The Film Room's Top 10 HEIST FILMS Of All Time

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Not on some elitist shyt but no one should be able to make a list about heist films if they haven't seen rififi. And :snoop:at the young ignorant cat

• Dap
Reactions: HHR
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
that's pretty elitist though
:yeshrug: not really, when you think of heist films, this movie pretty much nails it. I would dare anyone who hasn't seen it to watch it and then compare it to the rest of their list. Now if you aren't into foreign films, don't do subtitles, hate black and white etc,that is your prerogative. But you probably shouldn't be in a film room trying to do a list of any greatest movies :yeshrug::ld:

mr x

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: not really, when you think of heist films, this movie pretty much nails it. I would dare anyone who hasn't seen it to watch it and then compare it to the rest of their list. Now if you aren't into foreign films, don't do subtitles, hate black and white etc,that is your prerogative. But you probably shouldn't be in a film room trying to do a list of any greatest movies :yeshrug::ld:

I have it on my list, but there's a myriad of reasons why it may not be on someone's list. At the end of the day everyone can pick a film and say "I can't respect a list without ____ on it."
I find the notion that we should all like the same films to the same degree weird:yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: HHR
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I have it on my list, but there's a myriad of reasons why it may not be on someone's list. At the end of the day everyone can pick a film and say "I can't respect a list without ____ on it."
I find the notion that we should all like the same films to the same degree weird:yeshrug:
I actually respect the fact if someone doesn't likes a film and can give reasons why. My post is more aimed at those who don't even give those types of films a chance. Even though in the case of rififi for instance, most modern heist films are influenced by it and honestly captures the whole heist film essence in my humble opinion. I have no beef with you, it's more aimed at the I don't watch old film/subtitles crowd.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I actually respect the fact if someone doesn't likes a film and can give reasons why. My post is more aimed at those who don't even give those types of films a chance. Even though in the case of rififi for instance, most modern heist films are influenced by it and honestly captures the whole heist film essence in my humble opinion. I have no beef with you, it's more aimed at the I don't watch old film/subtitles crowd.

true
:cheers: