The Fallacy of Blacks Selling Blacks - the Atlantic Slave Trade

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So if you acknowledge that the effects are real, why try to minimize it by saying its not real in any scientific way? Whats the point of that statement?

Race may not be "real" but i know that my skin does not burn and peel like that of a Nordic. Race is a "social construct" but there are some key differences between the different races/ethnicities out here.

exactly. these are recent studies...

Neanderthal DNA affects ethnic differences in immune response

DNA acquired from breeding with Neanderthals may explain why people of European descent respond differently to infection than those of African descent, two studies suggest. The findings might also offer insight into why people of African descent are more prone to autoimmune diseases caused by an overactive immune system.

Neanderthals mated with European humans and it made their immune systems weaker

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
exactly. these are recent studies...

Neanderthal DNA affects ethnic differences in immune response

DNA acquired from breeding with Neanderthals may explain why people of European descent respond differently to infection than those of African descent, two studies suggest. The findings might also offer insight into why people of African descent are more prone to autoimmune diseases caused by an overactive immune system.

Race isn't real because the categorizations are nonsensical. How am I in the same racial category as a Tuareg, Amhara and Baka Pygmy?

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Race isn't real because the categorizations are nonsensical. How am I in the same racial category as a Tuareg, Amhara and Baka Pygmy?

im not arguing that race isnt a social construct, but there are biological differences between blacks and whites/asians.

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
If white people bought slaves why did they so recklessly pack their bodies on ships causing 1/3 of them to die? Who buys slaves then waste that much of their purchases ? Seems they took most of the slaves by force if not all

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
Some did revolt and/or stop selling slaves after seeing the atrocities, but a large portion simply could not care as long as their coffers expanded.
Gotdamn. Africans predisposed to literally selling out. Whether africa or here its so easy to get a breh to turn on his own for cash. It's the main reason white supremacy has survive 5 centuries in the US, whites just gotta enrich a few blacks and those blacks will do all the heavy lifting of oppressing their own.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Yes. Africans travelled to the Americas as free people. Usually, a governor would give them a document stating who they were.
i've only heard that some visited Brazil....and that some Africans went to Haiti and Jamaica after the abolition of slavery

got any more lanks

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
good watch. I agree about "african" being over-simplified as just all one big tribe. And that proves the point about how they didn't all look at each other on some "we are all black" shyt. They identified more as whatever their ethnicity was not their skin color. White people stay with that "you did this too yourselves shyt". United in deception. Kind of funny to see the quotes from the greeks and roman about the northern cacs too. Basically calling them rednecks :dead:.

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
Did not know African elites were aware of what happened with western diaspora during slavery.

Don't know how to feel about that.

Anybody wonder how Slavs feel about other Europeans who sold them west to the various medieval caliphates? I'd love to know how they handle it. I heard they've still got psych problems from the Mongols to this day.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Does that mean that because you say its a social construct that its effects aren't very real? Time is a social construct as well, do you have the same sentiments about it as you do race?

Time is real bro. I think what you mean is our concepts of minutes, hours, days, weeks etc. are arbitrary constructs. But time actually happens independent of human involvement. It isn't like if we all started acting like time (as in our measurements of time) doesn't exist, we could travel backwards in time.

Or if we go extinct then there's nobody out here to call a day a day but the earth still takes 24 hours to spin on its axis.