"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Hard to say with something like a Mayoral race. They don't have a lot of record to look at lobbying, voting etc. I would have to go back and refresh my memory but I feel like she rand a bit of a dog whistle campaign against the black establishment that Kasim is a branch of relative to City Hall.

Ultimately you are correct and that's what why Kasim took it. My only thought is that Kwanza and Caesar could split enough of the vote to open the door for her.

Yeah they are both cut from the exact same cloth as Kasim so it didnt make sense to me to see them both run at the same time.

Um sorry to burst your bubbles but peter aman is going to win. He's a Bain consulting guy and a democrat. Bain consulting has Strategically entered elections to win, like with romney and Bain has vp and president level ex employees in almost all of Atlantas top companies. They purposefully will support another black candidate financially to split the black vote to win.

lol Nikkas got no clue what's going on:mjlol:

:picard:

Last edited:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Btw Kasim will endorse peter if it comes down to it :sas2:

Not making this up at all. And peter will
Choose michael sterling as his running mate to get the stamp of approval :sas1:

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Was getting my haircut and my barber was telling me they're looking to revamp the entire MLK drive near the new dome, near the AUC.

Bring public transit over here, basically look to attract others to the area:mjpls:

Traffic is already rough but it'll probably get worse. I forgot the timetable he said though

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Um sorry to burst your bubbles but peter aman is going to win. He's a Bain consulting guy and a democrat. Bain consulting has Strategically entered elections to win, like with romney and Bain has vp and president level ex employees in almost all of Atlantas top companies. They purposefully will support another black candidate financially to split the black vote to win.

lol Nikkas got no clue what's going on:mjlol:

:picard:
How is that bursting my bubble?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:manny: maybe it's not. I know black people expect two blacks at then end and that's being done on pupose
You basically have the same theory of the vote being split as I did but with an admittedly better candidate and scenario. I skipped over Aman but that makes a ton of sense.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Of all the candidates I see Caesar Mitchell, Atlanta City Council President, as the most likely new mayor of the city. I do think Norwood will be a legitimate threat considering how she almost beat Kasim last time.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Was getting my haircut and my barber was telling me they're looking to revamp the entire MLK drive near the new dome, near the AUC.

Bring public transit over here, basically look to attract others to the area:mjpls:

Traffic is already rough but it'll probably get worse. I forgot the timetable he said though

Yea this has been in the works since 2015:

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-make-mlk-drive-look-appropriate-for-its.html

It'll be more of a boulevard feel with fountains, better lighting, wider streets

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anybody live on the west end? I'm 90% I want to buy there and want to here somebody's experience

Alaafin

#TeamLawrence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Vine City

already being gentrified
white people are already starting to move in :francis:
knew what was up when I saw white women running down simpson in the morning

might buy a house in the bluff at this rate

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Anybody live on the west end? I'm 90% I want to buy there and want to here somebody's experience
I go to school over there and my homegirl rents an apartment out that way. As far as i know she doesnt have any complaints. She did say she doesnt know if she could live out there long term though