"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
That snap finger woods/ Wesley Chapel area has been on fire recently. It’s a lot of gang shyt and pillheads
That area is pretty straight too :francis:

shyt crazy a damn post office worker got killed there, dude on Bouldercrest, another Lithonia kilin, the Lic dudes on Candler Rd hit :what:

jganer

Rookie
Daps
shyt is death trap, I went once back when it was City Lights and will never step foot in there again. Its a Zone 3 neighborhood hangout so it’s heavy with Pittsburgh, Dill Ave., Mechanicsville and Cleveland Ave brehs...which means it’s a shyt load of robbing going on. With those hoods in the building it’s basically Jack Boy Lounge. No thank you. They changed the name after it was on First 48, 2 young brehs got robbed walking to their car from there, they killed one of them and stripped the other one. shyt is the still the same ratchet hole in the wall tho. That spot is a throwback to a bygone era of round the way hole in the walls like Sanabella, Ms. Kittys, Silver Fox, Poole Palace etc...the type of spots where you really shouldn’t be in there unless you were from that area

Brings back memories of XXXL white tees and Air force ones :ahh:

jganer

Rookie
Daps
Social work. Case manager for a non profit i make decent money but im trying break into tech to really secure the bag.
I work in the IT field (CyberSecurity) and Atlanta is one of the top cities in the country for tech jobs. DO you have any certs?

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
What’s up with the Eastside? These past couple weeks been kinda wild :gucci:

The East took the crown from the West a few years ago homie. Over East is the wild side now. The Westside still gets all the attention, but Dekalb County been the murder cap of the metro for about the last decade. shyt might get worse than the West ever was cuz it’s so fukking big out there

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yo the comments got me:dead:

Famous in its day: Aunt Fanny’s Cabin
auntfannyscabinouthouse1.jpg

Famous, but also infamous in its day because of how it portrayed the South before the Civil War and Emancipation as a world of smiling slaves who loved serving the kindly white people who held them captive.

Beyond its costumed mammy servers and the Black children who boisterously recited the menu, sang, danced, and proclaimed the South would rise again, the proprietors of Aunt Fanny’s Cabin restaurant in Smyrna GA created a legend regarding its name and building which appropriated and falsified the life story of a living woman.

According to an oft-told tale, the restaurant’s core building was a relic of the Civil War era and the home of a former slave, Fanny Williams, who spent her last years sitting on the restaurant’s front porch telling of the war and its aftermath. At her death in 1949 legend had it that she was very old, her age ranging from somewhere in the 90s to much older. She was “about 112 years old” when she died, restaurant owner George Poole told a reporter in 1982.

Indeed there was a real Afro-American woman named Fanny Williams. However it was revealed after the restaurant closed in the 1990s that she was born after the Civil War and had never lived in the cabin, which itself dated from the 1890s. Poole’s estimate of her 112 years had been preposterous – only a few dozen people worldwide were known to have attained that age — but newspapers had been much inclined to lax reporting when it came to Aunt Fanny’s Cabin. Far from an ancient rural yokel, she was about 81 when she died, a city dweller in Atlanta, and active in raising funds for her church there. How willingly or why she adopted the ex-slave persona is unknown.

Peep the rest of the article yall

Famous in its day: Aunt Fanny’s Cabin

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

my students at Grady put me on this when I worked there last year. shyt goes in :wow:
we need more rappers from the westside to blow up