"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
This show is so good, I really don't understand exactly what is going with Wells and what exactly happened to Barry's mom but I don't care. When Wells went to his secret chamber, they highlighted the ring. Was that one of those time travel rings the legion used to have?

I'm not ready to jump on Team Linda just yet :whoa:

Cisco not trying to hear Joe talk bad about Wells :sadcam:

You think Joe went bad and smashed that thirsty divorcee who was at Barry's old home :lupe:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
but that is big question: why would the Reverse Flash kill Barry's mom?
Its probably something along the lines of Reverse Flash needing Barry to become The Flash in order to access Flash's Speed Force powers as part of that tachyon suit thing he wears so he had to make sure that everything that happened to cause Barry to become a forensics scientist/nerd would occur. Which means Barry's mom has to die, Barry's dad has to go to jail, Barry has to become obsessed with proving his dad's innocence, become a forensics cop, etc., etc. and Wells is just giving things a helping hand to make sure it all happens like it is supposed to)

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Am I the only person who thinks the Reverse Flash we've seen thus far is a future version of Eddie? It would make sense since Wells is clearly from the future and he's trying to harness energy for the Speed Force.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
He goes my new theory..

First off the blood wont match Wells blood because if Wells is from the future his blood wouldnt be in our ancient database... Same goes if RF is Eddie offspring.

Now 1 think i noticed since ep 9..... Every time they ask Well .. (well ask Tom) if he is reverse flash he always says he is the man in the yellow suit.. he never says yes im the RF .. So in theory as the producers have said there is only 1 RF .. because Wells is just the man in the yellow suit.. he's doing some science experiments .. Eddie finds the suit later and he becomes the actual RF.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
My thoughts on the Reverse Flash/Flashes theory...

I'm pretty sure there are two Reverse Flashes at this point. I wasn't really surprised at the blood being future Barry's, a few brought up the possibility earlier in this thread. Future Barry and one of the Reverse Flashes got in some super speed time travel scuffle, where the Reverse Flash was trying to kill Barry's mom and Barry tried to stop him (or maybe Barry was trying to go back and save his mom on some Flashpoint shyt and the Reverse Flash tried to stop him :ohhh:). Future Barry then saves present time Barry. Wells is the second Reverse Flash who time traveled from the future to find Barry once he went missing during that scuffle, but is trying his best not to alter the time line by doing anything necessary cuz he wants Barry to become the Flash he knows in the future. Wells then gets his ass whooped by the other Reverse Flash, which lets me believe there are two of em. The blood that's unidentifiable is the blood of the first Reverse Flash (not Wells), an entirely new dude from the future that's not in the database yet. Like others have said, I won't be surprised if the other Reverse Flash is Eddie's offspring or something.

That's what I think so far at least :yeshrug:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Wouldn't it be some shyt if the writers still haven't decided how all the time travel stuff shakes out and they're just winging shyt as they go along :pachaha:

That is what I'm assuming as well. Right now, the smart money is on Eddie being the Future Revere Flash but I think the creators of the tv show know how obvious it would be to go that route so I'm expecting them to throw a slight curveball into the equation. As of this moment, (for the people whom have no comic book knowledge on the Reverse Flash) we have no real concrete proof that he is Future Reverse Flash so it could be a person whom we haven't be introduced to yet in the series.