The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished.

Ramon:damn::damn::damn:

Who's on the hook for that 250K loan he took out?:ohhh:

Boo Boo got locked up:snoop:

Zeke PAWGin:mjgrin:

Puerto Rican Claire Huxtable:ohlawd:

I know y'all ain't fukking with Jaden but he killed his part of the performance with that "Get Up" shyt:dj2:

I don't know how you guys think part 2 is better than 1. 2 felt rushed but overall it wrapped things up nicely.

This animation in part 2 is extremely corny

It looked like they they ran out of money to film so they had to fill in the time somehow:yeshrug:

We need that 2nd season, how did Zeke go from getting into Yale, to being the dude on stage at the Garden? And are the backup singers Mylene and her girls? We need answers :damn:

Also, this show is wildly popular in Brazil, shocked how many of them are fukking with it.

With black Brazilians? I know Everybody Hates Chris was huge there.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm good with the show ending there. Zeke really is a horrible actor with that ole Puerto Rican Rocky Balboa meathead shyt he was on. I thought the show was going to have alot more to do with hiphop, rapping, talent shows, djing, etc...

The dude that was helping mylene songs was probably the best actor in this shyt. It's kind of crazy that i'd like to see a spin-off with Fat-Annie and Cadillac. Just a whole show without any of the main Get Down people.
That would be a dope show. Cadillac is hilarious

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
not a bad show :ehh:
Mylene made a nikka break that no fap :noah:

They got to at least throw out a press release telling us how Books went from Yale to MSG or if he even went to Yale.
and why they give Shao the cheap ass goatee :beli:
but that joint performance at the end was dope.

and to tell the truth that nikka Cadillac was that nikka
giphy.gif
:wow:
giphy.gif
:myman:
giphy.gif
:banderas:
but did fat annie sexually abuse him too?:lupe:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm good with the show ending there. Zeke really is a horrible actor with that ole Puerto Rican Rocky Balboa meathead shyt he was on. I thought the show was going to have alot more to do with hiphop, rapping, talent shows, djing, etc...

The dude that was helping mylene songs was probably the best actor in this shyt. It's kind of crazy that i'd like to see a spin-off with Fat-Annie and Cadillac. Just a whole show without any of the main Get Down people.
Also thought I was the only one who thought his voice was weird. Sounds like a little kid trying to sound hard

Daps
Mylene is a bytch tbh. She's bad as fukk but there's no way that's a longtime thing.
Glad I ain't the only one who saw it. In episode 1 when she's complaining about Zeke not being on set to watch her perform (as if that would have stopped her from claiming she was single for publicity), Zeke says "But I had my own show" and she responds "Zeke, you perform in a lil hoodrat spot for gangsters and drug dealers....that's a different kind of show :stopitslime:"

I knew right then and there Mylene wasn't shyt. She was a selfish lil bytch. Zeke should've dropped her ass and never looked back. She clearly ain't down for him.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Thought part 2 was a lot better. Zeke was not charismatic enough to be the lead. Mylene looked dope but was not a likable character. She probably goes out to LA and gets turned out and OD's. Shaolin not being able to leave that life was realistic. I don't think the story was meant to have a happy ending.

Did Jaden get hit by the train?

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Glad I ain't the only one who saw it. In episode 1 when she's complaining about Zeke not being on set to watch her perform (as if that would have stopped her from claiming she was single for publicity), Zeke says "But I had my own show" and she responds "Zeke, you perform in a lil hoodrat spot for gangsters and drug dealers....that's a different kind of show :stopitslime:"

I knew right then and there Mylene wasn't shyt. She was a selfish lil bytch. Zeke should've dropped her ass and never looked back. She clearly ain't down for him.
She really isnt shyt. Terrible personality. She'd buss it open on command for a little bit of fame. Only cares about herself

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Mylene was the truth but I got a thing for ratchet Latinas so her friend was :shaq: status

Lil Drake was annoying and the never ending simping from episode 1 was tiresome.

Jaden Smith whole angle was
fUtZID0.jpg

So did Shaolin just go back with fat Annie? Was that was his fate :mjcry:

Glad to see the Unc from Grounded for Life still getting work.

Cadillac stole every scene he was in.

Imma start calling every Latina chick I talk to my butterscotch queen :mjgrin:

Im always gonna watch shows with black and ethnic actors and actresses. A shame they broke the budget and didnt get the acclaim they expected. Writing could have been tidied up but still better than some shows that's had multiple seasons give. Its a given the show is dome imo, but hopefully it gives all these actors a platform to be in other projects especially the kid from Dope, he's a great actor

Last edited: