"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
i've never been to douglassville, is it becoming a "middle class hood" like Stone mountain and Lithonia turned into?

Its hard to say. Theres an upper middle class part of the town thats decently developed where cacs stay then there is a heavily neglected part of town full of middle and lower class Blacks. The new mayor already has a major highway being built on the Black side and an overpass over the railroad over there and made it clear her focus was to address the neglect by the decades of cac mayors so I think she is legit.

I really hope South Fulton becomes a real thing. It'd be a game changer for Blacks.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
i've never been to douglassville, is it becoming a "middle class hood" like Stone mountain and Lithonia turned into?

I used to work out there last yr this time...it's slowly becoming that middle class/suburbia area. The demographics are still 50/50 black white but errybody who lives out in that Chapel Hill area of Douglasville near Arbor Place is poor. It looks like people are doing nicer than they actually are b/c the land is cheap

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Its hard to say. Theres an upper middle class part of the town thats decently developed where cacs stay then there is a heavily neglected part of town full of middle and lower class Blacks. The new mayor already has a major highway being built on the Black side and an overpass over the railroad over there and made it clear her focus was to address the neglect by the decades of cac mayors so I think she is legit.

I really hope South Fulton becomes a real thing. It'd be a game changer for Blacks.

I was under the impression douglassville was like lithonia pre housing crisis with working class to upper middle class blacks majnly.

I heard COA wants to make parts of S fulton part of ATL incorporated city limits. Im also read stuff anout republicans wanting to make North Fulton a new county so a City of South Fulton or at least making it COA incorporated would be great to see. I was also seeing in lithonia they wanted to form a "City of Greenhaven" out of the parts that are still upper middle class since dekalb county is a mess right now, but Dekalb or at least some people in dekalb want to form a City lf Dekalb to protect whats left since every other month another town is breaking off to become a city.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I used to work out there last yr this time...it's slowly becoming that middle class/suburbia area. The demographics are still 50/50 black white but errybody who lives out there is poor. It looks like people are doing nicer than they actually are b/c the land is cheap

Yea like you can get a nice mordern house for 180-250k while in most other spots it would run you 280-350k.

I think my next home will be in the Cascade area because Ideally i would want to do west end but max size for most homes is 3-4 bedroom and i want no less than 5 bedrooms for my next house since id plan on having kids and move my mother in by then.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
The demographics are still 50/50 black white but errybody who lives out in that Chapel Hill area of Douglasville near Arbor Place is poor.

60/30 now

I was under the impression douglassville was like lithonia pre housing crisis with working class to upper middle class blacks majnly..

There is definitely a lot of working class and upper middle class Black professionals. The thing is due to section 8, you have them living side by side with lower class Blacks.

I heard COA wants to make parts of S fulton part of ATL incorporated city limits. Im also read stuff anout republicans wanting to make North Fulton a new county so a City of South Fulton or at least making it COA incorporated would be great to see. I was also seeing in lithonia they wanted to form a "City of Greenhaven" out of the parts that are still upper middle class since dekalb county is a mess right now, but Dekalb or at least some people in dekalb want to form a City lf Dekalb to protect whats left since every other month another town is breaking off to become a city.

What you think about all of it? Good idea? Feels like it'd be easier to get shyt done without cacs.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
60/30 now

There is definitely a lot of working class and upper middle class Black professionals. The thing is due to section 8, you have them living side by side with lower class Blacks.

What you think about all of it? Good idea? Feels like it'd be easier to get shyt done without cacs.

That section 8 mess tore up dekalb and fulton. Like im all for giving people chances but renters do not take care of proptery like owners do, thats why white people have HOAs to prevent that stuff and protect property value. Hell i live next door to a janky landlord who rents out to section 8 and its night and day compared to all of us who are homeowners. Like i hate to make a blanket statement on section 8 but i have yet to see any section 8 renters who took care of property in the same way the homeonwers do, so one or section 8 renters can mess up the entire street. If you ask me section 8 should be strictly apartments.

And I think it would work in regard to the dekalb forming a city but still that section 8 stuff turned working class neighborhoods into hoods. If you ride around zone 1 and parts of zone 3 all you mainly see is elderly poor people and junkies because all the younger people are in the burbs now raising hell. Ideally i would prefer blacks protect their place in COA, but if push comes to shove im not against forming self sufficent and well run black middle class suburbs.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yea, people sleep on ATL and its foodie scene, especially when it comes to Burgers.

Just remembered this comment from seeing your IG page and the Flip Burger post yesterday. Burgers are probably my #2 favorite food next to mac and cheese. Hell I just left Yeah Burger with my brother

I present my Burger Rankings, these are my favorites, not saying the definitve best, but these spots are all worth checking out.

Motife's Burger Rankings

Big Al's
Yeah Burger
Farm Burger
Grindhouse
Flip Burger
Corner Tavern
Fred's Meat and Bread
Cookout
Vortex

:snoop:@ me never going to Ann's Snack Bar before she passed

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
im not crazy about burger, i want to know who sells the cheapest beer

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Moving from Marietta apartment to 3+ bedroom crib in south ATL/College Park (30349)

I did notice there are a lot of homes in ATL that have multiple bedrooms and only 1 bathroom :mjlol:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Just remembered this comment from seeing your IG page and the Flip Burger post yesterday. Burgers are probably my #2 favorite food next to mac and cheese. Hell I just left Yeah Burger with my brother

I present my Burger Rankings, these are my favorites, not saying the definitve best, but these spots are all worth checking out.

Motife's Burger Rankings

Big Al's
Yeah Burger
Farm Burger
Grindhouse
Flip Burger
Corner Tavern
Fred's Meat and Bread
Cookout
Vortex

:snoop:@ me never going to Ann's Snack Bar before she passed

Holeman & Finch has the best Burger in ATL and maybe even America. Big ALs was nothing to write home about to me. You need to try Grub Burger Bar and Burger Fi

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Holeman & Finch has the best Burger in ATL and maybe even America. Big ALs was nothing to write home about to me. You need to try Grub Burger Bar and Burger Fi

Putting those on my list. I've heard a lot about H&F. I think I had Burger Fi in the CNN Center