"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
White folks tryna buy up all the hoods inside the belt line
Yup. You used to hear Jeezy talkin bout BMF and the 4th Ward back in the Trap or Die days. Now they get the damn Ponce City Market and parks at O4W.

my lil bother and cousin live in ATL and both make more money than me:mjcry: We all in IT... they do lesser shyt ( imo, way less advanced)... but somehow make more:dwillhuh:

my brother Never talks about the fakkits either:ohhh: Seems to not notice and he has a wife ... and i think hes smashin some lil chick but he won't admit it ( he's not like me.... he's low key as fukk )

Neither says anything bad.... like the bad shyt i hear. Like the Fakkits, Traffic, overcrowded ... none of that.

But i still don't know if i can fukk with it. :patrice:
You don't say? :wtf:
:beli:

Only this board and ATL haters focus on the homo shyt. I honestly don't see it cause that aint my scene and i dont go out of my way to see it.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
my lil bother and cousin live in ATL and both make more money than me:mjcry: We all in IT... they do lesser shyt ( imo, way less advanced)... but somehow make more:dwillhuh:

my brother Never talks about the fakkits either:ohhh: Seems to not notice and he has a wife ... and i think hes smashin some lil chick but he won't admit it ( he's not like me.... he's low key as fukk )

Neither says anything bad.... like the bad shyt i hear. Like the Fakkits, Traffic, overcrowded ... none of that.

But i still don't know if i can fukk with it. :patrice:

y are u so worried bout the "fakkits" breh :dahell:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I wouldnt send a out of town dude to live in South Dekalb or swats. Its alot of hood shyt going on there. Go to a neutral area like Sandy Springs or Marietta. Then when you get settled, maybe get a spot where you feel at home.

Depends on what dude is looking for. You go to a place like Sandy Springs or Marietta and you might get disconnected from what's really going on in the city but I see what you're getting at. My reason for mentioning them is b/c he was looking for working class neighborhoods. The SWATS & S Dekalb represent that to me but Marietta & S. Springs (what about Dunwoody?) definitely are good choices

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yo @PhonZhi

You said you drive trucks? Ever thought about becoming a transpo driver for movies/TV shows? Cats clearing 6 figs easy. Just gotta get in the union. I been thinking bout getting a CDL and doing it as a side hustle for times like now

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Depends on what dude is looking for. You go to a place like Sandy Springs or Marietta and you might get disconnected from what's really going on in the city but I see what you're getting at. My reason for mentioning them is b/c he was looking for working class neighborhoods. The SWATS & S Dekalb represent that to me but Marietta & S. Springs (what about Dunwoody?) definitely are good choices
my grandparents crib is in a subdivision in South Dekalb so I'm somewhat familiar with the area, but I was more trying to get a good view of areas that were decent yet not expensive to live in for those of us who's certs aren't up yet :pachaha:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
my grandparents crib is in a subdivision in South Dekalb so I'm somewhat familiar with the area, but I was more trying to get a good view of areas that were decent yet not expensive to live in for those of us who's certs aren't up yet :pachaha:

You could get a nice condo/apt in Camp Creek (SWATS) and be 10 mins from the airport. You could live in Austell by the East West Connector, get a nice little spot and be 15 mins from the city. There's so many good places in ATL (or surrounding areas) you could live that aren't expensive. A better question would be what part of town you're trying to work at...that will influence where you're trying to live too

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You could get a nice condo/apt in Camp Creek (SWATS) and be 10 mins from the airport. You could live in Austell by the East West Connector, get a nice little spot and be 15 mins from the city. There's so many good places in ATL (or surrounding areas) you could live that aren't expensive. A better question would be what part of town you're trying to work at...that will influence where you're trying to live too
it would probably be a few years before I would ever be in position to move, I was just trying to gauge the area but thanks for the advice.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL

The bold part is key. I live on the Eastside and drove all the way to Fulton Industrial (60 miles roundtrip) for the past year and a half. shyt killed my truck
:mjlol:
:to:

Try to live close to where you work and the places you might wanna hang out at at.

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Exactly. I'm on Indeed right now but I'm playing it smart and using the zipcode to gauge the distance of where I'm buying my crib instead of where I'm at now.

I can't wait to move tho. When I lived in Camp Creek I'd get a lil dressed up to go to Publix because of the random Black females :whew:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Exactly. I'm on Indeed right now but I'm playing it smart and using the zipcode to gauge the distance of where I'm buying my crib instead of where I'm at now.

I can't wait to move tho. When I lived in Camp Creek I'd get a lil dressed up to go to Publix because of the random Black females :whew:

The This is it across the street :ohlawd:

The liquor store in Camp Creek right next to the movies is still my go to spot in the city

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Used to hoop/workout at the LA Fitness over there. So many bad ones in that joint

LvrdSteez

YoungLord
Daps
Wish I could of just went to one freaknik
14c475h.png

Last edited: