"The Flash" Season 2 thread

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
A theory I got is Barry from E2 is Hunter Zolomon/Zoom. Zoom knows to much about E2 villians to be from E1. If the E2 Zolomons still wanted to adopt a child, it could be Barry. One thought that has crossed my mind all season was with the slight variations of event in E2, what if Barry's pops did kill Nora and Barry witnessed it in E2. If the E2 West's family stays together, they dont have space for Barry to move in. Barry gets adopted by the Zolomons, takes their name to move on, and grows up on path without Joe's guidance and need to solve his mothers murder.

No, he's just a regular dude. The producers and actor have already confirmed this. Scratch E2 Barry out of your theories.

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
No, he's just a regular dude. The producers and actor have already confirmed this. Scratch E2 Barry out of your theories.

Welp, there goes my theory lol.

sheldon-throwing-papers-o.gif

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Just saw the ep. I cant believe cats didnt like the episode. I thought it mightve been the best ep of the season. I never read the comics, so finally knowing how reverse flash got his powers and eventually figured out who the flash was a huge payoff:blessed:
Cisco and barry both thought they could spit some ether to RF and end up with RF hitting them with the:umad:before he got sent back home

Im glas that patty storyline is over. Time to get focused back on iris:ahh:

Flash finally put the beats on RF. Someone give eobard that flat top :flabbynsick:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
the rules of time travels are not that hard to figure out... :dahell:

Ok i'll try to summerize. Time is non linear, if you have the ability to traverse it, it is very fluid and shapes itself.

If you go backwards and make a catastrophic change you can alter the timeline seriously...

There are things like a time loop like bill and ted's excellent adventure and the terminator where it's supposed to end in the future tense if you send something to the past from the future, the events play out like they're supposed to, so that way when that character gets to that moment in time that started the loop he has to complete it.

Continuum had a fracturing of time where the future alec sadler sent his past self a message and sent the terrorists back in time to change the past, and even after everything where time split into another timeline they corrected it...

I hope that helps if anyone can add to it please do...:ld:

PS edited to add:

there's another movie that came out called the time machine which had an interesting premise of time travel / vs fate which was crazy because the main character was in love with his girl but she died and he completed the time machine to go backwards and try to save her but no matter what he did she ended up dying... In that case it could be Fate asserting balance to the timeline itself. and the ironic thing is the time machine broke so he only went forward into the future he couldnt go backwards anymore... :mjcry:

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reverse Flash doesn't know who Barry is, cuz he's from the future, right:patrice:

...but when Barry tried to save his moms in the past, didn't his older version stop him:lupe:

At me tryin to make sense of time-travel paradox singularity multi-earths FUKKERY, tho:duck:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
Am I the only one who didn't like the first half of this season? :patrice: I felt like there was a disconnect between the first and second season.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
the rules of time travels are not that hard to figure out... :dahell:

Ok i'll try to summerize. Time is non linear, if you have the ability to traverse it, it is very fluid and shapes itself.

If you go backwards and make a catastrophic change you can alter the timeline seriously...

There are things like a time loop like bill and ted's excellent adventure and the terminator where it's supposed to end in the future tense if you send something to the past from the future, the events play out like they're supposed to, so that way when that character gets to that moment in time that started the loop he has to complete it.

Continuum had a fracturing of time where the future alec sadler sent his past self a message and sent the terrorists back in time to change the past, and even after everything where time split into another timeline they corrected it...

I hope that helps if anyone can add to it please do...:ld:

PS edited to add:

there's another movie that came out called the time machine which had an interesting premise of time travel / vs fate which was crazy because the main character was in love with his girl but she died and he completed the time machine to go backwards and try to save her but no matter what he did she ended up dying... In that case it could be Fate asserting balance to the timeline itself. and the ironic thing is the time machine broke so he only went forward into the future he couldnt go backwards anymore... :mjcry:

They way I look at it, there are pretty much only 2 "realistic" possibilities for what would happen if you travel back:

1) Original "12 Monkeys" movie rules, where you can't change ANYTHING because everything has already happened (including the presence of time travelers from the future in the past.) Time loops and paradoxes exist because they were always there.

I think "Bill and Ted" actually came kind of close to following these rules, the way they were doing things like hiding keys in places where they would be found by future versions of themselves.

OR

2) TOTAL "Butterfly Effect" Butterfly effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia rules, where just by going back at all you have already permanently messed things up to the point that you're in a new timeline that will look nothing like your original timeline. No need to kill Hitler as a baby, because just by going back a year before Hitler was born and bumping into his mother, Hitler will never exist. But then again, literally nobody you know will ever be born by the time you get back to 2016.

The TV Show "Terminator: Sara Connor Chronicles" had the idea that every time someone came back from the future, the future they came back from was a different future than every other time traveler came from. Because the events in the show's present were constantly changing the future.