"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
Next to the Busy Bee?

All these years, that spot has been boarded up, and it's being revamped to put in a Chick-fil-a of all things?

I wonder how this gentrification is going to affect the AUC in the near future.

I didn't read the article and ain't know they putting in right there till u said next to busy bees.

I gotta give it to em, that's a good location :ehh:

I can get a haircut, get sum weed, get cash back from the walmart, then get chic fil a:whoo:

They need to add some self check outs at that Walmart tho

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Atlanta Public Schools gave us the day off on Tuesday so that folks who live in the city can go vote

You raise a great point....who y'all thinking about backing in the mayoral election on Tuesday?

Keisha Lance Bottoms would basically carry on what Kasim Reed's done, since they pretty much shared the same platform...like, that's his homie. So if people are tired of him, then her chances decrease exponentially. But as of THIS MORNING, she's leading the polls.

Mary Norwood - she's right behind Bottoms in the vote. She ran against Reed before and BARELY lost (714 votes)....so any White backlash against Reed and she's their woman. I dunno what her platform is and far be it from me to accuse her of having "biases"...but if so, and Black voters don't show up, she could win by default, no matter what the polls currently say.

LONG SHOTS

Ceasar Mitchell - people call him the "anti-Kasim Reed", like Reed's exact opposite. So people who ain't been rocking with Reed may flock to him. Plus, dude has already raised the gang of money for his campaign (almost a mill ticket, I think), and supposedly he landers to old school Black voters. So, like, he's your grandmama's candidate, lol...

Cathy Woolard - Georgia's first openly gay elected official. While I personally question if the WHOLE city is that progressive yet, if so she has a pretty solid built-in constituency.

Kwanza Hall - Twitter fingers, lol....nah, I actually know this brother he's good people. Not so sure he has a greater shot than ere'body else already named before him, though....

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You raise a great point....who y'all thinking about backing in the mayoral election on Tuesday?

Keisha Lance Bottoms would basically carry on what Kasim Reed's done, since they pretty much shared the same platform...like, that's his homie. So if people are tired of him, then her chances decrease exponentially. But as of THIS MORNING, she's leading the polls.

Mary Norwood - she's right behind Bottoms in the vote. She ran against Reed before and BARELY lost (714 votes)....so any White backlash against Reed and she's their woman. I dunno what her platform is and far be it from me to accuse her of having "biases"...but if so, and Black voters don't show up, she could win by default, no matter what the polls currently say.

LONG SHOTS

Ceasar Mitchell - people call him the "anti-Kasim Reed", like Reed's exact opposite. So people who ain't been rocking with Reed may flock to him. Plus, dude has already raised the gang of money for his campaign (almost a mill ticket, I think), and supposedly he landers to old school Black voters. So, like, he's your grandmama's candidate, lol...

Cathy Woolard - Georgia's first openly gay elected official. While I personally question if the WHOLE city is that progressive yet, if so she has a pretty solid built-in constituency.

Kwanza Hall - Twitter fingers, lol....nah, I actually know this brother he's good people. Not so sure he has a greater shot than ere'body else already named before him, though....

I haven’t been keeping up with the race or researching the candidates cause I don’t stay in Atlanta proper so I can’t vote.

Just hope whoever wins does something about affordable housing and slowing down the displacement of our people in the city.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Traffic was fukkin bananas tonight in Midtown..power was out on a few blocks and it was a hit and run on Ivan Allen and Luckie where a cyclist got killed.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Folks here cannot drive. I wouldn't dare ride a bike on the road. Even Marta hit a few cyclist in the 8 years I've been here.

Took me too damn long to get home to clay co from work in Midtown.

I think it was a police chase tho and the nikka they were chasing hit the cyclist and kept going :snoop: