the film room being SHOCKINGLY Quiet about FURIOUS 7 being a bigger hit than AVENGERS 2

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
I love Iron Man 3 tho so I can't front on it but I hear you. One of my boys couldn't stand the new avengers joint which also threw me for a loop. I figured he'd at least say it was ok but he flat out hates it. I think it's a good flick, not great but good. Nothing wrong with being good or solid in my book. But I have been hearing more from people I know outside of the net that they're giving it the:camby:
I can see why he hated it. It's a popcorn flick but filler films have little to no substance other than making people hyped for the next project and in this case, introduce Vision.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I'm not sure why you are directing this towards me. I'm a fan of DC and Marvel. Imagine that, someone being able to enjoy both and criticize both. :laugh:

Marvel stans are the types of people who constantly celebrate Disney's monetary gains while seeing none of the profit for themselves. That's embarrassing if you ask me :manny:
I consider myself a fan of both Marvel and DC, I anticipate Suicide Squad movie almost as much as Captain America: Civil War, although I am a bigger fan of Marvel. I like the "Marvel Style" of storytelling in the MCU. Now when it comes to celebrating a franchise's monetary gains, I can't say why any one else does, but this is my reason for it. Yes I don't gain any money that my favorite franchises earn, but I root for them because of how our economy works. In a capitalist society we vote with our dollars. Therefore, if I like Age of Ultron, and the current direction of the MCU, I want that movie to at least make just as much money as the 1st Avengers movie., because if it makes significantly less, it tells the studio that "we don't like this, you need to change it". Just like with Amazing Spiderman 2, if the movie doesn't make the money the studios expect, then there will be a change in the direction of the franchise, there may not be a sequel, and/or they will reboot the franchise (which is what Sony is doing). If you were a fan of the Amazing Spiderman franchise, and you really loved Andrew Garfield's take on Spider-Man, then ASM2 not making the money the studio wants is bad news for you, regardless if you don't make money off that movie. So no, I don't make a dime off those profits, but if I continue to enjoy a franchise as it currently is, then I'm going to want it to make a lot of money.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I consider myself a fan of both Marvel and DC, I anticipate Suicide Squad movie almost as much as Captain America: Civil War, although I am a bigger fan of Marvel. I like the "Marvel Style" of storytelling in the MCU. Now when it comes to celebrating a franchise's monetary gains, I can't say why any one else does, but this is my reason for it. Yes I don't gain any money that my favorite franchises earn, but I root for them because of how our economy works. In a capitalist society we vote with our dollars. Therefore, if I like Age of Ultron, and the current direction of the MCU, I want that movie to at least make just as much money as the 1st Avengers movie., because if it makes significantly less, it tells the studio that "we don't like this, you need to change it". Just like with Amazing Spiderman 2, if the movie doesn't make the money the studios expect, then there will be a change in the direction of the franchise, there may not be a sequel, and/or they will reboot the franchise (which is what Sony is doing). If you were a fan of the Amazing Spiderman franchise, and you really loved Andrew Garfield's take on Spider-Man, then ASM2 not making the money the studio wants is bad news for you, regardless if you don't make money off that movie. So no, I don't make a dime off those profits, but if I continue to enjoy a franchise as it currently is, then I'm going to want it to make a lot of money.

I agree with that for the most part. I think there's a fine line between wanting something to do well and being a cheerleader though. Like your spider-man example, I wanted it to do well because I love Andrew's performance and interpretation but at the same time, I understand that not everything works and there will always be another spider man movie whether its him or the next guy. Being a James Bond fan has conditioned me to understand that; there will always be more even if the last one doesn't do well and even when they do that, they act as mini reboots in a way because its a new actor with a new interpretation.

I was just telling my homie on friday to go see mad max because we need more dope movies like that. this whole debacle with IT and the director dropping out because the studio has cold feet is all because another horror movie featuring a clown in its marketing didn't do well therefore they react this way. Same way with music; if I want more records that sound like the hip hop I love, then i need to support that hip hop. Money always talks louder than anything else.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I love Iron Man 3 tho so I can't front on it but I hear you. One of my boys couldn't stand the new avengers joint which also threw me for a loop. I figured he'd at least say it was ok but he flat out hates it. I think it's a good flick, not great but good. Nothing wrong with being good or solid in my book. But I have been hearing more from people I know outside of the net that they're giving it the:camby:
it had its moments..but i was in a damn near empty theater..only 3 people in the row in front of me and no one else..so i checked my phone a lot during the movie and also put on the end of the rockets warriors game :heh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
it had its moments..but i was in a damn near empty theater..only 3 people in the row in front of me and no one else..so i checked my phone a lot during the movie and also put on the end of the rockets warriors game :heh:

Wow. That bad that you felt the need to watch the end of a blowout?

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I give "Furious 7" it's props. Everyone knew it would be a hit but DAMN @ 1.5 Billion. Paul's "Death Bump" was way bigger than Heath Ledger's was for "Dark Knight" as far as internationally. Heath's bump came more form Domestic audiences as "The Dark Knight" did over 500 Million. "Furious 7" ran out of gas domestically but it's China gross has pushed it so far ahead it's making it hard for Avengers 2 to catch up. But Avengers 2 is right behind but I don't know if it can beat it in the long run.

I think "Furious 7" not only beats "Avengers 2" in the end but will dethrone "Avengers 1" for the 3rd Biggest movie ever globally. "Avengers 2" still did fantastic numbers, I just think people weren't really blown away by it as they thought they would. It's not that "Furious 7" is this masterpiece either, it's just the Paul send off really worked and touched a lot of people. Regardless all of this means nothing though when Luke Han and Leia crush those records come Christmas and New Year's time.

#1. EPISODE VII 1.7-2 Billion Worldwide (Outside shot at 2.5 Billion if it's really good)
#2. Furious 7 1.5 Billion
#3. Avengers 2 1.4 Billion

tumblr_maprvdyHwV1rtthw6o1_1280-800x600.jpg

It's been 32 years since we've last saw them together. The Box Office Isn't Ready.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I think it will beat Furious 7 in the long run, but yeah, it didn't come out the gate with the hype like the first one and Furious 7 did. Obviously it's still had an amazing run so far though.

Star Wars is taking the crown though. :king:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
So no, I don't make a dime off those profits, but if I continue to enjoy a franchise as it currently is, then I'm going to want it to make a lot of money.
with avengers 2 set to continue its course as one of the biggest movies in history, its safe to expect more greatness when the Russo Brehs drop "Infinity War Pt 1" and "Infinity War Pt 2: Return of the Cash Flow" on us :banderas:

support good cinema brehs :wow: support good cinematic universes :wow:

Phase 3 is going to crush the rubble of the buildings it crushed during phase 2 :ohlawd: