The Forbidden Door official thread

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I’m surprised this isn’t in July to give it space from Double or Nothing. Figured the AEW faithful would travel for DON. Now you’re asking them to travel to Forbidden door. Both events will probably sell out but I would think you make it July to be the middle event between DON and All Out. Maybe they’ll change it if it becomes a annual thing.

also, All Out better not be in Chicago then. Really surprised Forbidden Door isn’t in California to make the travel easier for NJPW talents and nut burn out the Chicago market.

They're getting the jump on WWE, given they have two stadium shows in July (MITB on 7/2 in Vegas and Summerslam on 7/30 in Nashville). Also gives them something to build to since there's 13 weeks between DoN and All Out

As far as the location, they're running their first Cali shows at the beginning of June. Guessing they want to see how that goes first. Chicago's a proven strong market for them so they tend to go back, plus it's an easy travel destination to fly into. They typically have All Out in Chicago so I'm curious whether that's now being moved to another city with this joint show being at United Center.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I’m surprised this isn’t in July to give it space from Double or Nothing. Figured the AEW faithful would travel for DON. Now you’re asking them to travel to Forbidden door. Both events will probably sell out but I would think you make it July to be the middle event between DON and All Out. Maybe they’ll change it if it becomes a annual thing.

also, All Out better not be in Chicago then. Really surprised Forbidden Door isn’t in California to make the travel easier for NJPW talents and nut burn out the Chicago market.

The G1 is back to July so that’s probably why it’s in June.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

June works to give the show space from the G1, and All Out, since it's a bigger show than Double or Nothing. I also think it's running in Chicago to run off the tie-in with All In, which had heavy NJPW involvement, and was the proof of concept that led to them actually going forward with AEW.

I could easily see them moving All Out somewhere else, though. I could see them running that somewhere in Florida.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
ok that makes sense.

The real reason I hate Chicago is that Brock Lesnar guy, and the guy with the black hair who does :mindblown: every moment to try to get on camera, are always doing dumb actions so they can get on camera.

I hate the fat cac that always wears a green neon shirt

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
They're getting the jump on WWE, given they have two stadium shows in July (MITB on 7/2 in Vegas and Summerslam on 7/30 in Nashville). Also gives them something to build to since there's 13 weeks between DoN and All Out

As far as the location, they're running their first Cali shows at the beginning of June. Guessing they want to see how that goes first. Chicago's a proven strong market for them so they tend to go back, plus it's an easy travel destination to fly into. They typically have All Out in Chicago so I'm curious whether that's now being moved to another city with this joint show being at United Center.

Some of us fans assumed All Out would move to UC since they’ve proven they could sell it out (twice now, once Forbidden Door happens).

I don’t see TK running that exact same venue in both June AND September tho.

All Out might end up “all” the way “out” in Hoffman Estates as usual, at worst…or at best, he’ll consider some of us fans that feel he could actually run Wrigley Field. I honestly think that would garner a helluva turnout. Even Punk’s suggested Wrigley.

All that regardless…Tony been said he wanted to keep All Out in the Chicagoland are per tradition.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
The card is probably gonna have 3-4 singles matches and only 1 will have big names. Gonna be filled with tag matches.

TK needs to give LFI its respect and let Idolo and the stable shine. :stopitslime: