“The Gilded Age” new HBO Series coming January 24th

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
je·june
adjective
naive, simplistic, and superficial.
"their entirely predictable and usually jejune opinions"

(of ideas or writings) dry and uninteresting.
"the poem seems to me rather jejune

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not feeling this season. Mrs Russell is becoming even less likeable than last year. Mr Russell is like a neutered lap dog acquiescing to his wife’s every demand . What kind of robber baron is this? I refuse to believe a captain of industry would behave this way. :heh:

Peggy and her mom stay bullying the dad in his own house and this is in the 1890s. :camby:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I’m not feeling this season. Mrs Russell is becoming even less likeable than last year. Mr Russell is like a neutered lap dog acquiescing to his wife’s every demand . What kind of robber baron is this? I refuse to believe a captain of industry would behave this way. :heh:

Peggy and her mom stay bullying the dad in his own house and this is in the 1890s. :camby:

Yea that's a stretch he'd be that kinda brow beaten when we see him in regards to his business being bullish. It would be more interesting if we saw them both being calculative cold individuals that push their kids away from them in pursuit of more wealth & power.

Also, I feel like Bertha wouldn't be this emotional over this at all...I could see her being mad he didn't tell her, but crying when he didn't cheat...Idk. Feels like their making her a generic tv show wife with this move, and then they compound it by her dropping the issue just to get something for her opera.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Did not realize the Russell’s were based on the Vanderbilts. The whole opera house plot is based on the Met we know today.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Did not realize the Russell’s were based on the Vanderbilts. The whole opera house plot is based on the Met we know today.

Its hard to wrap my brain around the fact that the Russells from "Gilded Age" and the Robertsons from "The Knick" are supposed to both be based on the same people.

"The Knick" is SO much more gritty than Gilded Age that its hard to imagine it takes place in the same place....much less that both shows essentially have overlapping characters (though set a little over a decade apart).

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Its hard to wrap my brain around the fact that the Russells from "Gilded Age" and the Robertsons from "The Knick" are supposed to both be based on the same people.

"The Knick" is SO much more gritty than Gilded Age that its hard to imagine it takes place in the same place....much less that both shows essentially have overlapping characters (though set a little over a decade apart).
Never watched the Knick. Was it good?