"The Flash" Season 2 thread

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast

Why is this chick acting like some homely ass nerd who doesn't have any options? :wtf: You're hot and smart....you shouldn't be acting this desperate.

Damn. She's sweating Barry too much and it's pathetic. He treated her like shyt and didn't take her seriously through their entire relationship.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

They are spending an awful lot of time on this Barry/Patty relationship hanging on by a thread when they haven't actually spent any real time building up the actual relationship between Barry and Patty.
They have been dating for 5 seconds yet we are supposed to give a damn whether Patty stays or goes? Let that bytch kick rocks and stop wasting so much time on her.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
They are spending an awful lot of time on this Barry/Patty relationship hanging on by a thread when they haven't actually spent any real time building up the actual relationship between Barry and Patty.
They have been dating for 5 seconds yet we are supposed to give a damn whether Patty stays or goes? Let that bytch kick rocks and stop wasting so much time on her.

I'm sayin'. They spent 10 episodes "building" this shyt up and it still felt hollow. They should have spent less time with the corny jokes and dates and more time showing some real conversations.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

CW/DC shows do a disservice with how they write women..

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I understand where yall are coming from but if they spent time doing that 90% of yall in here would be bytching bout CW ruining the show by focusing on Barry's love life. The exact same thing happened on Arrow :pachaha:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Why is this chick acting like some homely ass nerd who doesn't have any options? :wtf: You're hot and smart....you shouldn't be acting this desperate.

Damn. She's sweating Barry too much and it's pathetic. He treated her like shyt and didn't take her seriously through their entire relationship.

How was he treating her like shyt? :wtf:

He was worried that Zoom (or his other enemies) would come after her, which is why he didn't tell her he was the Flash. It's a very reasonable thing to be worried about, especially considering that the villain kidnapped her to get to the Flash.

That said, I think the relationship too far gone to save. Ultimatums are never a good thing.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I understand where yall are coming from but if they spent time doing that 90% of yall in here would be bytching bout CW ruining the show by focusing on Barry's love life. The exact same thing happened on Arrow :pachaha:
Well Arrow did the same thing...the Felicity/Oliver relationship was talked about as being this epic love affair/soulful connection yet we never saw it onscreen to the point that the show even crudely inserted that bullshyt scene in the Season 3 flashback where Oliver came back to Starling and upon just seeing Felicity for the first time had some sort of deep connection.
These shows can't write relationships worth a damn and instead of making them such a major focal point of the show they should make them incidental parts of the characters lives like their jobs.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
How was he treating her like shyt? :wtf:

He was worried that Zoom (or his other enemies) would come after her, which is why he didn't tell her he was the Flash. It's a very reasonable thing to be worried about, especially considering that the villain kidnapped her to get to the Flash.

That said, I think the relationship too far gone to save. Ultimatums are never a good thing.

:comeon: Bullshyt. Zoom already knows who Barry is and who he cares about. Even the dumbass villian sussed that out. Her not knowing puts her even more in danger because her defenses aren't up. I personally don't think Barry should have told her that shyt because the relationship wasn't that serious but his current reason for not telling her is bullshyt. And to be honest, I think deep down, Barry is just hesitant to tell her because he doesn't see it lasting very long.

And yes, he treated her like shyt. Whenever she'd try to get real, he'd laugh it off and shut her ass up with a kiss...and now sex. Damn, in the last episode, he couldn't even bother coming up a reason to explain his absence.

But, mind you, I ain't crying any tears for this thot. She was all too willing to play the cool girlfriend who was okay with getting shytted on. She's not like us other girls, she doesn't nag. :stopitslime::wtb::leostare:

Last edited:

skylake

Pro
Daps
Patty was an underdeveloped character but she was much more compatible with Barry than Linda. That being said, there's gonna be plenty more Lindas and Pattys on this show so don't get too excited that Patty is leaving.

The guy never gets the girl this early in these shows, and if he does, you can be damn sure that they're going to break up at least once.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
Patty was an underdeveloped character but she was much more compatible with Barry than Linda. That being said, there's gonna be plenty more Lindas and Pattys on this show so don't get too excited that Patty is leaving.

The guy never gets the girl this early in these shows, and if he does, you can be damn sure that they're going to break up at least once.

I'd argue that Barry and Patty weren't compatible either. As we saw in the last episode, they didn't even seem to know each other very well. They just shared a lot of the same superficial interests. And I actually thought Patty and Linda were very similar in a lot of ways, including both being kinda "fast" and forcing dudes to commit after only a short period of time.

And no, I don't agree that "there are plenty more Lindas and Pattys" on the show. From what I gather, Barry Allen wasn't that type of dude in the comics.

Barry and Patty needed to happen because it was important to show him in a relationship with some other than Iris but I don't think that (i.e. frequent new love interests) is gonna be a mainstay in this series.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: flo

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Men just give us action and good stories, since zoom broke Barry's back and sonned him we've seen only a smidgen of him yet we've seen patty n Barry going on corny dates etc.

All that corniness is for young girls and corny memes

Well Arrow did the same thing...the Felicity/Oliver relationship was talked about as being this epic love affair/soulful connection yet we never saw it onscreen to the point that the show even crudely inserted that bullshyt scene in the Season 3 flashback where Oliver came back to Starling and upon just seeing Felicity for the first time had some sort of deep connection.
These shows can't write relationships worth a damn and instead of making them such a major focal point of the show they should make them incidental parts of the characters lives like their jobs.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Men just give us action and good stories, since zoom broke Barry's back and sonned him we've seen only a smidgen of him yet we've seen patty n Barry going on corny dates etc.

All that corniness is for young girls and corny memes

To be honest it's too early for Zoom to come back, they probably won't seriously fight him again until close to the end of the Season. Barry ain't ready yet...if Zoom came back right now, the result would be the same as last time and Barry would just be laid up again. For now they need to focus on getting Jay his speed back.

But next episode is the return of Reverse Flash, so I think we should get some good action and some backstory on Eobard Thawne. :ehh:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The problem with Patty is that the show tried too hard to make her into Felicity 2.0.
If they had just created a character that wasn't intentionally created with the objective of making her into a "breakout character" then she wouldn't have seemed so forced and out of place on the show.

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
To be honest it's too early for Zoom to come back, they probably won't seriously fight him again until close to the end of the Season. Barry ain't ready yet...if Zoom came back right now, the result would be the same as last time and Barry would just be laid up again. For now they need to focus on getting Jay his speed back.

But next episode is the return of Reverse Flash, so I think we should get some good action and some backstory on Eobard Thawne. :ehh:
Eh, then what is zoom doing right now? Chilling?