idol, as a kid I wanted to be him when I grew up, money and power in the streets and in business with a bad ass wife on my arm.

:mjcry:shyt making me low key sad too breh, got me thinking about some folks that aint even here anymore.

Lol breh ATL is a different world. Im an Eastside cat but usually when rappers came out everyone knew their pedigree and if they were real or not. When i moved back to ATL after college the City was a different world. That Blood and crip stuff DID NOT exist when i was in HS, at most you would see some GD stuff.

Glenwood and Brick Rd cats had beef with scottdale, but when Get it would come on a the teen clubs even they was chanting that hook
:russ:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Lol breh ATL is a different world. Im an Eastside cat but usually when rappers came out everyone knew their pedigree and if they were real or not. When i moved back to ATL after college the City was a different world. That Blood and crip stuff DID NOT exist when i was in HS, at most you would see some GD stuff.

Glenwood and Brick Rd cats had beef with scottdale, but when Get it would come on a the teen clubs even they was chanting that hook
:russ:

Dawg this a totally different city now. Its like we known now, but it was more authentic back when we just dusty ol Atlanta no one cared about. I miss those days really, this fancy cosmopolitan shyt is cool, but I had more fun back then.

And I know how yall brehs from the East used to get down in those clubs back then, yall wasn't the only ones yelling "Edgewood mfer thats where I stay...." when that song came on:russ:
Had my runs in good and bad with yall too, seen Glenwood brehs come inthe spot deep as fukk holding up shirts with 107 on it, got into it with some Brick Rd dudes and almost clashed with some Marbut/Wellborn brehs, one of my main aces back then was from Boring Rd, used to hit the SWD games with them, and my first piece of p*ssy was over on Phillips Rd. I got major love for the East and the South, even like what Gwinnett got going right now.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Dawg this a totally different city now. Its like we known now, but it was more authentic back when we just dusty ol Atlanta no one cared about. I miss those days really, this fancy cosmopolitan shyt is cool, but I had more fun back then.

And I know how yall brehs from the East used to get down in those clubs back then, yall wasn't the only ones yelling "Edgewood mfer thats where I stay...." when that song came on:russ:
Had my runs in good and bad with yall too, seen Glenwood brehs come inthe spot deep as fukk holding up shirts with 107 on it, got into it with some Brick Rd dudes and almost clashed with some Marbut/Wellborn brehs, one of my main aces back then was from Boring Rd, used to hit the SWD games with them, and my first piece of p*ssy was over on Phillips Rd. I got major love for the East and the South, even like what Gwinnett got going right now.

The housing market crash changed the dynamics of Gwinnett. When i moved to the Eastside (Central and South dekalb county) in 95 it was the place to be as this is where all the black folks were moving to. By the mid 2000s when forclusures started happening I noticed alot of black families started moving to the Shiloh school district since it was right next to Stone mountain. Many of the well to do blacks that could afford it started moving to South Gwinnett county since Dekalb began to decline (home forclosures, rise of street gangs, declining schools), where now you got alot of schools in Gwinnett with sizeable black populations.

Gwinnett will always be for squares to me but Im not surprised seeing people like Migos come out of Gwinnett even though nobody honors that Northside talk lol.