"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
You realize you're discussing the home of the Civil Rights movement? The Epicenter of NonViolent Activism. Atlanta has been tested.

LA is King huh? Were you alive for Rodney King and the Riots.

Agreed. I don't understand that post from @notPsychosiz at all. Is he saying white supremacist don't exist in LA? Like the Watts riots didn't happen within our lifetimes? Or that's Atlanta hasn't proven to be a city committed to fight racism? But If you're delusional or naive enough to think that racists won't try you, please think again. Don't be fooled into thinking that there aren't hate groups and neo nazis and white supremacists all over this country. Breh trying to act like they won't come out there is just wrong and misguided af

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Agreed. I don't understand that post from @notPsychosiz at all. Is he saying white supremacist don't exist in LA? Like the Watts riots didn't happen within our lifetimes? Or that's Atlanta hasn't proven to be a city committed to fight racism? But If you're delusional or naive enough to think that racists won't try you, please think again. Don't be fooled into thinking that there aren't hate groups and neo nazis and white supremacists all over this country. Breh trying to act like they won't come out there is just wrong and misguided af

That isn't what I said at all.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
You realize you're discussing the home of the Civil Rights movement? The Epicenter of NonViolent Activism. Atlanta has been tested.

LA is King huh? Were you alive for Rodney King and the Riots.

giphy.gif

k

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
California has the most active hate groups in the nation. Race relations are probably more laxed being that it's a huge melting pot and more young, progressive people living there vs the old south vibes that you'll get pretty much anywhere in the south

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
vs the old south vibes that you'll get pretty much anywhere in the south

Atlanta has been an exception to that "pretty much anywhere". Its been a carved

And even if you disagree with that, its currently not anything 'old south' or whatever vibe you're suggesting. Its young. Its progressive. Its a Black-majority city, run by Black leadership, with more Black led Businesses per capita than anywhere else. This transformation as happened over past 40-50 years.

Im not saying we don't have to be concerned here. But that goes for all of America. We all need to be concerned. No place is immune. Im just saying, in the words of Pastor Troy, Atlanta is ready.

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Atlanta has been an exception to that "pretty much anywhere". Its been a carved

And even if you disagree with that, its currently not anything 'old south' or whatever vibe you're suggesting. Its young. Its progressive. Its a Black-majority city, run by Black leadership, with more Black led Businesses per capita than anywhere else. This transformation as happened over past 40-50 years.

Im not saying we don't have to be concerned here. But that goes for all of America. We all need to be concerned. No place is immune. Im just saying, in the words of Pastor Troy, Atlanta is ready.
I see your point of view but Atlanta is extremely segerated. Go to once of the cac bars and you'll see

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Went to Imperial Fez in Buckhead this past weekend. First time trying Moroccan food. shyt was lit. Had a 5 course meal with a belly dancer performing as entertainment.

Took my wife there for Valentines Day this year. Had a great time...food was different like you said, but it was a great time. Belly dancers were litty in that bih, literally :banderas:

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
Took my wife there for Valentines Day this year. Had a great time...food was different like you said, but it was a great time. Belly dancers were litty in that bih, literally :banderas:

Thought it would be more than one belly dancer though. She was a bit eh but still kept the place lively. But great experience, indeed.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Clarify then because your post made no sense to me
I've been to Atlanta.
It's demeanor isn't Charlottesville... but its not that dissimilar to Fayettesville. (Both places I've also been).

I am rooting for Atlanta. It is on course to be the next Black Wallstreet. But Black Wallstreet didn't fail, it was destroyed.
So the meaning of the post you didn't understand, put simply... is do not allow yourself to be destroyed.

Sometimes when you don't understand something, it simpy isn't meant for you.

Case and point; my post addresses the threat of looming violence, but one of the first responses to it is a poster tauting the city's history of non-violent pseudo-resistance. So I largely ignored him. He isn't who the message was meant for because in time of need he'll be indoors curled up under a table.

If you understand the history of what happens to prosperous sects within the US, you understand that unless or until you can defend your meager possessions, you own nothing.
Black Atlanta is only an idea until it is shown that cacs cannot take it, by force or intimidation, should they seek to.
There are reasons that cac rally was in Charlottesville, not Oakland, or Detroit. In time each city may find itself in an identity check, and we will see whether these cities across the map are rider cities, or whether despite the high minority populations they allow the police and politicians to keep their foot on the necks of the civillians, like New York with the NYPD.

So, as someone in LA... a place where cac racists, police, and whover else get assaulted and/or merc'd when they linestep... not bombarded with glittered signs and chants, I offered advice.
Do not be offended by a perceived call to action you aren't up for, because if you are weary of such commitment, the message was never directed to/at you. It is to the city at large.