"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Turner Field redo: boutique offices, brewery, eatery, 800 residences in Phase 1 pipeline
Summerhill_Rendering.0.0.jpg

Summerhill_Rendering_2.jpg

:banderas:

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
I just wanna put this knowledge out there for my fellow ATL-iens to think about..... all these issues with roads I believe is the government doing test to see how they can easily destroy major highways to prevent people from entering/leaving the city during major catastrophes. Also pay attention, every major black city has multiple stadiums/arena, a lot of them empty. This is to house people like they did during Katrina... You nikkas dont find it odd there are 2 huge domes literally right next too each other, and the old Dome nothing was wrong with it... Not only that they build another baseball stadium, when Turner field isn't even old... :francis:

Yall nikkas better stay woke..... get your guns up. stock up on food. prepare. These crackers dont wanna see a Black city progress.

Alaafin

#TeamLawrence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Vine City
lol them folks NOT tryna mess with Ashby, Bankhead, or HE Holmes
:russ:
Wee-Bey-Shrug.gif

more seats for us

I just wanna put this knowledge out there for my fellow ATL-iens to think about..... all these issues with roads I believe is the government doing test to see how they can easily destroy major highways to prevent people from entering/leaving the city during major catastrophes. Also pay attention, every major black city has multiple stadiums/arena, a lot of them empty. This is to house people like they did during Katrina... You nikkas dont find it odd there are 2 huge domes literally right next too each other, and the old Dome nothing was wrong with it... Not only that they build another baseball stadium, when Turner field isn't even old... :francis:

Yall nikkas better stay woke..... get your guns up. stock up on food. prepare. These crackers dont wanna see a Black city progress.
:leostare: correct me if I'm remembering wrong...

Blank wanted a new stadium for superbowls (there were some structural issues and they tried to justify it by the repair costs - better to make a brand new shiny stadium than fix the dome) and Kasim gave him what he wanted

there were a few things wrong with turner field
- the money they had to invest into the field
- the land owners surrounding it were holding it hostage waiting for prices to go up or something
- people weren't going to the braves game, and their main customers (old white folks otp) were complaining about dealing with traffic/marta.. so they moved closer to their fan base

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Wee-Bey-Shrug.gif

more seats for us

:leostare: correct me if I'm remembering wrong...

Blank wanted a new stadium for superbowls (there were some structural issues and they tried to justify it by the repair costs - better to make a brand new shiny stadium than fix the dome) and Kasim gave him what he wanted

there were a few things wrong with turner field
- the money they had to invest into the field
- the land owners surrounding it were holding it hostage waiting for prices to go up or something
- people weren't going to the braves game, and their main customers (old white folks otp) were complaining about dealing with traffic/marta.. so they moved closer to their fan base

Yea pretty much. At the core, both new stadiums are about 2 things: Money & ownership. Blank & the Falcons now will be the main operator of the stadium and will get the majority of the money from games, parking, events, etc. That wasn't the case with the Dome which was owned & operated by the Georgia World Congress Center Authority (The GWCCA will also still "own" the new stadium). Same thing with the Braves, they own SunTrust Park now, as you mentioned they never owned the land or area around Turner Field. So yes you were spot on in your assessment

@SouljaVoy if you believe in conspiracy theories cool. But otherwise everything else you typed is completely off base

Daps
Whenever I pass thru Atlanta on I 285 I see them building those big walls near the apartment complexes...like they trying to block the view....:ohhh::yeshrug:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
:ohhh: Today? I thought it was Monday. That's fukkin perfect I'm leaving off of Chattahoochee Ave headed to Cumming, if it can handle me at 78k pounds y'all will be aight.

I think they're opening up certain lanes on it but they showed an aerial view and it's done from what they're saying

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
For someone who lives in NY and who does not have a car i know they always say if you plan on living in atlanta you need a car. do you guys recommend getting a car here in NY before i go?

Or buying the car in atlanta?