"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Not too worried about the above i personally feel you can make it anywhere as long as you have the right mindset and are willing to put in the effort. That includes networking. A degree helps but i learned from being born and raised in NY in a nigerian household that its all about the grind and making most of the opportunities given.:yeshrug:.

I already pay 1400 for a 1 bedroom :francis:so im used to that.

You got the right mindset fam. It’s all about the grind and what you put into it. Your grind/business/hustle is your baby and you should treat it as such. If you come here to network, with your elevator pitch ready on go for anyone who will listen and the elbow grease to back it up, you can make it work. But my comment was for the breh I quoted, cuz if you come here thinking that just cuz you bought a 1 way ticket to Hartsfield and you’re from.......(insert whatever random city), that you’ll pick gold out the street when you touch down, then you’ll be one of them salty ass nikkas who moves back home in 3 years talking bout “fukk ATL....”. I’ve seen it happen time and time again with people in my own family. Those days are over, it was like that at one point in time, not no more tho. Piece of advice too fam, this ain’t Houston breh, we got a lot of Nigerians here, but don’t think you’ll get by on that. And don’t use that “I’m from NY” shyt either. nikkas been coming down here decades, ain’t nobody impressed with that shyt here anymore. My pops came down from Chicago in the 80s on that tip and quickly got brushed off. He kept it 100 and said he had to switch his approach up to succeeed down here. And that was ‘83 breh, in ‘17 all that’s gonna get you is a target on your back. Move humble my breh.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Truth. ClayCo actually has a lower crime rate than Cobb, Fulton and Dekalb. It’s just that brehs who can’t think for themselves just hear what them Cacs say and run with it. Smh. ClayCo got some steals on houses, I could totally stay down there. Yeah it’s not Buckhead, it’s a blue collar/middle class area, and ain’t nothing wrong with that. You’d be safer out there in a 150K townhouse than you would be in a 350K condo in O4W 2 blocks over from a trap on Boulevard.

:mjlol: It’s a Riverdale in ATL too breh. Damn near every city has a Riverdale breh. The only Riverdale in America you should really watch your ass in is that Riverdale up there in Chicago. If I’m in ClayCo Riverdale I’m Gucci, now Chicago Riverdale on 120th and S Indiana Ave is a totally different ball game. I’m watching my fukking ass big time.

Thing about ClayCo is them schools are fukked up. I know im overpaying for the house im having built but the schools are pretty damn good so im coming out ahead there. We dont have the dough to live in a nice house AND pay for a private school so it was one or the other.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Thing about ClayCo is them schools are fukked up. I know im overpaying for the house im having built but the schools are pretty damn good so im coming out ahead there. We dont have the dough to live in a nice house AND pay for a private school so it was one or the other.

I feel you on that, but for some of us that may work actually might be grinding towards that. That’s actually my fallback plan breh, I’ve thought about it at length many times. If I drop a seed right now and by the time they school age I don’t have the check to buy in a nice area, then ima be one of them brehs with a 175K crib in the McNair or North Clayton district with kid(s) that go to whatever private school fits my situation the best. I do my own thing so home schooling is something I would look at too regardless of where I lived at just cuz I’m on some other type shyt anyway. I think some people overrate those good public schools in the high priced areas anyway, I know a lot of fukked up brehs and brehettes who came outta the Riverwoods, NAH, North Springs and Grady’s of the world.

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:dead: at how people on the Coli always bring up :wrist:shyt when someone mentions Atlanta.
All of the attractive women there are in Atlanta and people are actually worried about some gays? :dahell:
Only the areas inside the perimeter really have gays like that. Most places outside the perimeter are full of conservative christians.

:dead: at how much these liberal cacs on Reddit hate anywhere outside the perimeter.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hell we need a white mayor as a reality check. Black folks in atl are goofy as hell.

Exactly, if anything this shows Nikkas need to get in line and support each other. We don't have numbers like that, even in atlanta now :yeshrug:

We may not get the city back though imo. :francis: