‘The Flash’ official movie thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
In a video posted to TikTok, Zach Mulligan (The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Black Adam), a VFX artist who worked on The Flash, shed some light on why the movie's visuals fell short of expectations.

Explaining that VFX houses remain overworked, Mulligan says, "Artists are forced to work relentless hours, overtime almost every day, including weekends. If the VFX companies aren’t meeting the unrealistic expectations that these studios are setting, the risk losing out on future contracts, and there [are] only so many studios that are making superhero movies anymore."

"When you’re putting out this many projects with shorter turnarounds, the VFX will always look worse,"
he continued. "So if it looks like a VFX shot in The Flash was made in a week, it’s probably because it was.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dudes won't admit but Snyder dropped a blassic with Man of Steel but because it didn't make as much money as they thought (it was nowhere near a flop) they started meddling with shyt all over.. They fukked with BvS, they really fukked over Ayer's Suicide Squad, then they severely fukked up Justice League. Those execs were feeling themselves and now they are all out of a job.

Look at all the positives from Snyder

- Man of Steel
- Casted Cavill
- Casted Gal Gadot
- Casted Batfleck
- Ghost Directed some scenes in 'Wonder Woman'
- Wanted Lord & Miller for 'The Flash'
- Snatched up James Wan for 'Aquaman'
- Casted Jason Momoa
- Dropped Zack Snyder's Justice League

Yeah, shyt wasn't perfect but he set the universe up well.

But anyway, we've focused on that for years. Now we have this merger. James Gunn is rebooting. Time to move on :manny:

Don't forget we could've had an AFFLECK DIRECTED BATMAN movie against DEATHSTROKE. :mjcry:

All WB had to do was let Snyder do his thing and not haphazardly panic. Imagine had Marvel pull the plug on Feige after poor reception to Incredible Hulk??

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
Haven't seen it, and don't really care enough about the Flash to see spoilers (I've already seen a few).

The movie is tanking because people don't like the star, nobody knows what the hell DC is doing with their heroes, and it was poorly advertised. It would have been way, way, worse if they didn't reveal Batman, Zod, and Supergirl in the trailers. On top of that, reviews are lukewarm to be generous...and people who need their superhero fix would probably rather watch Spider-verse a second time.

They might have better success in the reboot establishing that some of the characters already know each other and have a relationship. They don't need to start off with the Justice League forming, if they established that Wonder Woman and Superman have already met, we'd believe them. ...plus from a world-building perspective it's hard to believe they wouldn't have seen news about each other.

Daps
Me and my brother was going to see this (he is a big DC fan and always drag me along to see them even though I don’t like most of them) but we got into a debate after I said that Ezra Miller should get the same treatment as Johnathan Majors and that the whole mental illness excuse Miller used was bullshyt. My bro said he isn’t using his mental illness as an excuse, he is legit crazy and not in control of his mind state. Long story short I told him he was being bias and that Miller should still face repercussions and the nikka got mad and refunded me the money. :francis:

I wanted to slap the fukk out of him so badly.

He booted you off the trip :laff: