The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Watching now it now, gonna keep watching but I usually hate shows where some kind of music is playing through the whole thing ...

We'll see

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Show has some great elements but then some really bad ones. Really bad direction and editing at certain parts. The lead actor is fukking awful

I would go into more but I don't wanna spoil

It's entertaining as fukk though

Yeah, I just finished watching the 1st episode and I agree. I heard the the show settles down after the 1st episode, but got damn it felt like I was watching a series on Turbo mode :bryan:. Just a ton of quick cuts and fast paced scenes which could have used room to breathe. The final moments of the nightclub scene :heh:.

I'll check out more this weekend to see how it progresses.

all3rd

All Star
Daps
Dam Zeke seems like a bigger simp than Ghost.

Now is Miyleen or what ever her name is legal?

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Just getting into the first episode. I'll say two things off the rip - personally I'm down for anything that gives this many Black actors work. Secondly - this shyt feels like a Baz Luhrman movie for real. That mix of theatre with the larger than life characters.

Aesthetically it looks like some of Jamel Shabazz's photography come to life.

So far they've dipped a little into the social backdrop of the time.

I understand why it cost so much to make. Someone was pretty damn meticulous about the details. Not to mention the cost of clearing the songs, buying stock footage and CGI must have been pretty high.

Having said that damn near the first voice you hear is the gawd :ahh:, so maybe that coloured my perception from the jump.:yeshrug:

Last edited: