The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Finished it

Great series overall. Ending could have been a bit stronger, but not complaining at all.

I really liked the new storytelling mechanism they used in parts of Part 2. Makes me wonder how the series would have been received if they did the whole series like that (not gonna spoil it)

I hope it comes back, and they move into the 80's with some new characters.

8.5/10

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Pastor Gus Fring during Mylenes performance of the highly sexual disco smash "Toybox"

IMG_0293.jpg

:mjlol:

Pastor Gus Fring after wifey drops that Maury Baby daddy result

IMG_0294.jpg

:picard:

new smilie?

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I'm good with the show ending there. Zeke really is a horrible actor with that ole Puerto Rican Rocky Balboa meathead shyt he was on. I thought the show was going to have alot more to do with hiphop, rapping, talent shows, djing, etc...

The dude that was helping mylene songs was probably the best actor in this shyt. It's kind of crazy that i'd like to see a spin-off with Fat-Annie and Cadillac. Just a whole show without any of the main Get Down people.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I'm good with the show ending there. Zeke really is a horrible actor with that ole Puerto Rican Rocky Balboa meathead shyt he was on. I thought the show was going to have alot more to do with hiphop, rapping, talent shows, djing, etc...

The dude that was helping mylene songs was probably the best actor in this shyt. It's kind of crazy that i'd like to see a spin-off with Fat-Annie and Cadillac. Just a whole show without any of the main Get Down people.
Whenever he would talk for an extended amount of time id be like
fukk UP!!:mindblown:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
^^^Weird hearing Zeke speak w/out that gruff accent :skip:

Just finished watching Part 2 and really enjoyed it :ehh:. The 5 episodes seemed to fly by for me and had good momentum, without being the crazy pace of the 1st episode of Part 1.

I forgot Gideon from Mr. Robot and Kimmy from The Americans had roles in this.

Also weird seeing Ptonomy from Legion in this as Shane. Lucky dude got to do a lot of scenes with Mylene :takedat:. Mylene my butterscotch queen :noah:. I do hope to see the actress in other projects going forward.

Things worked out well for her in the end, but not for Duncle Tio. Or for Religious Gus Fring. The amount of L's he took in the span of a couple of hours was :picard:.

Boo locked up, who is going to teach him his multiplication tables now :lupe:

Fat Annie got a hold of Shaolin again. The scene where he confronts Cadillac about the stuff she put him and Cadillac through :mjcry:. Good to see Cadillac getting roles in Baywatch and Aquaman.

Rah got himself a Zulu queen :salute:

Dizzie got himself Thor's hammer and I'm not talking about Mjolnir :pachaha:

Overall great music and choreography, hope to see you on the other side if that means another season.

Daps
Plz bring it back!!

White boys are probably interested in this one so you'll be seeing a Season 3 if the user engagement is as predicted....

The whole part about Yale was they knew Millennial CACs will want to make fun of their parents (Gen X) in the 80's.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Finished it

Great series overall. Ending could have been a bit stronger, but not complaining at all.

I really liked the new storytelling mechanism they used in parts of Part 2. Makes me wonder how the series would have been received if they did the whole series like that (not gonna spoil it)

I hope it comes back, and they move into the 80's with some new characters.

8.5/10

My ONE issue with this show, at least the 2nd half of the first season, is the sloppiness in the writing at times.

Zeke tells Mylean he'll come get her in two days....then he never goes to get her, never mentions her again, we never see them interact again until her recording session. It's a minor complaint but its one example of many and it just makes the shyt seem like no one paid attention to detail