"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Actually thought about moving BACK to ATL.

I went down a couple of months ago and hadn't been back for a few years but shyt has changed up a bit especially Marietta. If I had to move back, I'd have to live near Lower Roswell or off Terrell Mill Rd., shyt has gotten a bit more live in certain areas there.

Powder Springs is too damn isolated, I remember the long ass drive coming from Kennesaw and having to deal with speed traps all the fukking time. Smyrna was a bit trashy when I was there, didn't get a chance to explore to see if it was still the same. Austell is the same, Douglasville is alright. I love Vinings too. I would really love to camp out in Alpharetta or Sandy Springs but I was looking at them apartment prices like :huhldup:.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
It's been a middle class/suburban area for at least 10 years now. The demographics were never 50/50 and Chapel Hill is very far from poor.

Not sure if you live in Douglasville or not but the demos in that area had been 50/50 black & white for a while and like @Poitier said are closer to 60/40. In the 2000 census it was 65/30 white to black, it's a lot closer to 60/40 blacks out there now

http://www.bestplaces.net/people/city/georgia/douglasville

Chapel Hill doesn't have a whole lot going for it...Target, Arbor Place Mall and a couple shopping plazas. That's it. It aspires to be middle class, but again people live out there b/c they're broke or b/c the land is cheap. There's no wealth out there and the people with wealth are moving away to Villa Rica or Carrollton or up north to Kennesaw/Acworth

No, Douglasville always has been and always will be majority white. The only area of D'ville that was semi run down was the area north of downtown off of 92 and it's undergoing "revitalization" as we speak.

What they revitalizing the Cracker Barrel & the Golden Corrall off of Hwy 5 too? :heh: C'mon breh Douglasville is an area for middle class/suburbia and people who are poor who can find affordable housing. Nothing wrong with that, but that's all they've got going for them​

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Not sure if you live in Douglasville or not but the demos in that area had been 50/50 black & white for a while and like @Poitier said are closer to 60/40. In the 2000 census it was 65/30 white to black, it's a lot closer to 60/40 blacks out there now

Douglasville, Georgia People

Chapel Hill doesn't have a whole lot going for it...Target, Arbor Place Mall and a couple shopping plazas. That's it. It aspires to be middle class, but again people live out there b/c they're broke or b/c the land is cheap. There's no wealth out there and the people with wealth are moving away to Villa Rica or Carrollton or up north to Kennesaw/Acworth

What they revitalizing the Cracker Barrel & the Golden Corrall off of Hwy 5 too? :heh: C'mon breh Douglasville is an area for middle class/suburbia and people who are poor who can find affordable housing. Nothing wrong with that, but that's all they've got going for them​
I feel like Black ppl move to Atlanta from LA, DC and other cities with no fukking clue how to create wealth, just add more debt in the city. Atlanta needs more Black creators even on the most basic level but they got to get supported tho.

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Used to work at Ponce City Market. It's gonna be fun to see how that place turns out.

Gonna have to check out Imperial Fez :ehh:

Sleepy Walker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
You might want to recheck the census breh.....Dville is one of the Blackest areas in OTP now :russ:

:ehh: Damn you're right

Douglasville, Georgia People

My parents moved out there in between Douglasville and Powder Springs back in 98 and I graduated in 04 so yeah y'all are right about the dems. changing. Back then Chapel Hill was nice and wasn't cheap.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm in my 30's, single, no children. I would like an area that has the same type of demographic, with shopping, restaurants, etc nearby.

Buckhead then. Check cl and Zillow for the lowest prices.

If u really want a certain type of dude I suggest going to 100 black man events. I just got sponsored for emerging 100 and honestly they only let in 100k+ Salary Bm

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Thank you for the info! Whenever I told someone I was moving to Atlanta, the FIRST thing out of their mouths was "all the men are gay." I know that can't be true. Honestly, I'm not a person that is on the scene either but I'm going to try to get involved in different organizations to meet people.

Nah. Now there is a size able gay population but nowhere near "all black men in Atlanta". Not even close

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I feel like Black ppl move to Atlanta from LA, DC and other cities with no fukking clue how to create wealth, just add more debt in the city. Atlanta needs more Black creators even on the most basic level but they got to get supported tho.

Yep. My new motto this year is Prosperity & im actively seeking out & linking up with the old heads & OGs who got bread and are still building wealth. There are alotta people coming to ATL with no skills or no money and thinking the city will do everything for them. There's money to be had here but you've gotta get plugged in with the right people & bring something productive with you. We don't need more rappers or IG models

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Actually thought about moving BACK to ATL.

I went down a couple of months ago and hadn't been back for a few years but shyt has changed up a bit especially Marietta. If I had to move back, I'd have to live near Lower Roswell or off Terrell Mill Rd., shyt has gotten a bit more live in certain areas there.

Powder Springs is too damn isolated, I remember the long ass drive coming from Kennesaw and having to deal with speed traps all the fukking time. Smyrna was a bit trashy when I was there, didn't get a chance to explore to see if it was still the same. Austell is the same, Douglasville is alright. I love Vinings too. I would really love to camp out in Alpharetta or Sandy Springs but I was looking at them apartment prices like :huhldup:.

My fiancée convinced me to live in Vinings/Atlanta/Smyrna area and it's dope as hell. I'm from the SWATS so I wasn't used to being on this side of town like that except to kick it with her, but we've been up here almost 4 years now. Even with the constant construction & traffic, I enjoy this side a lot. Smyrna is meh, depending where you go it can look like the hood, luckily we're in Vinings/Atlanta but Smyrna also has some very nice town home areas off Atlanta Rd and around its downtown that are amazing

Austell around East/West connector is cool, the rest of Austell doe :huhldup:

Alpharetta is cool, but why live that far away from the city? Sandy Springs is cool too, but if you're looking to live north of the city why not live in Dunwoody? I messed with several females who had their own apartments off Ashford Dunwoody and all lived near Perimeter Mall

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My fiancée convinced me to live in Vinings/Atlanta/Smyrna area and it's dope as hell. I'm from the SWATS so I wasn't used to being on this side of town like that except to kick it with her, but we've been up here almost 4 years now. Even with the constant construction & traffic, I enjoy this side a lot. Smyrna is meh, depending where you go it can look like the hood, luckily we're in Vinings/Atlanta but Smyrna also has some very nice town home areas off Atlanta Rd and around its downtown that are amazing

Austell around East/West connector is cool, the rest of Austell doe :huhldup:

Alpharetta is cool, but why live that far away from the city? Sandy Springs is cool too, but if you're looking to live north of the city why not live in Dunwoody? I messed with several females who had their own apartments off Ashford Dunwoody and all lived near Perimeter Mall

:youngsabo: My nikka.

I forgot all about that area near perimeter, used to see bad broads ALL THE TIME over there if I didn't feel like fukking with Lennox back then (damn wtf happened to Lennox btw?:snoop:) . I'll be back down there on some business, I'll be scouting out that area for certain.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:youngsabo: My nikka.

I forgot all about that area near perimeter, used to see bad broads ALL THE TIME over there if I didn't feel like fukking with Lennox back then (damn wtf happened to Lennox btw?:snoop:) . I'll be back down there on some business, I'll be scouting out that area for certain.
The Gays is what happened to Lenox

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Sometimes I think when some women say all the men gay, they talking in that HS type shyt as well. You know where she ain't getting play so these nikkas gotta be gay type of shyt.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Sometimes I think when some women say all the men gay, they talking in that HS type shyt as well. You know where she ain't getting play so these nikkas gotta be gay type of shyt.

Also straight men say that shyt, trying to disparage the city as well. Go to any Atlanta related thread in here and that's the first thing cats bring up. It's inevitable, in Atlanta and anywhere, you'll have interactions with gay people and have gay co-workers. Folks are either scorned, homophobic, immature or a combination of the 3.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Gays is what happened to Lenox

Right.

I needed to run into Bloomingdale's real quick and decided to walk around afterwards. As soon as I hit the food court, I see a flock of gaygulls approaching.. One in particular sporting dark blue leggings, an xtra small Neon lime green shirt and a ridiculous sized fro-hawk. I would've been OK to ignore but this dude was literally walking like a bytch would on the runway and purposely walking in a manner that would make us intersect. I straight up turned around and left going the opposite way.