-the-flash--episode-.jpg

Zoom = John Diggle

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Does Barry seem slower to you guys? when he was running away from firestorm in the city it didnt seem like he was moving all that fast

Perhaps he's still suffering from Wells ganking his speed? + if the law of physics are slightly different perhaps he's not adjusted or sth.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The more I think about it, the more I don't think Zoom is Earth-2 Henry Allen. I'm getting more and more partial to the possibility that Zoom is really...

Jay Garrick.

Or at least the man calling himself Jay Garrick. The more I think about it, the more suspect Jay's story is. When have we ever seen Jay and Zoom onscreen at the same time? Only in the flashback of their final fight. And the last episode revealed that Jay was lying about Zoom stealing his speed, so we don't even know if it happened like that. Other than that, Jay is always conveniently gone whenever Zoom is around. For example when Zoom was fighting Barry, Garrick was nowhere to be found. Also the fact that Jay's doppleganger here is Hunter Zolomon is suspicious IMO. And we know that Jay is dying without his speed...and Zoom seems to be addicted to speed. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. My theory -

The man calling himself Jay Garrick is NOT the real Jay Garrick, but rather Zoom disguising himself as Jay Garrick. The REAL Jay Garrick was killed in the final fight with Zoom, but before Zoom killed him, he stole his speed and DNA. Remember, Earth-2 has more advanced technology so it would make sense that they have that DNA stealing technology that Eobard Thawne had.

Basically, once Zoom discovered Earth-2 and that there was another Flash there, he decided he wanted to steal that Flash's speed, but wanted him to get faster first. So he masqueraded as Jay Garrick (the Flash from his Earth that he'd already killed) and befriended Barry and then offered to coach him on better ways to use his speed. Meanwhile he can send villains at Barry to force him to get better, and at the same time teach him how to beat the villains and make sure none of them actually kill Barry. So for example in the second episode, he sent Sand Demon after Barry on purpose, and then as Jay Garrick he showed Barry how to beat him. Had Jay Garrick not been there, Barry would never have had any way to hurt Sand Demon. Is it really just a coincidence that right when Zoom starts sending villains at Barry, the guy who knows how to beat them shows up?

In "Enter Zoom", how did Zoom know so much about where everything was in central city (ie. the newspaper, the police station, STAR Labs, etc)? Because he's been hanging around there for months as Jay Garrick.

Why didn't the plot to draw him out work? Even aside from the bad acting, he already knew about the plot because Barry probably told him.

Zoom is probably Earth-2 Hunter Zolomon, but has been pretending to be Jay Garrick all season.

Dunno if they'll go in that direction, but if they do it right it could be the plot twist of the year. :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
The more I think about it, the more I don't think Zoom is Earth-2 Henry Allen. I'm getting more and more partial to the possibility that Zoom is really...

Jay Garrick.

Or at least the man calling himself Jay Garrick. The more I think about it, the more suspect Jay's story is. When have we ever seen Jay and Zoom onscreen at the same time? Only in the flashback of their final fight. And the last episode revealed that Jay was lying about Zoom stealing his speed, so we don't even know if it happened like that. Other than that, Jay is always conveniently gone whenever Zoom is around. For example when Zoom was fighting Barry, Garrick was nowhere to be found. Also the fact that Jay's doppleganger here is Hunter Zolomon is suspicious IMO. And we know that Jay is dying without his speed...and Zoom seems to be addicted to speed. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. My theory -

The man calling himself Jay Garrick is NOT the real Jay Garrick, but rather Zoom disguising himself as Jay Garrick. The REAL Jay Garrick was killed in the final fight with Zoom, but before Zoom killed him, he stole his speed and DNA. Remember, Earth-2 has more advanced technology so it would make sense that they have that DNA stealing technology that Eobard Thawne had.

Basically, once Zoom discovered Earth-2 and that there was another Flash there, he decided he wanted to steal that Flash's speed, but wanted him to get faster first. So he masqueraded as Jay Garrick (the Flash from his Earth that he'd already killed) and befriended Barry and then offered to coach him on better ways to use his speed. Meanwhile he can send villains at Barry to force him to get better, and at the same time teach him how to beat the villains and make sure none of them actually kill Barry. So for example in the second episode, he sent Sand Demon after Barry on purpose, and then as Jay Garrick he showed Barry how to beat him. Had Jay Garrick not been there, Barry would never have had any way to hurt Sand Demon. Is it really just a coincidence that right when Zoom starts sending villains at Barry, the guy who knows how to beat them shows up?

In "Enter Zoom", how did Zoom know so much about where everything was in central city (ie. the newspaper, the police station, STAR Labs, etc)? Because he's been hanging around there for months as Jay Garrick.

Why didn't the plot to draw him out work? Even aside from the bad acting, he already knew about the plot because Barry probably told him.

Zoom is probably Earth-2 Hunter Zolomon, but has been pretending to be Jay Garrick all season.

Dunno if they'll go in that direction, but if they do it right it could be the plot twist of the year. :banderas:
Wow this is really good

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Jay Garrick.

I might have to rewatch some earlier episodes. Is it true we've never seen Jay and Zoom together? That's pretty suspicious.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I might have to rewatch some earlier episodes. Is it true we've never seen Jay and Zoom together? That's pretty suspicious.

It's true.

The only time we've seen them together was in the flashback when Jay was telling the story about how he ended up on Earth-1. And we know now that Jay wasn't being honest about that.

Otherwise, Jay always happens to be gone whenever Zoom is around. In S2E5 when Barry says he's going to try to lure Zoom out, Jay tries to stop him and tells him he's not ready to face Zoom, and storms off when Barry won't listen. Next episode when Zoom is beating Barry's ass, Jay is nowhere to be found and doesn't appear at all.

Could be a coincidence but.. :patrice:

Last edited: