"The Flash" Season 2 thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone explain why Cisco started to fade away? That part made no sense, is it because hewas killed by reverse flash in a different timeline

Reverse Flash gave Cisco his powers. By capturing him, Cisco as we now know him today would not exist. The simplest answer I can give you. Barry, on the other hand, we know that there's an ORIGINAL timeline in where he going to become the Flash regardless that did not involve Eobard Thorne. All Eobard Thorne did as Harrison Wells was to make the chain of events happen quicker with him. That's what I gathered from it.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Barry freed the Inevitable Killer of his Mother to save Cisco. :wow:

Wow.:mjcry:

I think it's deeper than that. I think the same reason why Barry was forced to let Eobard Thorne go is the same reason why his own self waved him off from saving his mother. Because of the catastrophic repercussions that could occur in the time existence. One of these days, the Flashpoint Paradox is gonna happen!

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Reverse Flash doesn't know who Barry is, cuz he's from the future, right:patrice:

...but when Barry tried to save his moms in the past, didn't his older version stop him:lupe:

At me tryin to make sense of time-travel paradox singularity multi-earths FUKKERY, tho:duck:
Reverse flash traveled back twice
Last episode was the first time
Everything the team did was how reverse flash found out about berry
He went back again when he killed his mom

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Reverse flash we talked back twice
Last episode was the first time
Everything the team did was how reverse flash found out about berry
He went back again when he killed his mom

RF still doesnt know its barry.. He just knows which time period the flash is from... He know knows it 2016... still doesnt know the age yet and etc.. LAter on he finds out its Barry Allen. Then he tries to kill his mother..

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
No they don't. Stop playing yourself. They change their own "rules" on time travel depending on what the plot necessitates. Can't respect that.

What about the time travel you didnt like

They're pretty much saying there are set points in time that will not change.. the people might change but the events wont..
Only problem i had was Cisco vanishing because technically the original Wells created meta humans 5 years later with his particle accelerator. So cisco would still have his powers.. If Cisco vanished then they all should vanish .. but this just confirms that Barry was struck by a future Barry and not with the partical accelerator explosion..

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They're pretty much saying there are set points in time that will not change.. the people might change but the events wont..
Only problem i had was Cisco vanishing because technically the original Wells created meta humans 5 years later with his particle accelerator. So cisco would still have his powers.. If Cisco vanished then they all should vanish .. but this just confirms that Barry was struck by a future Barry and not with the partical accelerator explosion..
If that's the case then Legends of Tommorow is BS. The whole premise of the show is built on changing past events so future events don't happen. They have an organization put in place to preserve the timeline to prevent major paradoxes. We have a case of 2 shows in the same universe with different time travel rules. The difference being the speedforce allows for unexplained fukkery to occur.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If that's the case then Legends of Tommorow is BS. The whole premise of the show is built on changing past events so future events don't happen. They have an organization put in place to preserve the timeline to prevent major paradoxes. We have a case of 2 shows in the same universe with different time travel rules. The difference being the speedforce allows for unexplained fukkery to occur.

Thats why i think the Legends of tomorrow mission will fail (not the show but their mission) and Jonas will ALWAYS have to die... Vandall already killed HM once ... HG gonna be next... they might die 2 more times before it finished..

The team is playing catch up each time... if it was really about stopping vandall savage.. go back to egypt and have the entire season play out there and the finale is the meteor shower and Vandal trying to kill Kufi and whatever her damn name is

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast

If this is true, then explain why did they spend an entire season building up to Barry saving his mom? :jbhmm:

No one in this thread is stupid or unable to accept that time may not be linear. The problem here is that the show is very inconsistent with their explanation of time travel and the explanations become more convoluted and nonsensical with each plot line.

I think the writers are relying on the fact that many people won't call out the fact that their (ever changing) notion of time travel is stupid as hell out of fear that they will be labeled as "too stupid to get it". There's nothing to get. Don't fall for their 'emperor has new clothes' schtick.

These writers can barely keep the motivations of their characters consistent from episode to episode and I'm suppose to believe that they are saying some real and logical shyt about time travel? Please. :comeon:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats why i think the Legends of tomorrow mission will fail (not the show but their mission) and Jonas will ALWAYS have to die... Vandall already killed HM once ... HG gonna be next... they might die 2 more times before it finished..

The team is playing catch up each time... if it was really about stopping vandall savage.. go back to egypt and have the entire season play out there and the finale is the meteor shower and Vandal trying to kill Kufi and whatever her damn name is
The next episode is ancient Egypt. We'll see how that plays out but the fact that Savage affected so many leaders and important people throughout his life means killing him that far back will destroy the timeline completely.