The General Mills Chronicles.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Next up. . Salt Shotgun :violent:

I was a kid. Probably 9 or 10. I grew up in the Burbs outside of Piffsburgh. shyt was beautiful for a youngin. :smugdraper: Plenty of fresh air and space. . But not country as fukk.

We had these set of trails in the woods we would ride our bikes on. It was supposed to be a new sub division but never got off the ground. So there were all these trails just hanging around for us to spend all our day riding around making motorcycle sounds with our mouths. brrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrrreeaaaattttttttttttttttttt!

Well. . . One of the trails ended up at a big salt depot. It was right on a freight train line. So the train would run through . . And if they had salt to drop off they would right there and then go on ahead. .

The salt was for the roads in the winter. Now we loved going to the salt depot for a few reasons.

1. When the train would come in it would go under this arch and it would slow down to like 5 miles per hour or so. Then once it was pass the salt depot it would speed back up. So it was a stretch of about a mile where the train was crawling. We would hop on the train. .Ride it then hop off. :smugfavre:

2. There was huge salt mounds at the depot. We would jump our bikes off of them. Catch mad air. :jawalrus:
salt_mound.jpg

3. We would harass and torture the slow old caretaker who was in charge of the property. He would always try and run us off but we would laugh and ride around him in circles. :umad:

Well part 1 of this 2 part story goes like this. . . There was this new kid who just moved in. First thing me and the fellas do is invite him to the salt mound so we can do a lil train hopping. :lolbron:
freighttrain.jpg

Well. . we did not know the kid was a bytch nikka. And I paid the price.

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
The kid seemed shaky from the jump.. . But he was putting up a brave front. We get to the salt depot. And we spent some time jumping on salt mounds until we heard the train coming. :ehh:

When we knew it was coming we posted up at the arch near the beginning of the Depot and waited. . . I told the kid the scoop. Once it passes this arch it will slow down. You just run and jump on. Ghost ride that bytch until we get to the second arch WAAAYYY down the line. The game was this. Who had the balls to stay on the longest. :youngsabo:

Once the train hits that second arch its going to speed back up. So it was kinda like playing chicken. The last dude to get off wins. Now we talked shyt but we all jumped off normally before the arch. The train picks up speed way to fast after that.

Kid looks nervous :sadcam: as fukk but he is down. We all jump on that bytch.
hoisting-800x600.jpg
and are swag train surfing.

I remember looking at the new kid and he is :merchant: I told him calm down breh. Its all fun. We are barely moving here. :smugfavre: He finally starts calming down and we are enjoying the ride. . Now its time for us to get off. So naturally I am talking shyt.

:birdman: Who is going to bytch out and jump off first?

( my lil brother jumps off ) I call him a fakkit and say Im beating your ass when we get home. :ufdup:

My homie Jamie dips

Next up Terry dips. . And the arch is coming up fast. . Its just me and the new kid. I say fukk it :takedat: I leap off.

As I hit the ground. I fully expect the kid to be right behind me. . . Cause the train was in the process of speeding up . . .. What do I see? The kid hanging on for dear life as the train hits warp speed and speeds around the corner. . :ohhh:

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
We are all like fukk! :bryan: This has never happened! We are hollering at the kid to JUMP! But I know that was a hard thing for him to do. The train was picking up hella speed and he would have been banged up. . .

In no time the train was out of sight. We all looked at each other :huh: At age 10 it did not even cross my mind that this could happen. And we did not know what to do about this situation. One thing we did say was that we were telling no parents. For one. . They did not know we were going there in the first place. So that would screw our fun right there.

We had never even been farther than the 2nd arch so we did not know where that train went or when it would slow down again. . . We ran back and grabbed our bikes. . Then tore off beside the tracks. Hoping that maybe it slows down and he jumped off and we can all go home. .

Well after riding for about 20 minutes we could go no further.
TT06_Tunnel.JPG

We def did not want to get stuck in there when a train was coming. So we had to turn around and go home. We covered homies bike up with some bushes in case he somehow made it back. lol.

At this point the caretaker pulls up in his raggedy pick up truck hollering :damn:at us to get off the property. I was not in the mood for his shyt today. :leostare: New kid was hanging on a train and this fukk was talking reckless. I told him to SHUT THE fukk UP YOU :flabbynsick: bytch!!

All my boys were like :leon: I could not help it. . I was stressed. :manny: The caretaker was pissed! I BETTER NOT EVER SEE YOU HERE AGAIN!

I gave him the finger as a I rode off. :stopitslime: I had bigger worries. Mainly keeping my crew tight lipped about what was going on. I was more worried about our secret playground getting shut down than the new kids safety. :win:

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Me and my brother get home. My brother is paranoid as hell. As am I but I am holding that shyt in. Lil bro was worried as fukk. I had to sit him down and say. There is nothing we can do now but pray. :lawd:

Really I was trying to convince myself the kid was aight. He probably jumped off and had a long walk home but he is good. Soon it was dark. .

And then it was around 10:30ish when we get a knock at the door. . :merchant: Its the kids parents. . .They have not seen their son. They have already called the cops and they are now going door to door asking if anyone has seen their son. . .:wow:

I look at my brother and he is already starting to break down. :sadbron: I push him into the bathroom and yolked him up.

Me - ( in a whisper ) shut the fukk up. shut your mouth! suck this shyt up! :wtb:

Brother - but but. . he is just gone :sadcam:

Me - do not say anything! let me handle this

My dad asked me if we had seen him. I tell a half truth. .Nah dad. We saw him earlier. ( which we had ) We were riding bikes. I dont know where he is now. :smugfavre:

The parents leave. .And inside I am a wreck. . Amazingly the other homies never said a word either. . Now I am truly worried about the kid. I can not imagine being out there alone in the dark on a speeding train. . But I am also worried about getting the brakes beat off me. :usure:

The next day comes. Still no kid. . I round up the fellas. And we decide to make another visit to the salt depot. We are hoping he is there. . .

This is the start of part 2. And yes. I end up taking the L of L's

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Now back then. .I had just got my dream bike about 2 months prior.

GooseMag-01.jpg

My Mongoose was :ahh: My most cherished possession. My brother was rocking the Sigma with the disc wheels.

1987_huffy_sigma_1_lg.jpg

The Goose shyt all over that. :smugdraper: We get to the salt depot on a mission to see if homie was there. We had just pulled in when the old cac caretaker pulls up next to us in his raggedy pickup.

Cac - I warned you to stay away from here didnt I? :flabbynsick:

Me - STFU. You probably smell like some old Farina. :stopitslime:

Cac - ( shotgun barrel sticks out of the window of the truck ) :ufdup:

I was :dwillhuh: My brother and homies took off down the trail leading back to the wood!! I looked at that cac right in his eyes and he was not flinching :sitdown:

I have never peddled that fast in my life! I peel off behind my homies and I can see the escape route. The trail into the woods was right there! 20 more feet and I would be safe. .

I was scared but never in a milly years did I think he would actually shoot. Well I was wrong. Right before I was going to be lost in the shrubs I hear a shot. .

Then I wake up in the bushes. MY BACK THIGH IS ON FIRE. Ive been hit brehs. :sadbron: