BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Hell yeah!!
seen this like a million times for NO reason!! lol
im not sure if Willow came out around this time, but i fukked with movies like this.
they were always like an escape.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I think the choices so far (besides mine :jawalrus:) have been pretty safe or obvious.
Flicks that have been on cable for 30 yrs.

Perhaps a The Canon style versus option would be more beneficial @MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think the choices so far (besides mine :jawalrus:) have been pretty safe or obvious.

I'd say the warriors isn't obvious. Not just because it was my pick lol but because it's more cult than anything else. shyt I'd say the warriors video game is more popular than the movie. Just so happened to hit a sweet spot for a lot of people.

Princess Bride? possibly. And I don't hold a lot of nostalgia or love for Labyrinth but obviously its near and dear to a lot of peoples hearts. But that's what you do: You nominate flicks that mean a lot to you and hope the rest of the world agrees, right? And if someone hasn't seen it recently, for me, they really shouldn't be voting on it.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Here's my question for you: Besides loving the flick, what's your criteria for nominating this to a hall of fame?
My criteria is that it represents a few things.

1) that box office and critical reception upon release don’t determine a films quality,only time will tell the truth about a film. It represents the cult classic, a film that made its mark by pure word of mouth and quality. People still talk about and cherish this film today. Nobody talks about how it flopped or that critics didn’t like it. Something lost on modern culture where people pre determine films quality based on everything but watching the film and forming an opinion. We didn’t care about that shyt growing up we just loved what we loved.

2) how practical effects age beautifully and always will. That this 30 year old film looks better than cgi fests once they start aging.

3) it represents for me the golden age of fantasy films. To me fantasy has been a pretty weak genre since lord of the rings ended. In an era filled with great fantasy films to me this stands near the top. When I think princess bride I also think about this film. Both classics.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

I think you have to start with “obvious” stuff then expand on it from there to get a baseline of what we all accept in our goat lists.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My criteria is that it represents a few things.

1) that box office and critical reception upon release don’t determine a films quality,only time will tell the truth about a film. It represents the cult classic, a film that made its mark by pure word of mouth and quality. People still talk about and cherish this film today. Nobody talks about how it flopped or that critics didn’t like it. Something lost on modern culture where people pre determine films quality based on everything but watching the film and forming an opinion. We didn’t care about that shyt growing up we just loved what we loved.

2) how practical effects age beautifully and always will. That this 30 year old film looks better than cgi fests once they start aging.

3) it represents for me the golden age of fantasy films. To me fantasy has been a pretty weak genre since lord of the rings ended. In an era filled with great fantasy films to me this stands near the top. When I think princess bride I also think about this film. Both classics.

Now is that nostalgia talking or did you take the nostalgia hat off?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think you have to start with “obvious” stuff then expand on it from there to get a baseline of what we all accept in our goat lists.

See I'd say obvious stuff is:

Godfather
Goodfellas
Jaws
Star Wars
Halloween
Boyz n the Hood
Menace 2 Society
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Apocalypse Now

shyt like that.
I specifically didn't want any of those to be named first but if someone wanted to name them then yeah go ahead. But yeah you gotta start somewhere, like you said.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Now is that nostalgia talking or did you take the nostalgia hat off?
As I’ve said a lot,I’m not one for nostalgia. I actually just bought it on blu ray last week after not seeing it for probably 15 years at least. I was shocked how well it held up.

It wasnt even a movie I loved like some. Hence why I didnt even own it. Id say i enjoyed more now than I did then.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
See I'd say obvious stuff is:

Godfather
Goodfellas
Jaws
Star Wars
Halloween
Boyz n the Hood
Menace 2 Society
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Apocalypse Now

shyt like that.
I specifically didn't want any of those to be named first but if someone wanted to name them then yeah go ahead. But yeah you gotta start somewhere, like you said.
Yeah I agree. My pick was going be this or the thing. But as I just watched this it was fresh in my mind.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'd say the warriors isn't obvious. Not just because it was my pick lol but because it's more cult than anything else. shyt I'd say the warriors video game is more popular than the movie. Just so happened to hit a sweet spot for a lot of people.

Princess Bride? possibly. And I don't hold a lot of nostalgia or love for Labyrinth but obviously its near and dear to a lot of peoples hearts. But that's what you do: You nominate flicks that mean a lot to you and hope the rest of the world agrees, right? And if someone hasn't seen it recently, for me, they really shouldn't be voting on it.
It is to me. No offense. Even if it is cult film like this is

We grew up on diddy paying homage to it on a famous remix. Shaq still quotes it every week on Inside the NBA.

Everyone knows the famous line.

It's been on TV every week my whole life.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It is to me. No offense. Even if it is cult film like this is

We grew up on diddy paying homage to it on a famous remix. Shaq still quotes it every week on Inside the NBA.

Everyone knows the famous line.

It's been on TV every week my whole life.
You're just salty minority report didn't make the cut :troll: