The Francis Scott Key Bridge in Bmore just got hit by a ship & collapsed

TMBlue

Pro
Daps
Damn.. it use to be nice sailing under the Key bridge at night on the Spirit of Baltimore cruises.

Last edited:
Daps
That makes complete sense.....is this something there is no contingency for?

Basically depending on the massive metal wrecking bullets in the sea to navigate responsibly

Breh I don't think anyone goes in with the idea that somebody could run into that big gigantic bridge that you can easily see. :skip:

That's like asking is there no contingency for somebody driving off a cliff. The rational mind would assume that's something you wouldn't need to worry about. :dahell:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I like to read up on Disasters, same shyt happened back in 1980 at the Sunshine Bridge in Tampa Bay.

7YIY6DMXSJCNDKGQRDKQWKGEHM.JPG

BG7USFOJKVA6FHGM53X35SLVIY.JPG

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there's definitely a lot of bridge in mahattan that this can happen to, a lot of the smaller bridges like willis ave and third ave bridge but I can't imagine something like the brooklyn bridge collapsing even if something like this happens.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
That's like asking is there no contingency for somebody driving off a cliff. The rational mind would assume that's something you wouldn't need to worry about. :dahell:
Before 9/11, there was no TSA or Homeland Security :manny:

Rational minds back then weren't worried about planes being used as weapons

Daps
Some people have said the heavy smoke could also be from them maxing out the engines trying to steer away during & after the power loss. Just speculation.

Don't know much about ships but I always assumed from the pirate shows that you could drop an anchor in an emergency and force a stop. Wouldnt be ideal but I thought for sure you could do that :dahell:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
In the long version of the stream, you can see the boat loses power right as it's nearing the bridge, so they might not have had the ability to course correct and when the power comes back on they're heading straight at the bridge.

That's so sad. I was really hoping that no one was on the bridge in that particular moment.

Francis Scott Key and his racist anthem are bad luck