"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Its probably something along the lines of Reverse Flash needing Barry to become The Flash in order to access Flash's Speed Force powers as part of that tachyon suit thing he wears so he had to make sure that everything that happened to cause Barry to become a forensics scientist/nerd would occur. Which means Barry's mom has to die, Barry's dad has to go to jail, Barry has to become obsessed with proving his dad's innocence, become a forensics cop, etc., etc. and Wells is just giving things a helping hand to make sure it all happens like it is supposed to)

This makes sense as Wells is constantly pushing Barry to go faster so that he can become "The Flash". Right now, Barry is just the Flash in name only. The only thing I'm trying to figure out in this is, what does Wells get from helping Barry achieve his maximum potential? Is Wells trying to rewrite his own future or to have Barry become stronger so that he can go in the future to do "something"? I'm thinking that once Barry maximizes his powers, he's definitely going to go back to save his mom...but, the twist would be that kid Barry would die instead, thus setting off an unstable turn of events in his time line. So naturally, if he were to go back again, he would have to save his mom and his self or otherwise, the cycle would repeat itself until he becomes strong enough to take on the Evil Reverse Flash to save his mother. Naturally, we don't know the consequences of him actually doing that though. Especially if he ends up possibly killing the Evil Reverse Flash in the process. So he may end up having to do three things at once in order to "safely" preserve his time line.

You know what would be even more interesting! If this event were to effect the entire tv DC Universe! Although I don't know how they would pull that off but since the Flash would gain the power to time travel, that would be a interesting yet tricky option to explore. Man....there is so many angles that the creators can go with this!:wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
is that show any good?

It's awesome breh. Four episodes in and not only is it feeding us comedy, but the main character had a fantasy set to Shimmy Shimmy Ya last night and made it his mission to scoop a fly honey (who's name happened to be Honey). He bought some skittles for her at the video store and yelled at her to "Go on girl, taste the rainbow!"

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Linda is cute and has nice hips. I dont see this ass that everyone is going crazy over but oh well.

The writers better have at least an idea on how they are going to go with the story or else it's going to turn into a mesh of events that doesn't make sense. Start strong finish strong. They are doing an excellent job so far.

Kd35brah

All Star
Daps
Wally West. Linda Park is his love interest in the comics.
Why would they give him Wally's love interest? Does this mean Wally isn't going to be in this show, how would they piece that relationship back together?

wally

of course for wally to work in this universe he will have to be black.
wtf so i just learned Wally is Black in the New 52 version...

Is there an explanation for this change?