"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
My mom has been without power since Monday(South Dekalb). She dipped and went to my Grandma's house:francis:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
My internet went out at the same time, same day. U must be on the eastside

Naw I'm downtown, but my aunt stay off Candler and she said her internet went out at that same time on Monday too. shyt crazy. Mine came back like 2-3 hours ago. Need to check on aunty cause she just got power back not too long ago.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Atlanta's Westside cashes in with another $32M worth of investments from city, Arthur Blank

Atlanta's historic Westside neighborhoods received another major boost after receiving $32 million worth of investments.

The funding comes from commitments by Mayor Kasim Reed on behalf of the city of Atlanta and the Arthur M Blank Family Foundation. The city dedicated $15 million to the Bellwood Quarry Park, $1 million to move Kenny Leon’s True Colors Theatre to the Westside and $1 million to Westside Works. Foundation chairman Arthur Blankcommitted an additional $15 million, bringing the total of the Westside Neighborhood Prosperity Fund to $30 million.

“Real, impactful change is happening in Atlanta’s historic Westside communities because of the passion and trust expressed by residents, the belief in inclusive transformation from corporate partners and the city of Atlanta, and the dedication by Westside-based nonprofits to serve those facing some of the toughest of circumstances,” said Blank, cofounder of The Home Depot Inc. (NYSE: HD) and owner of the Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United. “We know there is more to be done, and our family foundation is unreservedly committed to the people and place of Atlanta’s historic Westside.”

Since 2014, the Blank Foundation has distributed more than $12 million of its initial $15 million Westside Neighborhood Prosperity Fund commitment in areas focused on building human capital through workforce development, housing, education, health, entrepreneurship, and youth leadership, according to the organization. An additional $7 million has been invested in Westside initiatives through other foundation programming.

Last September, the City of Refuge, a 20-year-old nonprofit serving Atlanta’s Westside, received $7.5 million in donations from The Chick-fil-A Foundation, The Coca-Cola Foundation and the city of Atlanta to expand its vocational training and entrepreneurial services.

If you ain't in on the Westside you are missing TF out brehs. This ain't the last big investment that's gonna happen over there

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
:banderas:

told y'all in 2014/2015

I saw another article where former Georgia Tech alum/Atlanta Brave and NY Yankees 1B Mark Teixeria (cac for those of y'all who don't follow baseball) is planning a hotel, residential mixed use development by Bankhead Station. I'm reading that like :what: but that shows you that they not playing and that's at Bankhead Station...that's in the heart of Bankhead

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I saw another article where former Georgia Tech alum/Atlanta Brave and NY Yankees 1B Mark Teixeria (cac for those of y'all who don't follow baseball) is planning a hotel, residential mixed use development by Bankhead Station. I'm reading that like :what: but that shows you that they not playing and that's at Bankhead Station...that's in the heart of Bankhead

Close to west midtown & bellwood, and a bunch of dirt cheap real estate and renters who can be moved with ease. I said before that I wouldn't be shock if every Marta Station is turned into a Mixed Use development.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
That's not the heart of Bankhead