The Francis Scott Key Bridge in Bmore just got hit by a ship & collapsed

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Meanwhile, certain politicians refuse to update the infrastructure because it makes their party look bad.
Don’t say that

Your making it “political”

:francis:

You damn right they was not trying to update because they won’t be the ones that got it done

But the funny thing is they don’t pass no bills all they want to do is roll back what’s already there

Low key that bullshyt going on with the airports and planes are one persons fault but no one saying it

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
How many bridges in North America over 50 years old ?

Time to update them

What happened to that 2 trillion Biden infrastructure bill ??
america is crumbling bc we are too busy fighting over tik tok and dei. that's why al qaeda chilling. no need for terrorist attacks anymore, we destroying ourselves.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well one good thing watching the stream it honestly didn't look like there was any cars on the bridge at the time. Unless I missed some. Saw like 4 pass in the couple minutes before the crash. 2 was like 2 minutes before it hit. At that point you gotta be able to look over and see the big ass ship about to hit the bridge. But they seemed to be driving normal so guess not. Did hear there was some construction workers though. Messed up

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How does it not make sense? The bridge was built in the 1970s. Ships have gotten bigger and heavier since then, like everything else, including cars, planes, buses, etc.

So what? That's like saying people are heavier now so we can't blame levators for failing.

If it was weak like that, then they should have reinforced it.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
was there really time for an anchor? the power failed and the bridge was hit in less than a minute or 2, serious question how fast do anchors work

Fair point on the speed, it looked several minutes with the power outage and they may have dropped it, so let me not jump out the window on that one until the facts come out.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to get on this bridge at times driving from Philly to DC...it's a scary bridge to drive as it is. You feel like you can drive off it with ease if you're not paying attention.

WHYYSSLRhPfS4dgDiWhQo01rpzxNkSATPEhQXdNXEy-kNjcziVfmFXIcwg4LWAOtYKtVfF_j6Kl0tkXodn0HW6kHOS4

This is a cargo ship, they are like the heaviest man-made objects in the world...and this looks like a Post-Panamax cargo ship at that; the biggest cargoships in the world. They hold THOUSANDS of shipping containers all potentially weighing 60,000 pounds each.

This kinda boat will literally snap ALL bridges in the world like twigs with ease. There's not a bridge in the world that would NOT collapse from getting hit head on by a container ship.

Not only is this event gonna fukk Baltimore up for years, this IS gonna fukk up the US economy for years.

Imagine what the Suez canal boat that got stuck did, and that ONLY got stuck...Baltimore doesn't have as much traffic as the Suez, but it's the third biggest port on the east coast. Miami and NYC and some smaller ports aren't built to take all of Baltimore's traffic.

Once the power went here, they should've threw an anchor down.

RIP to the victims here. Power outage or not, there was some gross negligence here that broke protocol.

I don't believe that every bridge would snap like a twig...collapsing the entire structure.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I don't believe that every bridge would snap like a twig...collapsing the entire structure.
Dogg if you really think something that weighs several hundred times less than the object running into it can hold back and hold up I can't really convince you otherwise. Good luck in life.

I literally showed a picture of the whole bridge and it collapsed one of the two major columns holding it up.

dali-ship-that-crashed-into-key-bridge-6602bb2998c88.jpg

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Very strange, awful situation. The chances of a tanker losing power multiple times as it’s going under a bridge are incredibly small. Either the captain was blitzed out of his skull ( they are known to drink heavily ) or something nefarious. There has been an increase incidence of GPS jamming on commuter flights in Europe, supposedly Russia has been targeting NATO countries…
As many have said, the only good thing about this occurrence is that more lives weren’t lost. Could’ve happened at 9am…

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Everyone, have one of these in your car...somewhere you can grab it quickly:

orly_17100_202_ang_primary.jpg

Bust your window quickly so you can get out. You never know what can happen.

Another option is also to additionally use your seatbelt to shatter the window (last part of video).

Best option is definitely a tool like that though, but in case you can't reach or if you drop it you can use the seatbelt buckle that every car should have.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Yea I was dead sleep when this happened. Woke up to mad texts tho. Tbh I can maybe count on one hand how many times I been on this bridge in my life even tho I’m only 15 minutes from it. Just never have a reason to be on it. Last time I did I think I was driving for Uber
Thank goodness you're okay.

I think I have drove over it twice. I never liked going over it because of how long it is.

Is anyone else from the group in Baltimore? I hit up the chat.

Last edited: