"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Stopped thru Illegal Foods last night with my girl, we only had the Japanese Sweet Potato Fries. Joints were bangin, I gotta go back there. Might have to try a few new burger spots for Burger Week too

I cant imagine any bad reviews, imo its one of those spots you gotta try, probably one of the best menus in town since they do a special menu every few days.

Grind house is not worth the trip, but if you are next to one it is cool. Yeah Buger is nothing to write home about just another casual fast food spot like Shake Shack, imo Burger Fi is better.

Appreciate the feedback. Yea I just want us to do something fun, maybe be on the patio, get some drinks and enjoy ourselves. But I want the best burger the city has to offer. Already done Vortex (Midtown & L5P locations) so I need a new spot

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I've seen the top 10-20 burger lists (Shake Shack, Bones, Vortex, etc) but I'm wondering if anybody's actually eaten at some of the places
Others will disagree, but Vortex got one of the best burgers I ever had in my life.

Yeah Burger was good, too, but not too remarkable.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Others will disagree, but Vortex got one of the best burgers I ever had in my life.

I`d say they have probably the most outlandish menu, but there are many places with better burgers. Vortex is an ATL landmark but I think they need to overhaul their menu.

Cypress Street & Pine is another good spot with a dope burger, mainly the Sublime Burger.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Illegal food has a bar and patio and its in Virginia Highlands and I`m pretty sure they have a lot of bars there.

I ain't been to Va Hi in forever :wow:

Last time I was out there was like 4 years ago, went to the Strivers Row store (is it even still open?)

The midtown location is under rated IMO. The L5P location is more iconic, but the burger I had at the midtown location was phenomenal :wow:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I ain't been to Va Hi in forever :wow:

Last time I was out there was like 4 years ago, went to the Strivers Row store (is it even still open?)

The midtown location is under rated IMO. The L5P location is more iconic, but the burger I had at the midtown location was phenomenal :wow:

If you dont mind the drive look into this
Atlanta Burger Wars

They moved it out to the boonies but I went in 2014 when it was intown and it was lit. Buy your ticket and get unlimited Burger Samples, then they had VIP tickets which included alcohol if you like to drink. IDK if they changed up the format for this yr though

BGLR1212000

Rookie
Daps
I've been to basically all the burger joints over the years, it's hard to say what the "best". Off the top of my head I'm gonna sat Grindhouse.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Any recommendations on sushi?

I liked Amura (was up in buckhead but it closed down).
Ru Sans (heard it was just ok)
Ra Sushi (never tried it) but i hear a lot of folks talk about it

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Any recommendations on sushi?

I liked Amura (was up in buckhead but it closed down).
Ru Sans (heard it was just ok)
Ra Sushi (never tried it) but i hear a lot of folks talk about it

Ru Sans is good entry level sushi for folks who arent Sushi enthusiast. I think they have lunch buffets too.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Ru Sans is good entry level sushi for folks who arent Sushi enthusiast. I think they have lunch buffets too.

:scust: Ru Sans got me sick one time breh. Stay the fukk away from the one on Moreland. That shyt heavy MSG too. I can always tell how my body feels and how my shyts are the next day after I eat that some MSG shyt. Some folks maybe can't tell the difference but my whole body be off after I eat food with that shyt in it. Damn near feel sick actually