“The Gilded Age” new HBO Series coming January 24th

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Wait soderbergh did this? Oh I got to jump in, the girlfriend experience is one of my guilty pleasures :shaq:
Soderbergh did "The Knick", we were just comparing the two shows because they take place about a decade apart in the same location, and each show just happens to contain a family that are fictionalized versions of the same real-life Vanderbilts.

One show is bloody and hellish, the other show is majorly concerned with who gets to sit in the nicest seats at the opera house.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Soderbergh did "The Knick", we were just comparing the two shows because they take place about a decade apart in the same location, and each show just happens to contain a family that are fictionalized versions of the same real-life Vanderbilts.

One show is bloody and hellish, the other show is majorly concerned with who gets to sit in the nicest seats at the opera house.
Never got into the knick, but I fw soderbergh

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I feel like season 2 has suffered a bit from expanding the storylines of the supporting cast and limiting the focus on a couple of key characters, mainly Marion and George. There screentime seems to be less so far.

They've hinted at Marion getting with Larry since the first episode with their little Pumpkin meet cute but I've never cared for that pairing. They would be wise to have Tom Raikes come back next season after a freak accident befalls his rich wife.

Bring him back into the fold with a great rep and inheritance and have him pining for Marion again cuz he actually did love her and see if she calls off the engagement with cousin Dashiell to be with him.

Two people who came from Pennsylvania and found their way to each other despite one being penniless with status and the other being a lawyer but lacking status. Works much better narratively than Marion and Larry, the two rich kids who live across from each other. Too easy. Too contrived.

Anyway- omg Oscar is a fool! That girl played him something serious

Aunt Agnes: How much of our money did you lose? :usure:

Oscar: ... Nearly ALL of it :lolbron:

Aunt Agnes:
omg-fainted.gif

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Did y’all watch tonight? Just finished it! Great ending. George has a heart after all

Nvm George was being his usual cunning self.

Anyway- omg Oscar is a fool! That girl played him something serious

I feel like they're kind of trying to have it both ways.
This show seems to be afraid to make a main character too much of a "bad" guy, so they make him *just* bad enough to not lose fans of the Russel's relationship :francis:.
The old "we know he's really good inside...because he didn't allow the cops/Pinkerton agents to just massacre a bunch of people" (including child laborers).

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I feel like they're kind of trying to have it both ways.
This show seems to be afraid to make a main character too much of a "bad" guy, so they make him *just* bad enough to not lose fans of the Russel's relationship :francis:.
The old "we know he's really good inside...because he didn't allow the cops/Pinkerton agents to just massacre a bunch of people" (including child laborers).
I agree. Still, I’m totally enjoying this show

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I feel like season 2 has suffered a bit from expanding the storylines of the supporting cast and limiting the focus on a couple of key characters, mainly Marion and George. There screentime seems to be less so far.

They've hinted at Marion getting with Larry since the first episode with their little Pumpkin meet cute but I've never cared for that pairing. They would be wise to have Tom Raikes come back next season after a freak accident befalls his rich wife.

Bring him back into the fold with a great rep and inheritance and have him pining for Marion again cuz he actually did love her and see if she calls off the engagement with cousin Dashiell to be with him.

Two people who came from Pennsylvania and found their way to each other despite one being penniless with status and the other being a lawyer but lacking status. Works much better narratively than Marion and Larry, the two rich kids who live across from each other. Too easy. Too contrived.

Aunt Agnes: How much of our money did you lose? :usure:

Oscar: ... Nearly ALL of it :lolbron:

Aunt Agnes:
omg-fainted.gif
Poor Agnes. I’d kill him.

And nah, Raikes can stay wherever he is. Social climbing ass. Marian and Larry is the union we deserve :mjcry: This will be a love match. And they are friends first 💕💕

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
The stakes on this show are so incredibly low:mjlol: I mean that was egregious having the widow come into money that would happen to save them financially, and it was so blatant that they added the line "nothing's going to change" to let you really know what this show is.

It will remain in the background for me but once again, it's strange that HBO would have a show like this in their lineup...this seems way more suitable for Max.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GBpS3OoXcAA1SpR
that's a wrap to the season
GBmYXCDWkAASsKi

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The stakes on this show are so incredibly low:mjlol: I mean that was egregious having the widow come into money that would happen to save them financially, and it was so blatant that they added the line "nothing's going to change" to let you really know what this show is.

It will remain in the background for me but once again, it's strange that HBO would have a show like this in their lineup...this seems way more suitable for Max.
Yeah...it's watchable enough, but the writers seem scared to take even the slightest of risks. They don't really trust their audience to watch anything they might find uncomfortable.

WHO CARES who has the central box at the opera? Does that really change the future of 'New York Society'? If you think about it too much it's almost offensive

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Yeah...it's watchable enough, but the writers seem scared to take even the slightest of risks. They don't really trust their audience to watch anything they might find uncomfortable.

WHO CARES who has the central box at the opera? Does that really change the future of 'New York Society'? If you think about it too much it's almost offensive

Breh...that shyt with the priest just so happening to be rich and not saying anything but happening to leave his wife a comparable amount of money that they just so happen to lose...shyt is blatant in it's disrespect of the audience.