The Get Down Part 1 & 2 (Official Thread)

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
My ONE issue with this show, at least the 2nd half of the first season, is the sloppiness in the writing at times.

Zeke tells Mylean he'll come get her in two days....then he never goes to get her, never mentions her again, we never see them interact again until her recording session. It's a minor complaint but its one example of many and it just makes the shyt seem like no one paid attention to detail

agreed

The Mylene story kinda fell apart the last episode and a half, but I think they just ran out of money and had to get this out there. Minor complaint indeed, but (hopefully) if they get a Season 2 they can just reset the series sort of in the 80's and get it right the 3rd time out.

GhettoTeK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
bEast Coast
Part 2 was amazing....the acting, the writing, the plot twists, the references and historical background, production value :ohlawd:

Get this show an Emmy or something..:wow:

That Shi it was Nasty!.....I must have replayed that 3 times...

Which character is this :dwillhuh:?

She look like a Latina Phylicia Rashad in her get day.....:wow:

j8wtyu7hITDmPM8Gz_D_vRX716tiN8PojPPvzQeXVkoPOCAb2YC7VeOeB_AQDkiBMEvy29l8oNpynBajpP7sz9VmIr5GCQ=w401-h271-p

The green dress lady is zekes teacher, her fine ass

ynghova187

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why Cadillac kept calling shaolin fagtastic was he really gay cuz mylene alluded to it also?

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
Been busy lately and finally got some down time today and binge watched part 2 today:banderas:

No shocker that homie was mylenes father

Mylene is going to be on a path of destruction soon :francis:

So that old nasty hoe anne was raping both of her sons :mjcry:

Shaolin is my favorite character. Hes so straight forward and dont waste no time.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
White boys are probably interested in this one so you'll be seeing a Season 3 if the user engagement is as predicted....

The whole part about Yale was they knew Millennial CACs will want to make fun of their parents (Gen X) in the 80's.
It could be that Books was educated and meant for bigger things than the ghetto. You wanted him to stay in bx stuck ?