the film room being SHOCKINGLY Quiet about FURIOUS 7 being a bigger hit than AVENGERS 2

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.5 BILLION.... on the verge to surpass the 1st Avengers movie by next weekend :wow:

Who would of ever guessed this would be the 3rd highest grossed film of all time?? (until Force Awakens comes blow it off the hinges)

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Also I guess I am getting old. Some of ya'll never heard of 3 Men and a Baby? It was HUGE when I was a kid in 80's. Those were like 3 A-List 80's leading men all in one movie There was even a sequel, "Three Men and a Little Lady" showing them take care of her as a little girl. Oh yeah if you didn't know, Lenoard Nimoy aka Spock from Star Trek directed the movie. A third film, "Three Men and a Bride" is being developed now taking place 20 years later where the Three Dads dislike their daughter's fiance before the wedding.

220px-Three_men_and_a_baby_p.jpg

Three_men_and_a_little_lady.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Fred also said the ff franchise was a flash in the pan and wouldnt be talked about/remembered.

I still stand by that. You're getting popularity confused with impact. I feel the same way about....let's say the MCU "Hulk" movie, or the first "Captain America"....which was around the same numbers the "Furious" franchise was doing, until part 5.

Comparing the MCU to the "Furious" franchise is nonsensical because Marvel came out the gate and in one movie ("Ironman") did what it took "Furious" 5 movies and a decade to do.

Regardless, none of this is relevant. My point is this thread has a much better chance of screwing DC in the long run, than it does Marvel.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Fam, I've been a huge fan of the Furious franchise since I was a teenager. I spoke about this in the Furious 7 thread but we all went to The Fast and the Furious and have been big fans ever since. We can quote all the lines, etc. It's just a thing we do, a new joint drops and we are there. I've talked about this many times. Of course I'm going to praise what they've done. They turned a solid hit street racing franchise into Ocean's 11 with fast cars and beautiful women. It was a stroke of genius.

I'm not too concerned about what Batman v. Superman does. It should be a huge hit, if it isn't.. I can live. I'm not going to be praising it unless I really enjoy the film itself. It could make well over a billion and if it's not good I won't care..

That's cool and all but this isn't a "'Furious 7' Appreciation Thread". It could've been....but there's agendas at play here.

It's worded in a way that puts it in direction competition with the MCU....so when/if DC fails to hit those "Furious 7" numbers, it's going to be a bloodbath.

Fred.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That's cool and all but this isn't a "'Furious 7' Appreciation Thread". It could've been....but there's agendas at play here.

It's worded in a way that puts it in direction competition with the MCU....so when/if DC fails to hit those "Furious 7" numbers, it's going to be a bloodbath.

Fred.
:shaq: i'll be waiting in the shadows for a friendly, unbiased comparison amongst Marvel/DC fans, as we appreciate all comics turned to film and therefore can have a civil
Marvel's Captain America: Civil War in theaters May 6, 2016 :troll:

captain-america-civil-war.jpeg
discussion

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Toys, Video Games, Shirts, Television Show ratings bumps...
Avengers 2 has made alot more money than box office gross.

Its even getting youtubers paid in full.

Nobody is on youtube talking about Furious.
Every box mojo and buzzfeed top ten is Avengers based.

That AoU money is extensive.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Dillah810 said:
Yes I don't gain any money that my favorite franchises earn, but I root for them because of how our economy works. In a capitalist society we vote with our dollars.

Breh, I get what you're saying but I can't co-sign that logic. I don't believe people are "voting" as you put it. Look at the Transformers series. I can't find more than a handful of people who don't believe it's mostly garbage but this is what happens when kids see cool looking robots on their television screen. They run to mommy or daddy and tell them they want to see it. So now instead of one or two people going to see it it's the whole family. That's how all of this works. Plus, Transformers is always doing little shyt like 3D or IMAX for an even bigger bump. I can't knock Michael Bay's hustle and I can't blame them for milking the public for every dollar they can but do I really think it has anything to do with quality? No.

:manny:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I still stand by that. You're getting popularity confused with impact. I feel the same way about....let's say the MCU "Hulk" movie, or the first "Captain America"....which was around the same numbers the "Furious" franchise was doing, until part 5.

Comparing the MCU to the "Furious" franchise is nonsensical because Marvel came out the gate and in one movie ("Ironman") did what it took "Furious" 5 movies and a decade to do.

Regardless, none of this is relevant. My point is this thread has a much better chance of screwing DC in the long run, than it does Marvel.

Fred.
And youre confusing your personal feelings with reality. The FF franchise is beloved and a worldwide phenomenom.

Everybody I grew I up with can quote most of the first film verbatim.

Its a classic action franchise. The numbers and reviews back that up. Other than the 3rd which didnt have the main stars every film has grossed more than the last.

Its earned its place in film history as one of the biggest franchises of all time with the 7th film about to pass avengers as the 3rd highest grossing film of all time.

A generation of people grew up with these films and love them. Calling them a flash in the pan is a gross misunderstanding of its fan base, which is massive.

As far as DC, MOS is the first film in the dcu and it made more than all of the first phase of mcu films barring avengers of course.

Bvs will do over a billion no question about it.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
And youre confusing your personal feelings with reality. The FF franchise is beloved and a worldwide phenomenom.

Its a classic action franchise. The numbers and reviews back that up. Other than the 3rd which didnt have the main stars every film has grossed more than the last.

Its earned its place in film history as one of the biggest franchises of all time with the 7th film about to pass avengers as the 3rd highest grossing film of all time.

A generation of people grew up with these films and love them. Calling them a flash in the pan is a gross misunderstanding of its fan base, which is massive.

i have to agree. FF franchise has been cemented. 3 is still one of my favorites even though it gets shytted on :wow: i've wanted to visit Tokyo ever since :wow:

but the bold though :comeon:

As far as DC, MOS is the first film in the dcu and it made more than all of the first phase of mcu films barring avengers of course.
superman beat a bunch of B tier, previously unknown solo super hero movies :ohhh:

Bvs will do over a billion no question about it.

it'll have the top 3 iconic american superheros, it better beat everything but star wars, cause if it doesnt, we'll be waiting :shaq:

giphy.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
a thing or person whose sudden but brief success is not repeated or repeatable.

Thats the definition of flash in the pan.

So pretty much the complete opposite of the FF franchise.

The franchise is now 14+years and 7 films deep and gets more popular each film.

You might as well call the MCU a flash in the pan too.:francis:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
a thing or person whose sudden but brief success is not repeated or repeatable.

Thats the definition of flash in the pan.

So pretty much the complete opposite of the FF franchise.

The franchise is now 14+years and 7 films deep and gets more popular each film.

You might as well call the MCU a flash in the pan too.:francis:
Ironman is a flash in the pan

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Pretty much and we need to define what a lasting impact is because this series is stronger than ever 15 years after the original. If that's not an impact I don't know what is. :manny:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
i have to agree. FF franchise has been cemented. 3 is still one of my favorites even though it gets shytted on :wow: i've wanted to visit Tokyo ever since :wow:

but the bold though :comeon:

superman beat a bunch of B tier, previously unknown solo super hero movies :ohhh:

it'll have the top 3 iconic american superheros, it better beat everything but star wars, cause if it doesnt, we'll be waiting :shaq:

giphy.gif
Superman returns made like half that. Mostly because younger people didnt want to see that dorner bullshyt again and find superman to be a boring character.

But then that trailer dropped for MOS :wow:

I HATED supes as a character but it even made me see it. Movie was aight, 7/10 for me.

BVS good or bad will make a billion. But if they nail it, it has a real shot at that 1.5 billion mark.

If the movie sucks though dcu will never happen like they want it.

We'll see how it plays out.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Pretty much and we need to define what a lasting impact is because this series is stronger than ever 15 years after the original. If that's not an impact I don't know what is. :manny:

Yeah it's crazy. It started as flash in the pan but 15 years later and 7 movies strong can't call it that at all. It's a legit powerhouse franchise and clearly endeared itself to the whole world