'The Flash' gets July 2022 release date, Andy Muschietti to direct

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I hope it doesn't go too far away from Flashpoint's original story.
I think a movie about The Flash on an alternate Earth where Atlantis and Themyscira are at war; Aquaman and Wonder Woman are evil dictators; and Bruce Wayne caught that bullet in the alley resulting in Thomas Wayne becoming Batman would be not only cool but also something that audiences can understand pretty easily.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I hope it doesn't go too far away from Flashpoint's original story.
I think a movie about The Flash on an alternate Earth where Atlantis and Themyscira are at war; Aquaman and Wonder Woman are evil dictators; and Bruce Wayne caught that bullet in the alley resulting in Thomas Wayne becoming Batman would be not only cool but also something that audiences can understand pretty easily.

Sounds exactly like the animated Flashpoint movie that came out some years ago. The only thing would be either they’d have to reuse some of the same actors from the previous DC films or recast them all together to make it work.

It would give them a chance though to reboot the DC movie universe as well as introduce new characters, so I’d totally be fine with it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Sounds exactly like the animated Flashpoint movie that came out some years ago. The only thing would be either they’d have to reuse some of the same actors from the previous DC films or recast them all together to make it work.

It would give them a chance though to reboot the DC movie universe as well as introduce new characters, so I’d totally be fine with it.
Schedules permitting, I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to get Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa to come onto it as Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
Then just hire some grizzled 60-ish actor to be Thomas Wayne and you have your cast.

But after reading some more stuff about it I;m thinking this will be like AGE OF ULTRON was and be FLASHPOINT in name only.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Schedules permitting, I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to get Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa to come onto it as Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
Then just hire some grizzled 60-ish actor to be Thomas Wayne and you have your cast.

But after reading some more stuff about it I;m thinking this will be like AGE OF ULTRON was and be FLASHPOINT in name only.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan has the look of a Thomas Wayne, but doesn’t fit the age range of how old he should be.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Filming isn't supposed to begin until early 2021 the last I read.
giphy.gif

:snoop:

Daps
they should not start with flashpoint

I don’t understand why they are in such a hurry to do this particular story. I get that it’s probably the most famous flash story, but starting your franchise with a confusing ass alternate reality version seems like a bad look. This is how you soft reboot the universe in 10 years.

Then again these are the people who decided it was a good idea to have the first meeting of Superman and Batman be Dark Knight Returns and the Death of Superman.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unless this is the catalyst for a Universal reboot, I'm mystified as to why the 1st Flash film would be based on Flashpoint.

They obviously are going to reboot the DCEU with this.

I imagine it's going to be Flashpoint mostly in name only.