"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yea right next to it
What areas in Atlanta are revitalizing ?? - Georgia (GA) - Page 4 - City-Data Forum
My son is looking at buying a house in Grove Park. (rental, how much) - Atlanta - Georgia (GA) - City-Data Forum

These threads are old and some of the posters arent black so take that with a grain of salt. I think anything that far west as a tad bit longer to go. Anything West of Bankhead is a no go imo, unless you want to buy and sit on some property.

Look into Ashview Heights, Vine City, and Washington Park. West end is a no brainer, but I dont think they have an abundance of move in ready cribs as its a hot spot right now. I wouldn't move anywhere that is North of Boone and West of Lowery.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
What areas in Atlanta are revitalizing ?? - Georgia (GA) - Page 4 - City-Data Forum
My son is looking at buying a house in Grove Park. (rental, how much) - Atlanta - Georgia (GA) - City-Data Forum

These threads are old and some of the posters arent black so take that with a grain of salt. I think anything that far west as a tad bit longer to go. Anything West of Bankhead is a no go imo, unless you want to buy and sit on some property.

Look into Ashview Heights, Vine City, and Washington Park. West end is a no brainer, but I dont think they have an abundance of move in ready cribs as its a hot spot right now. I wouldn't move anywhere that is North of Boone and West of Lowery.

West of Bankhead going into Cobb right? Once you get out of the 30318 zip code (by far the most economically depressed zip code in Atlanta) going West isn't that bad but that's if you're cool living in Mableton into Austell. If you're coming back into the city Washington Park has a lot of potential and has some newer and renovated homes. Vine City is a crap shoot...if the Falcons & City deliver to build on their promise to renovate that area you could be sitting on a gold mine if you buy land in there, but if it falls through Vine City will continue to be a barren waste land

There's a lot of bandos on Lowery driving thru the AUC, my girl was talking to me about buying some property over there,but I just don't see how that area really being upgraded without some major reinvestment

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
West of Bankhead going into Cobb right? Once you get out of the 30318 zip code (by far the most economically depressed zip code in Atlanta) going West isn't that bad but that's if you're cool living in Mableton into Austell. If you're coming back into the city Washington Park has a lot of potential and has some newer and renovated homes. Vine City is a crap shoot...if the Falcons & City deliver to build on their promise to renovate that area you could be sitting on a gold mine if you buy land in there, but if it falls through Vine City will continue to be a barren waste land

There's a lot of bandos on Lowery driving thru the AUC, my girl was talking to me about buying some property over there,but I just don't see how that area really being upgraded without some major reinvestment

he wants to live on the westside. Vine City will be fine, English Ave is the area that is suspect imo. Look up Mims Park, the guy who developed Central Park is trying to do a Park in Vine City. They were going to start a few yrs back but postponed, but now the talks are back on.

check this site out planwestside.com

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
@AVXL best part about frank ski coming back (not that I care or anything) is that it says more about ATL than it does DC

I'm not really sure what to make of that move, it's a good look I guess but he was trying to syndicate nationally and that never happened. Guess you can always come home :manny:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
he wants to live on the westside. Vine City will be fine, English Ave is the area that is suspect imo. Look up Mims Park, the guy who developed Central Park is trying to do a Park in Vine City. They were going to start a few yrs back but postponed, but now the talks are back on.

check this site out planwestside.com

There are some good home buying incentives for living in Vine City/English Ave

Welcome to Invest Atlanta, The Atlanta Economic Development Authority

But I'm not as optimistic as you are about that area. As recently as 3 years ago you had reports that it will take up to $45 million dollars to revitalize that area, even with the Falcons/Blank "giving" $15-$20 million to the area I still don't see that neighborhood getting that money. And there's precedent for Vine City not getting money it was owed as recently as when the GA Dome was built. I hope I'm wrong, but the housing boom in ATL isn't happening there, I'd hate for anyone to invest money there on hope and optimism and lose out when the housing money is in Cumberland, West Midtown and Downtown

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
There are some good home buying incentives for living in Vine City/English Ave

Welcome to Invest Atlanta, The Atlanta Economic Development Authority

But I'm not as optimistic as you are about that area. As recently as 3 years ago you had reports that it will take up to $45 million dollars to revitalize that area, even with the Falcons/Blank "giving" $15-$20 million to the area I still don't see that neighborhood getting that money. And there's precedent for Vine City not getting money it was owed as recently as when the GA Dome was built. I hope I'm wrong, but the housing boom in ATL isn't happening there, I'd hate for anyone to invest money there on hope and optimism and lose out when the housing money is in Cumberland, West Midtown and Downtown

Cumberland is hot because its cheap but that will change and traffic will be a mess soon. Downtown = Vine City essentially. Philips Arenas revitalization will spark Castleberry hill and parts of Vine City, also you have tot think about English Ave and Vine Citys proximity to Tech Square/Midtown. Companies are flooding in and eventually there will need to be more options for the talent these companies are bringing to live in. Like I said anything West of Lowery and north of Boone have a long way to go or maybe may even turn into a Little Mexico as I have noticed many Mexican families are moving to NW ATL because of proximity to construction jobs and other businesses. Kasim Reed is different than these past mayors, he puts his money where his mouth is, the question will black people take advantage or end up late to the party like they were in East ATL. I was in HS in the early 2000s and never thought anything of East ATL coming back.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Cumberland is hot because its cheap but that will change and traffic will be a mess soon. Downtown = Vine City essentially. Philips Arenas revitalization will spark Castleberry hill and parts of Vine City, also you have tot think about English Ave and Vine Citys proximity to Tech Square/Midtown. Companies are flooding in and eventually there will need to be more options for the talent these companies are bringing to live in. Like I said anything West of Lowery and north of Boone have a long way to go or maybe may even turn into a Little Mexico as I have noticed many Mexican families are moving to NW ATL because of proximity to construction jobs and other businesses. Kasim Reed is different than these past mayors, he puts his money where his mouth is, the question will black people take advantage or end up late to the party like they were in East ATL. I was in HS in the early 2000s and never thought anything of East ATL coming back.

Cumberland/Cobb Co has the highest rate of millennial growth in the country. Transit options aren't great up here (CCT is extremely limited in bus stops, buses and scheduling buses), but the Northwest Corridor is nearing completion and there continues to be additional traffic construction along 285 headed South from Paces Ferry to I-20. Cobb Parkway is expanding too. The area isn't perfect but this area is far better poised to be worth your investment even with everyone coming up here.

As far as Vine City is concerned, I wouldn't really consider that "downtown" but fukk it that's semantics. If I were going to purchase property in Vine City I'd just buy land, I wouldn't buy a home there, not yet. I believe that these tech companies moving to Atlanta are going to want to live in developed areas of town that make sense with their current lifestyle (Midtown/West Midtown). And I agree that the Philips renovation will be a boon for downtown but on the other side going towards the city. There's another new apartment complex coming to Centennial Olympic Park and there's room on Marietta St headed towards Northside to continue building. I see those areas as being more viable right now than Vine City

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Cumberland/Cobb Co has the highest rate of millennial growth in the country. Transit options aren't great up here (CCT is extremely limited in bus stops, buses and scheduling buses), but the Northwest Corridor is nearing completion and there continues to be additional traffic construction along 285 headed South from Paces Ferry to I-20. Cobb Parkway is expanding too. The area isn't perfect but this area is far better poised to be worth your investment even with everyone coming up here.

As far as Vine City is concerned, I wouldn't really consider that "downtown" but fukk it that's semantics. If I were going to purchase property in Vine City I'd just buy land, I wouldn't buy a home there, not yet. I believe that these tech companies moving to Atlanta are going to want to live in developed areas of town that make sense with their current lifestyle (Midtown/West Midtown). And I agree that the Philips renovation will be a boon for downtown but on the other side going towards the city. There's another new apartment complex coming to Centennial Olympic Park and there's room on Marietta St headed towards Northside to continue building. I see those areas as being more viable right now than Vine City

I know about Cumberland, I lived there, and majority of the millennials living there are renting, the places like Vinnings is too expensive for the avg person under 30 and Smyrna is "old" and not "hip". When the rents go up in Cumberland as they are people may bounce, but that won't be for a while.

And nobody is saying Vine City is going to be a 5 yr change. The Westside in General will be a 10-15 yr transition, the Beltline projects on that side won't even be done for another 15-20 yrs. IF you dont have kids the West Side is somewhat Low risk as you can have a mortgage thats anywhere from 500-700 bucks, so you pretty much are sitting on your property and stacking your bread opposed to dropping 1500-2500 in other intown areas. Worst Case with the westside you have a rental property that you can rent out for 800-1200 until things shake.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I know about Cumberland, I lived there, and majority of the millennials living there are renting, the places like Vinnings is too expensive for the avg person under 30 and Smyrna is "old" and not "hip". When the rents go up in Cumberland as they are people may bounce, but that won't be for a while.

And nobody is saying Vine City is going to be a 5 yr change. The Westside in General will be a 10-15 yr transition, the Beltline projects on that side won't even be done for another 15-20 yrs. IF you dont have kids the West Side is somewhat Low risk as you can have a mortgage thats anywhere from 500-700 bucks, so you pretty much are sitting on your property and stacking your bread opposed to dropping 1500-2500 in other intown areas. Worst Case with the westside you have a rental property that you can rent out for 800-1200 until things shake.

Yea im cool with Vine City as a long term investment I just think you gotta be careful when the people who are supposedly putting money into the city aren't personally tied into that part of town. If Vine City stays the way it's been for decades (Dr. King lived over there and the King's still own a home there) none of the people who have talked about investing money (ie Arthur Blank) will lose any sleep. Also this housing boom/bubble will burst at some point, 5-10 years from now who knows what the housing market will look. A challenged part of town like Vine City could be even more challenged by then

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yea im cool with Vine City as a long term investment I just think you gotta be careful when the people who are supposedly putting money into the city aren't personally tied into that part of town. If Vine City stays the way it's been for decades (Dr. King lived over there and the King's still own a home there) none of the people who have talked about investing money (ie Arthur Blank) will lose any sleep. Also this housing boom/bubble will burst at some point, 5-10 years from now who knows what the housing market will look. A challenged part of town like Vine City could be even more challenged by then

You can get a modern home there for 50-80k lol even with a bubble burst you arent taking an L compared to those who dropped 300-400k to live in East ATL and now their homes are worth 100-200k. Only areas that are protected will be the places like Buckhead,Dunwoody, etc where people arent moving too because there is never/rarely anything for sale.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Kasim Reed is different than these past mayors, he puts his money where his mouth is, the question will black people take advantage or end up late to the party like they were in East ATL. I was in HS in the early 2000s and never thought anything of East ATL coming back.

nicca, white folks was at Grant Park, white folks was at L5P, you never thought the dots would be connected?