The Fallacy of Blacks Selling Blacks - the Atlantic Slave Trade

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Most slaves were already in America, the reality that hundreds of thousands of slaves were brought from Africa is a lie.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Most slaves were already in America, the reality that hundreds of thousands of slaves were brought from Africa is a lie.

Hmmmmm :francis:

Please explain the depopulation of Africa between the 16th and 19th centuries and the cultural/genetic ties between New World Africans and African-Americans.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
This is a dumb argument. Selling human as commodity/capital especially for pennies on the dollar will always be dumb regardless of what constructs you work in.

:mjlol:

Doesn't matter if it was different ethnic groups that sold other ethnic groups into slavery. It's still deplorable.

Doesn't matter if it wasn't chattel slavery, it's still deplorable.

Slavery whether rooted in racism or ethnicism is still slavery and it is still wrong. The race or ethnicity of an oppressor does not minimize/justify their actions. White or Black.

:dwillhuh:You guys are literally doing what bruh told you not to and applying 21st century logic to the 16th century reality.

Slavery wasn't seen as wrong damn near everywhere. Damn near everybody had slaves. You saw what the Romans and Greeks were doing to Germans and Celts.

The issue is that White folks brought a new virulent form of slavery called chattel slavery, which was DEHUMANIZING. Slavery before that had rules and was like having a bad job. White folks turned it into racism and warfare against a whole race of people.

If you can't see the difference between working at like WalMart and literally being 3/5th of a human being that can be raped, burned, and castrated anytime they want, then you're idiots

Gotdamn. Africans predisposed to literally selling out. Whether africa or here its so easy to get a breh to turn on his own for cash. It's the main reason white supremacy has survive 5 centuries in the US, whites just gotta enrich a few blacks and those blacks will do all the heavy lifting of oppressing their own.

Dude, Greeks and Romans were enslaving Slavs and Celts the same way.

:comeon: Stop buying into the racist narrative that somehow Black folks have some special form of self-hatred. They don't. I guarantee you that Romans would not have given a single fukk if a bunch of Irish motherfukkers were on a slave plantation being whipped and burned by slavemasters.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:You guys are literally doing what bruh told you not to and applying 21st century logic to the 16th century reality.

Slavery wasn't seen as wrong damn near everywhere. Damn near everybody had slaves. You saw what the Romans and Greeks were doing to Germans and Celts.

The Romans and Greeks enslaved for insular purposes. They did not sell slaves to foreigners wholesale and definitely not for equivalent exchanges....so no, its not 21st century logic. Selling human as commodity/capital especially for pennies on the dollar will always be dumb regardless of what constructs you work in. If you can find articles on Europeans selling millions of Europeans to Africans/Asians for rice, ginger, salt, weapons and other nonsense then lets talk.

Last edited:

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps

That 16th century slave system and the events that contributed to the transatlantic slave trade afterwards have had lasting affects on the entire 21st century African Diaspora. Breh in the video sounded like he was trying to minimize the role our own people played in the slave trade. Ironically like white people do when they bring up the part Africans played in the slave trade.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
The Romans and Greeks enslaved for insular purposes. They did not sell slaves to foreigners wholesale and definitely not for equivalent exchanges....so no, its not 21st century logic. Selling human as commodity/capital especially for pennies on the dollar will always be dumb regardless of what constructs you work in. If you can find articles on Europeans selling millions of Europeans to Africans/Asians for rice, ginger, salt, weapons and other nonsense then lets talk.

Dude, once again, you're bringing the 21st century logic into this.

First off, why would Africans or Asians wanted to buy Europeans for chattel slavery? Like I said White people invented that shyt. Other groups of people didn't even know what the fukk that shyt was.

Second off, there were no "Africans", there were different tribes. Nobody saw race in those terms until Europeans started using race as an excuse to dehumanize different groups of people. Yorubas weren't going to see Ashanti as their fellow Black people, just as the Romans didn't see the Celts as their fellow White people.

And let me say this too. White people have genocided each other wayyyyy more than Africans could have in a million years. Hitler and Stalin killed a combined 100 million people, almost exclusively White. How many African warlords have killed that many people?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Dude, once again, you're bringing the 21st century logic into this.

First off, why would Africans or Asians wanted to buy Europeans for chattel slavery? Like I said White people invented that shyt. Other groups of people didn't even know what the fukk that shyt was.?

And yet Asians didn't make the same mistakes Africans did nor did Europeans. The fact that Africans went from using slaves for internal use to selling them to commodities also negates "they didn't know what the fukk that shyt was".....they obviously knew they were engaging in a different kind of business with their captured POW than prior.

You're so hung up on this dumb "21st century logic" "they didn't see each other same" talking point someone gave you that your brain seems unable to grasp that trading humans for perishable goods is just bad business and has nothing to do with how someone identifies.

lol its like some of yall dont think

Last edited:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
And yet Asians didn't make the same mistakes Africans did nor did Europeans. The fact that Africans went from using slaves for internal use to selling them to commodities also negates "they didn't know what the fukk that shyt was".....they obviously knew they were engaging in a different kind of business with their captured POW than prior.

You're so hung up on this dumb "21st century logic" "they didn't see each other same" talking point someone gave you that your brain seems unable to grasp that trading humans for perishable goods is just bad business and has nothing to do with how someone identifies.

lol its like some of yall dont think

First of all, tribalism is nothing new and talking about pre-colonialism tribalism is not something that I just got from this particular video. It's common sense to not expect people from the past to not have the same priorities and values as we share today.

My point is that human beings do all kinds of horrific shyt to each other regardless of their race.

Africans never killed 50 or 60 million of their own people like Stalin or Mao did.

Africans never started a world war that killed 70 million people like World War II did.

You're caught up on the "business" side of slavery for some reason and ignoring the horrific nature of chattel slavery that had no historical basis before White folks did it. We're talking about colonialism and the effect it's had 500 years later and you're talking about bad business deals. Like seriously, bruh?

It'd be like if we were talking about the Holocaust and you're sitting there talking about how killing people in ovens could've been done cheaper and more efficiently.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
First of all, tribalism is nothing new and talking about pre-colonialism tribalism is not something that I just got from this particular video. It's common sense to not expect people from the past to not have the same priorities and values as we share today.

Plenty of people did have the smarts to not sell mass amounts of humans for pennies on the dollars. Only the Africans didn't. Thats the point. Tribalism and horrific crimes literally has nothing to do with my point...

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Plenty of people did have the smarts to not sell mass amounts of humans for pennies on the dollars. Only the Africans didn't. Thats the point. Tribalism and horrific crimes literally has nothing to do with my point...

No, they just let tens of millions starve to death like Mao & Pol Pot. I'm sure that was really economical

Russia has a diminished population to this day because of that and a shortage of men, but please do go on.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
No, they just let tens of millions starve to death like Mao & Pol Pot. I'm sure that was really economical

Russia has a diminished population to this day because of that and a shortage of men, but please do go on.

Neither of these are selling humans for pennies which led to colonialism and underdevelopment, but please do go on :russell:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Neither of these are selling humans for pennies which led to colonialism and underdevelopment, but please do go on :russell:

:shaq2:So, that's the ONLY thing that led to slavery and underdevelopment?

So why the fukk is Eastern and Southern Africa just as fukked up, genius?:stopitslime: