The G-Wagon finally has some competition: The 2020 Land Rover Defender

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
New Defender is absolutely forgettable and I didn’t remember it until I saw this thread. Design looks like a scaled up toy truck and all LR had to do was take the G-Wagon approach to the damn thing.

I’m sure the road manners are exceptional and it has the latest tech but that design looks like a Chinese clone of a larger Discovery.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
New Defender is absolutely forgettable and I didn’t remember it until I saw this thread. Design looks like a scaled up toy truck and all LR had to do was take the G-Wagon approach to the damn thing.

I’m sure the road manners are exceptional and it has the latest tech but that design looks like a Chinese clone of a larger Discovery.
Yeah I dunno if I was just hype it was coming back but that shyt looks 10 years old already :mjlol:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Looks like a whole bunch of plastic wrapped in nostalgia.

This shyt ain't fukking with the G.Wagen. If they had gone more OG with the design maybe. But not this thing.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
LR played themselves on this one and I wouldn’t be surprised if they rush to max a lux version with leather and high end materials to try to get some of that G Wagon demographic that will never take theirs off of the pavement.

the design on this looks like a scaled up toy but I do applaud LR for going out of their way to make sure it can off road and even go in water. But the people buying LR vehicles these days are doing that and the LR fanboys who will are rolling in old Defenders. They aren’t checking for this new one.

Daps
im :dead: at the naysaying in here cuz i got one of these and everybody that sees it be like :whew:

i guess it's one of those gotta see it/drive it to understand type vibes lol.
or maybe my model (23 xdynamic coupe) is a better model cuz ngl, i see the 4 door ones all around town (typical atl shyt) and i be thinking i got the best looking one.