"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Any suggestions for places to stay that are less than $850 for someone who works downtown?
Seen a few spots in Marietta, Roswell, etc., for like 495 on Craigslist.

I'm thinking about renting a room for a couple months. I stay on the southside but just started a job in Kennesaw. That commute is a bytch, at least until I start working from home/south ATL after my probationary period.

Elle

Pro
Daps
Depends on ur lifestyle. U can stay next to Marta in the burbs, west side, gentrified east side all for under 850

I'm in my 30's, single, no children. I would like an area that has the same type of demographic, with shopping, restaurants, etc nearby.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Its hard to say. Theres an upper middle class part of the town thats decently developed where cacs stay then there is a heavily neglected part of town full of middle and lower class Blacks. The new mayor already has a major highway being built on the Black side and an overpass over the railroad over there and made it clear her focus was to address the neglect by the decades of cac mayors so I think she is legit.

I really hope South Fulton becomes a real thing. It'd be a game changer for Blacks.
I was born on that side of town, the development by where L. Hughes is at is impressive but they lack a lot of Black businesses and development in general but the houses are extremely nice. Especialy the John Weiland homes. I really would like a Black house developer in the area like they are in DC.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I'm in my 30's, single, no children. I would like an area that has the same type of demographic, with shopping, restaurants, etc nearby.
Elle, Atlanta is extremely competitive for attracting men but most Black women I know love Atlanta regardless. Especially if you tryna start your own business and build a network. Atlanta is BW friendly in that regard. Not so much BM friendly for businesses though outside of BW of course.

I know a lot of out of town brehs who LOVE LOVE LOVE Atlanta women but the economy for brothas is shaky at best. You can make it but it's not easy at all. Not country small town hard but not NYC or DC either.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
@Elle, while DC has a lot of Blacks, I wouldn't say DC has a sistahood. They got a Black elite class and groups within it but they lack a sistahood. Atlanta has a sistahood. I think it's because of Spelman and Clark ladies. Other just seem to follow and stick to the script.

Elle

Pro
Daps
Elle, Atlanta is extremely competitive for attracting men but most Black women I know love Atlanta regardless. Especially if you tryna start your own business and build a network. Atlanta is BW friendly in that regard. Not so much BM friendly for businesses though outside of BW of course.

I know a lot of out of town brehs who LOVE LOVE LOVE Atlanta women but the economy for brothas is shaky at best. You can make it but it's not easy at all.

I understand; I moved here from DC and it is the same there as far as dating. You're making me nervous. I moved here hoping to have a better life.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I understand; I moved here from DC and it is the same there as far as dating. You're making me nervous. I moved here hoping to have a better life.
DC and Atlanta dating is different. Completely different. DC nikkas are pretentious by culture but they are more willing to spend. Atlanta dudes ain't tryna break bread unless you ace. Atlanta dudes can be more upfront from what they are dealing with compared to DC.
Honestly, if you know where to look FOR in men, in DC, you can easily find a husband. I wouldn't say that in Atlanta as a lot of the good on the market men aren't really the out and about types. You got to randomly meet them. It's similar to attracting a quality woman as well. Nothing to worry about, both cities have ample parties of the opposite sex. If you look attractive, you should do well. I would seriously focus on getting out of the rat race and build your business. From DC, I am sure you have a lot of money saved up and you can do some really great things for less in Atlanta.

Check out the UGA SBDC in Gwinnett when you get the chance. They have a lot of great resources available to you.

Elle

Pro
Daps
DC and Atlanta dating is different. Completely different. DC nikkas are pretentious by culture but they are more willing to spend. Atlanta dudes ain't tryna break bread unless you ace. Atlanta dudes can be more upfront from what they are dealing with compared to DC.
Honestly, if you know where to look FOR in men, in DC, you can easily find a husband. I wouldn't say that in Atlanta as a lot of the good on the market men aren't really the out and about types. You got to randomly meet them. It's similar to attracting a quality woman as well. Nothing to worry about, both cities have ample parties of the opposite sex. If you look attractive, you should do well. I would seriously focus on getting out of the rat race and build your business. From DC, I am sure you have a lot of money saved up and you can do some really great things for less in Atlanta.

Check out the UGA SBDC in Gwinnett when you get the chance. They have a lot of great resources available to you.

Thank you for the info! Whenever I told someone I was moving to Atlanta, the FIRST thing out of their mouths was "all the men are gay." I know that can't be true. Honestly, I'm not a person that is on the scene either but I'm going to try to get involved in different organizations to meet people.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Burger Fi
Had that last week. It was bangin, but still not better than Vortex, IMO. I need to hit up H&F, TOO MANY people have recommended that jawn.

Yo...y'all ever been to DA Korner Cafaye on Memorial in DeKalb? Me and wifey went there for breakfast yesterday....fish and grits off the charts. :wow:

Also, this chick at my bank said that we should check out the East Atlanta Village, that it's a lot of good bars and stuff over there. Anybody heard about that, or been over there before?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Thank you for the info! Whenever I told someone I was moving to Atlanta, the FIRST thing out of their mouths was "all the men are gay." I know that can't be true. Honestly, I'm not a person that is on the scene either but I'm going to try to get involved in different organizations to meet people.

People who say this are transplants who move to midtown and wonder why. It's no different than someone living in Chelsea or Greenwich village in NYC and wondering why it's so zesty :dead:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Naw, most nikkas in Atlanta ain't gay. Most ppl who say that shyt don't go far from Piedmont or Lenox Mall. Most nikkas ain't cool with that gay shyt

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.

I know a lot of out of town brehs who LOVE LOVE LOVE Atlanta women but the economy for brothas is shaky at best
. You can make it but it's not easy at all. Not country small town hard but not NYC or DC either.

The brehs need to read this VERY carefully.