"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Hit up Ponce City Market last night, place has potential, but has that "Seattle Hipster" vibe, and its wild seeing how the building is now having worked there back when it was City Hall East.

Had Hops Chicken, the chicken was good but sides trash. Its like a Crispy version of KFC Original Recipe but obvious better ingredients in the breading and oil used.
12469512_10154571736112627_7510495189871089521_o.jpg

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
I wish 92.9 would pair Hugh and Kehmla instead

John Fricke is one stiff old white man. I can literally hear him bristling at the negrocity that comes out of Hugh and his producers sometimes.

The PD up there is a brotha, but he sure is fukking up. I dont know how he keeps his job, the turnover up there and the on air talent is a mess. Dukes and Bell works, i like Mitch. The rest of the shows could be so much better with a influx of talent.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Anyone know any good spots for live music?

Center stage/vinyl. They always have really good acts up there. If you want something a little more local, try Kats Cafe over in midtown. Mostly black crowd, jazz and soul

My personal favorite is Cafe 290 which is a live jazz club. Always some nice looking women in there, the vibe is really cool and the food is good

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
....but if you're looking to live north of the city why not live in Dunwoody? I messed with several females who had their own apartments off Ashford Dunwoody and all lived near Perimeter Mall

I love the Dunwoody area, if we ever leave Grayson that's where I wanna go....

Where y'all brehs taking the misses for V-Day?
South Beach, Miami. :win:

BTW, we gotta do a Coli meet for ATL. We got so many positive brehs who are doing their thing out here...

Maaaan I been with this for over a year.....someplace either downtown or Midtown, a centralized location ere'body can get to.....

Had Hops Chicken...

This is next on my list.

But again....any brehs familiar with East Atlanta Village? How's the scene over there?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
John Fricke is one stiff old white man. I can literally hear him bristling at the negrocity that comes out of Hugh and his producers sometimes.

The PD up there is a brotha, but he sure is fukking up. I dont know how he keeps his job, the turnover up there and the on air talent is a mess. Dukes and Bell works, i like Mitch. The rest of the shows could be so much better with a influx of talent.
Thing is I've never been crazy about Hugh but at least he's entertaining.Kinda reminds me of Ryan Stewart but with less childish behavior.

My problem with Hugh is that he's somewhat ignorant. But while Fricke is also ignorant as fukk he actually says way too much dumb shyt on the air. You can't have 2 dumb asses together and the fact that Fricke is boring makes it worse.

So I say put Hugh on with Kehmla. Hughs humor and insights as a former player combined with Kehmlas style would be perfect.

Last edited:

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Hit up Ponce City Market last night, place has potential, but has that "Seattle Hipster" vibe, and its wild seeing how the building is now having worked there back when it was City Hall East.

Had Hops Chicken, the chicken was good but sides trash. Its like a Crispy version of KFC Original Recipe but obvious better ingredients in the breading and oil used.
12469512_10154571736112627_7510495189871089521_o.jpg

I liked their Spicy Chicken

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

fricke aint move all the way out to Lake Allatoona because he liked the view, i think he went to redan high WAY back in the day though, mitch tired and dry, i cant listen to him, he should have never graduated beyond sports update

Daps
Reppin
The Best Thang Smokin
Center stage/vinyl. They always have really good acts up there. If you want something a little more local, try Kats Cafe over in midtown. Mostly black crowd, jazz and soul

My personal favorite is Cafe 290 which is a live jazz club. Always some nice looking women in there, the vibe is really cool and the food is good

I miss Sambuca

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Let's come to a consensus on this meetup brehs. Maybe block off a side room/area (if it's free) at a restaurant downtown/Midtown. Chop it up, drank, eat, maybe watch a game