The Film Room's Top 10 HEIST FILMS Of All Time

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Or:russ: we actually like movies and don't just restrict ourselves to flicks that came out the decade we were born or after. Come on now homie, you're better than that. This is called the film room, not the "only movies made after 1990" room
:mjlol: at u thinkin i only watch 1990s movies or later...if that was the case lethal weapon wouldnt be one of my favorite franchises :russ:...but nah like i said yall gotta be :flabbynsick: cuz some of these movies are just :scust: my mom wouldnt even watch these shyts and she grew up in the 60s.....shyt she barely wanted to watch the conversation with gene hackman cuz it was so old...the old timey speech patterns and racism alone make me not wanna watch shyt from the 50s and 60s :heh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:mjlol: at u thinkin i only watch 1990s movies or later...if that was the case lethal weapon wouldnt be one of my favorite franchises :russ:...but nah like i said yall gotta be :flabbynsick: cuz some of these movies are just :scust: my mom wouldnt even watch these shyts and she grew up in the 60s.....shyt she barely wanted to watch the conversation with gene hackman cuz it was so old...the old timey speech patterns and racism alone make me not wanna watch shyt from the 50s and 60s :heh:
I'm not saying you do breh I'm just saying. And you don't need to be old to enjoy old flicks. I'll watch Maltese falcon any day of the week and I'm 29. Shyt is dope. I don't discriminate. Dope movies are dope movies no matter the year

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

Soooooo, you're shytting on movies you've never seen? Heard of?

Makes sense.

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
I'm not saying you do breh I'm just saying. And you don't need to be old to enjoy old flicks. I'll watch Maltese falcon any day of the week and I'm 29. Shyt is dope. I don't discriminate. Dope movies are dope movies no matter the year
guess its just me then cuz i've nvr seen a "dope" movie from the 60s and damn sure not the 50s :manny:....only one that comes close is to kill a mockingbird and thats mostly because what it deals with is still relatable to this day but i've only seen it once and prolly will never watch it again
Soooooo, you're shytting on movies you've never seen? Heard of?

Makes sense.
did i say they were bad movies? :jbhmm: just said they old as fukk :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
guess its just me then cuz i've nvr seen a "dope" movie from the 60s and damn sure not the 50s :manny:....only one that comes close is to kill a mockingbird and thats mostly because what it deals with is still relatable to this day but i've only seen it once and prolly will never watch it again
did i say they were bad movies? :jbhmm: just said they old as fukk :yeshrug:

So you've never seen psycho, or rear window or north by northwest or any 60s Bond flick? Or Lawrence of Arabia or planet of the apes?

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
So you've never seen psycho, or rear window or north by northwest or any 60s Bond flick? Or Lawrence of Arabia or planet of the apes?
seen psycho (prime example of a old movie that does nothing for me), planet of the apes (pretty solid), half of lawrence of arabia and one sean connery james bond movie...i also seen the ten commandments like 5x cuz of my grandparents yearly viewing when i was living with them...wouldnt call any of these movies "dope" :manny:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
seen psycho (prime example of a old movie that does nothing for me), planet of the apes (pretty solid), half of lawrence of arabia and one sean connery james bond movie...i also seen the ten commandments like 5x cuz of my grandparents yearly viewing when i was living with them...wouldnt call any of these movies "dope" :manny:

Ok then. Disagree entirely but I hear you

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
1. Ocean's 11 (new)
2. Dead Presidents
3. Inside Man
4. The Town
5. Usual Suspects
6. Gone in 60 seconds
7. Heat
8. Training Day
9. Set It Off
10. Reservoir Dogs

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
Top films (in no order):

Friends of Eddie Coyle (Yates)
Thief (Mann)
Le Cercle Rouge (Melville)
Heat (Mann)
Blackhat (Mann)
Inside Man (Lee)

Having a difficult time thinking of any more that I would put in a top 10. I know I'm missing something though.

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
SPACE RESERVED FOR MY TOP 10

1) RIFIFI

2-10) To Be Announced

Movie's on plan on watching/rewatching before I finalize my list

WATCH
A Fish Called Wanda
Topkapi
Thomas Crown Affair (McQueen version)
Blue Collar
Ocean's 11 (OG)

REWATCH
Heist
Dog Day Afternoon
The Killing
Heat
The Bank Job

Is Blue Collar a heist film? If so I'm thinking we can let a lot of Schrader's movies in (Gigolo, Light Sleeper, etc.).

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
guess its just me then cuz i've nvr seen a "dope" movie from the 60s and damn sure not the 50s

Late 60's in when American film started catching up with everyone else. Started to mix existential and transcendental concepts into the artform. For dope 60's stuff, gotta get outside the country:

Revolutionary:

There's a scene in Rublev wear a cross is melted and poured down the priest's throat. He's then dragged away on a horse

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Top films (in no order):

Friends of Eddie Coyle (Yates)
Thief (Mann)
Le Cercle Rouge (Melville)
Heat (Mann)
Blackhat (Mann)
Inside Man (Lee)

Having a difficult time thinking of any more that I would put in a top 10. I know I'm missing something though.

No Rififi?