The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I read it was always supposed to be just a 1 season. I doubt Netflix wants to sink more money into this since it's production went way over budget and it didn't garner any awards chatter or critically acclaimed. But it really is the best looking show I've seen on Netflix though.

Daps
So, is there going to be another season? The way it ended could go either way.
My guess is that they wrote it with intentions of continuing, but Netflix hit them wit the
tenor.gif

So they added that note about Rapper's Delight to close it out.

I really like the show, but mainly cuz of how they captured the era, but the writing and attention to detail could've used a lot of work.

Daps
Also, will there be a soundtrack for Part 2?

I need that Miguel song from the Dizzy Mango Technicolor scene. :patrice:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
hmm, can't believe some of yall like part 2 better...the pacing, sets, characters, etc was much better in part 1. they tried to do too much with part 2, nothing had time to breathe and there were a lot of dangling pieces. i'm actually going to be upset if there isn't a season 2. edit: seems like it was never meant to have a season 2...in that case fukk this show and the breaks, both aren't delivering

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
why Cadillac kept calling shaolin fagtastic was he really gay cuz mylene alluded to it also?
Calling somebody a faq in the 70s/80s was a huge diss that could get your ass killed..
It's similar to telling another dude to "suck your dikk" or " you acting like a bytch" from the 90s-17..

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
why Cadillac kept calling shaolin fagtastic was he really gay cuz mylene alluded to it also?

Cos it's a good Diss not everything has thought and meaning behind

So this Afrika Bambaataa part had to be filmed before his latest issues came to light right:patrice:
What did he really do to the Get Down Bros:hubie:

Bamdusky got to jaden before thor

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching the last episode and I fukks with the jewels they droppin in the last music scene. I could've done without Dizzy's gay story-line as well as Mylene shyt but I overstand why both were there. As a hip hop head if I had to watch the whole series again I will.

DjBhaled

More chune for your headtop ehh
Daps
honestly could've done without the gay love story between jaden and thor but part 2 was decent