"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Just remembered this comment from seeing your IG page and the Flip Burger post yesterday. Burgers are probably my #2 favorite food next to mac and cheese. Hell I just left Yeah Burger with my brother

I present my Burger Rankings, these are my favorites, not saying the definitve best, but these spots are all worth checking out.

Motife's Burger Rankings

Big Al's
Yeah Burger
Farm Burger
Grindhouse
Flip Burger
Corner Tavern
Fred's Meat and Bread
Cookout
Vortex

:snoop:@ me never going to Ann's Snack Bar before she passed

You gotta try

Bocado and Holeman & Finch

Fred's is legit. Ann's too. Always can fukk with Yeah Burger and Grindhouse.

Elle

Pro
Daps
Any suggestions for places to stay that are less than $850 for someone who works downtown?

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I'm trying some of these burger spots :lupe:

Where y'all brehs taking the misses for V-Day?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I was under the impression douglassville was like lithonia pre housing crisis with working class to upper middle class blacks majnly.

I heard COA wants to make parts of S fulton part of ATL incorporated city limits. Im also read stuff anout republicans wanting to make North Fulton a new county so a City of South Fulton or at least making it COA incorporated would be great to see. I was also seeing in lithonia they wanted to form a "City of Greenhaven" out of the parts that are still upper middle class since dekalb county is a mess right now, but Dekalb or at least some people in dekalb want to form a City lf Dekalb to protect whats left since every other month another town is breaking off to become a city.
ATL need to incorporate all land inside 285. This regionalism is killing the city.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Any suggestions for places to stay that are less than $850 for someone who works downtown?

Best bet is go on somewhere like Padmapper, Craigslist, or the Atlanta subreddit to find a place/room for rent. I've heard people have varying success with Promove too

I'm trying some of these burger spots :lupe:

Where y'all brehs taking the misses for V-Day?

Gone cook for a change and parlay in a Mountain House. Last year we went to South City Kitchen and hit Apache Cafe to see some local talent and Floacist from Floetry. Surprisingly, the best act there was fronted by one of the brothers from The Boys (of "Dial My Heart" fame) in a reggae fusion band.

2jadmd1.gif

Sleepy Walker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
I used to work out there last yr this time...it's slowly becoming that middle class/suburbia area. The demographics are still 50/50 black white but errybody who lives out in that Chapel Hill area of Douglasville near Arbor Place is poor. It looks like people are doing nicer than they actually are b/c the land is cheap

It's been a middle class/suburban area for at least 10 years now. The demographics were never 50/50 and Chapel Hill is very far from poor.

I was under the impression douglassville was like lithonia pre housing crisis with working class to upper middle class blacks majnly.

No, Douglasville always has been and always will be majority white. The only area of D'ville that was semi run down was the area north of downtown off of 92 and it's undergoing "revitalization" as we speak.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Depends on ur lifestyle. U can stay next to Marta in the burbs, west side, gentrified east side all for under 850