"The Flash" Season 2 thread

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The more I think about it, the more I don't think Zoom is Earth-2 Henry Allen. I'm getting more and more partial to the possibility that Zoom is really...

Jay Garrick.

Or at least the man calling himself Jay Garrick. The more I think about it, the more suspect Jay's story is. When have we ever seen Jay and Zoom onscreen at the same time? Only in the flashback of their final fight. And the last episode revealed that Jay was lying about Zoom stealing his speed, so we don't even know if it happened like that. Other than that, Jay is always conveniently gone whenever Zoom is around. For example when Zoom was fighting Barry, Garrick was nowhere to be found. Also the fact that Jay's doppleganger here is Hunter Zolomon is suspicious IMO. And we know that Jay is dying without his speed...and Zoom seems to be addicted to speed. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. My theory -

The man calling himself Jay Garrick is NOT the real Jay Garrick, but rather Zoom disguising himself as Jay Garrick. The REAL Jay Garrick was killed in the final fight with Zoom, but before Zoom killed him, he stole his speed and DNA. Remember, Earth-2 has more advanced technology so it would make sense that they have that DNA stealing technology that Eobard Thawne had.

Basically, once Zoom discovered Earth-2 and that there was another Flash there, he decided he wanted to steal that Flash's speed, but wanted him to get faster first. So he masqueraded as Jay Garrick (the Flash from his Earth that he'd already killed) and befriended Barry and then offered to coach him on better ways to use his speed. Meanwhile he can send villains at Barry to force him to get better, and at the same time teach him how to beat the villains and make sure none of them actually kill Barry. So for example in the second episode, he sent Sand Demon after Barry on purpose, and then as Jay Garrick he showed Barry how to beat him. Had Jay Garrick not been there, Barry would never have had any way to hurt Sand Demon. Is it really just a coincidence that right when Zoom starts sending villains at Barry, the guy who knows how to beat them shows up?

In "Enter Zoom", how did Zoom know so much about where everything was in central city (ie. the newspaper, the police station, STAR Labs, etc)? Because he's been hanging around there for months as Jay Garrick.

Why didn't the plot to draw him out work? Even aside from the bad acting, he already knew about the plot because Barry probably told him.

Zoom is probably Earth-2 Hunter Zolomon, but has been pretending to be Jay Garrick all season.

Dunno if they'll go in that direction, but if they do it right it could be the plot twist of the year. :banderas:
I don't disagree with your theory but 2 of your points can be explained.

1. If places were in the same location on both Earths Zoom could find them without having been on Earth 1 before. Even if he didn't know where they are he could find those places in seconds at his speed.

2. Zoom could have had Earth 2 Cisco/ Reverb touch the emblem they sent as a trap to figure out the plot.

Daps
I actually found out that technically and legally speaking, it's not even a network. It's a "netlet" or some shyt like that. And someone recently pointed out to me that they only have original programming from M-F, unlike real networks.

And that user is right, it is in less households but that's no excuse for the shytty ratings they get on the daily since The Flash is killing it.

I'm starting to see why the booth negged you... :francis:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Promo for the 14th episode of the season airing tomorrow night:

Producers' preview:

Will The Flash make good on his promise? Find out Tuesday at 8/7c on The CW!

Promo for the next couple episodes or so:

Everyone needs The Flash right about now. Don't miss a new episode Tuesday at 8/7c!

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

The Flash Season 2 Episode 14 Trailer, Zoom Is Coming. King Shark vs Arrow Season 4 Crossover, Killer Frost, Wally West Velocity 9 and Escape From Earth 2 WTF

Last edited:

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
The more I think about it, the more I don't think Zoom is Earth-2 Henry Allen. I'm getting more and more partial to the possibility that Zoom is really...

Jay Garrick.

Or at least the man calling himself Jay Garrick. The more I think about it, the more suspect Jay's story is. When have we ever seen Jay and Zoom onscreen at the same time? Only in the flashback of their final fight. And the last episode revealed that Jay was lying about Zoom stealing his speed, so we don't even know if it happened like that. Other than that, Jay is always conveniently gone whenever Zoom is around. For example when Zoom was fighting Barry, Garrick was nowhere to be found. Also the fact that Jay's doppleganger here is Hunter Zolomon is suspicious IMO. And we know that Jay is dying without his speed...and Zoom seems to be addicted to speed. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. My theory -

The man calling himself Jay Garrick is NOT the real Jay Garrick, but rather Zoom disguising himself as Jay Garrick. The REAL Jay Garrick was killed in the final fight with Zoom, but before Zoom killed him, he stole his speed and DNA. Remember, Earth-2 has more advanced technology so it would make sense that they have that DNA stealing technology that Eobard Thawne had.

Basically, once Zoom discovered Earth-2 and that there was another Flash there, he decided he wanted to steal that Flash's speed, but wanted him to get faster first. So he masqueraded as Jay Garrick (the Flash from his Earth that he'd already killed) and befriended Barry and then offered to coach him on better ways to use his speed. Meanwhile he can send villains at Barry to force him to get better, and at the same time teach him how to beat the villains and make sure none of them actually kill Barry. So for example in the second episode, he sent Sand Demon after Barry on purpose, and then as Jay Garrick he showed Barry how to beat him. Had Jay Garrick not been there, Barry would never have had any way to hurt Sand Demon. Is it really just a coincidence that right when Zoom starts sending villains at Barry, the guy who knows how to beat them shows up?

In "Enter Zoom", how did Zoom know so much about where everything was in central city (ie. the newspaper, the police station, STAR Labs, etc)? Because he's been hanging around there for months as Jay Garrick.

Why didn't the plot to draw him out work? Even aside from the bad acting, he already knew about the plot because Barry probably told him.

Zoom is probably Earth-2 Hunter Zolomon, but has been pretending to be Jay Garrick all season.

Dunno if they'll go in that direction, but if they do it right it could be the plot twist of the year. :banderas:
Naw, wells should know what the real Jay Garrick look like. Although, Jay does really hate Wells.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Naw, wells should know what the real Jay Garrick look like. Although, Jay does really hate Wells.

Nah, you misread my theory.

I don't think Zoom is actually Jay Garrick, just that he's impersonating him the same way Thawne impersonated Earth-1 Wells.

So Wells wouldn't know that Jay Garrick is actually Zoom in disguise because he looks the same as Jay Garrick did. In other words, Zoom did the same thing to Jay Garrick that Eobard Thawne did to Harrison Wells.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Nah, you misread my theory.

I don't think Zoom is actually Jay Garrick, just that he's impersonating him the same way Thawne impersonated Earth-1 Wells.

So Wells wouldn't know that Jay Garrick is actually Zoom in disguise because he looks the same as Jay Garrick did. In other words, Zoom did the same thing to Jay Garrick that Eobard Thawne did to Harrison Wells.
You right, I watched something else about Zoom identity and confused it with what you wrote. Can't wait to see this put together.

Black Gatsby

Lord$ Never Worry
Daps
Reppin
London
Can't wait The Flash has been amazing, old boy in the mask tapping in morse "Zoom is coming" was a dope touch. I think that may be Barry's pops.

I'm with the
Zoom is Wally West
theory right now