The Film Room Goat List #4 - Labyrinth

Goat or no?

• Total voters

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I vote no...but I kinda have a reason...we watched it in school, growing up I never liked anything I was forced into via school...so I never fukked with it...even books I should have liked (and i do read often) i hated just because it was assigned reading :manny:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Space Jam has been on tv all the time too. It's ubiquitous in culture. I can go to a store right now and find space jam memorabilia, I can buy space jam sneakers thanks to MJ and I can get a space jam jersey or newly minted blu ray in a steelbook.

Something being ubiquitous in pop culture doesn't make it a safe movie for me because there's no way in hell I'd say space jam is a hall of fame movie
You make a good point, but Space Jam is an anomaly. A combination of the greatest basketball player of all-time combined with Warner Bros most iconic animated characters and the most iconic sneakers ever from Nike by the greatest shoe designer ever. There has literally never been anything like it before or since.

The merchandise and soundtrack are way more ubiquitous than the movie itself.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You make a good point, but Space Jam is an anomaly. A combination of the greatest basketball player of all-time combined with Warner Bros most iconic animated characters and the most iconic sneakers ever from Nike by the greatest shoe designer ever. There has literally never been anything like it before or since.

The merchandise and soundtrack are way more ubiquitous than the movie itself.

It’s not the only thing. But let’s save this for a different thread. I don’t want to keep derailing homeboy’s thing right now

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It’s not the only thing. But let’s save this for a different thread. I don’t want to keep derailing homeboy’s thing right now
Fair enough but I forgot to mention a smash single by the greatest R&B singer of his generation :inarritu:

I'm going to rewatch Labyrinth soon. I also want to watch Dark Crystal because I've never seen it. They both have been released on a 4K recently.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Fair enough but I forgot to mention a smash single by the greatest R&B singer of his generation :inarritu:

I'm going to rewatch Labyrinth soon. I also want to watch Dark Crystal because I've never seen it. They both have been released on a 4K recently.
I watched dark crystal again after this one and it didn’t hold up for me. It having non human leads,that also happen to be the worst designed ones across either films really hurt it for me.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I always remembered Dark Crystal from being a kid and seeing it at a very young age. Those creatures always stuck out in my mind. My daughters like the movie, it's definetly dated but the creature designs still work on the youngins.