“The Gilded Age” new HBO Series coming January 24th

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
They were never gonna allow the family to be destitute brehs I told y'all, it's Downton Abbey: America. It was either that or the young girl was gonna marry quick and get money. Again the stakes of this show are always gonna be history adjacent but the focus will always be on costuming, set dressing etc. The primary viewers of this kinda shyt is in it for the fantasy, not the reality.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Lol at yall crying over a soap opera type show thats about old ladies out witting each other for a prime spot at the opera.

Yall crying about the stakes too low and shyt…the show is about costuming and fashion and acting; thats it.

And that woman sold her daughter to that guy to win the war. Theres your stakes and evil intent.

Last edited:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
They were never gonna allow the family to be destitute brehs I told y'all, it's Downton Abbey: America. It was either that or the young girl was gonna marry quick and get money. Again the stakes of this show are always gonna be history adjacent but the focus will always be on costuming, set dressing etc. The primary viewers of this kinda shyt is in it for the fantasy, not the reality.
Uh, yea :umad:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Lol at yall crying over a soap opera type show thats about old ladies out witting each other for a prime spot at the opera.

Yall crying about the stakes too low and shyt…the show is about costuming and fashion and acting; thats it.

And that woman sold her daughter to that guy to win the war. Theres your stakes and evil intent.
You get it.

And yes, her crazy ass sold her daughter to the fukking Duke! They pulled that shyt out of history because that’s based on a true story.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
You get it.

And yes, her crazy ass sold her daughter to the fukking Duke! They pulled that shyt out of history because that’s based on a true story.

Looks like George wanted to say something about...wonder if that'll be something they visited

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Looks like George wanted to say something about...wonder if that'll be something they visited
Of course! That’ll be a major point in season 3. If they follow history the mother forced the daughter to marry the “Duke” and she was sent off to Europe and had a terrible marriage/life. Really fukked up, but it gave her mom/family “clout” 🫠

HBO gained/regained a new audience with this show and I’m happy about that.
I’m a lifetime HBO fan and don’t need every show to be dark, brooding or profanity laden. Viewership increased so I’m not alone.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Of course! That’ll be a major point in season 3. If they follow history the mother forced the daughter to marry the “Duke” and she was sent off to Europe and had a terrible marriage/life. Really fukked up, but it gave her mom/family “clout” 🫠

I’m a lifetime HBO fan and don’t need every show to be dark, brooding or profanity laden. Viewership increased so I’m not alone.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps

yeah there were a few of them, they called them dollar princesses

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps