The Evil Within - Official Thread

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Not hard to understand, but it's just not well written in my opinion

I mean we know the world has been taken over by these creatures but where did they originate from, what's the background? I find myself not really interested or engaged in it. :manny:
Actually the game takes place in Ruvik's mind via the STEM machine. The world is fine.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Yeah the story is just plain crap imo. I don't even care about what's going on. The acting is garbage as well so even if the story was well written, the way it's being delivered by the on screen characters make it boring.

Oh and fukk chapter 7. I stopped playing the game for a few days because of how long in between checkpoints were. I kept dying in that gaseous area where that metal safe head monster kept appearing and I usually died on the third sequence where he knocks off the valve on the pipe. To make matters worse I was very low on ammo but I became hip to stunning him with the little shock bolt I had and using that time to disarm the traps for parts.
You can sneak past the big monsters in the first area and sneak kill some of the regular ones. This game obviously takes elements of The Last of Us so you gotta use stealth on some areas or just run on others. Save the Rambo shyt for New Game+

Edit: wrong chapter. Thought you were referring to the chapter with the ogre nikkas. If you upgrade your explosive bolt to 3/4 on survival two bolts kill him.

Last edited:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
It's not hard to follow it's probably just how some important plot pieces are implied or not given.

I wonder who Kidman works for. :lupe:
Not hard to understand, but it's just not well written in my opinion

I mean we know the world has been taken over by these creatures but where did they originate from, what's the background? I find myself not really interested or engaged in it. :manny:
Once you get further into the game you will understand whats going on :
-Its not the real world, its a world created by Ruvik via stem
-All the (dead)people in the game are people Ruvik and Jimenez used for experiments at some point. All the people that went to the scene at the beginning also got sent there.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
that running away from the spider bytch in the boiler rooms boss fight started to piss me off first shed be burning then out of nowhere she grabs my leg and smashes my face in

Daps
Reppin
that running away from the spider bytch in the boiler rooms boss fight started to piss me off first shed be burning then out of nowhere she grabs my leg and smashes my face in

:whew:

i loved that sequence... i just passed it. Man that was an intense and a crazy tricky boss fight. Just loved how you had to use elements around the room to find a way out WHILE at the same time be on the lookout for the spider lady. And that agonizing screen when you are burning her :merchant:

i gotta say the game has grown on me significantly..

and the boss fight in chapter 7.. i got stuck on the 3rd part as well and
i just used the freeze bolt by luring him all the way to where you grab the extra valve.. freeze him then and run back all the way.. that should give you enough time to beat it

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
u have to kill her so you can get the sht next to the elevator.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
:whew:

i loved that sequence... i just passed it. Man that was an intense and a crazy tricky boss fight. Just loved how you had to use elements around the room to find a way out WHILE at the same time be on the lookout for the spider lady. And that agonizing screen when you are burning her :merchant:

i gotta say the game has grown on me significantly..

and the boss fight in chapter 7.. i got stuck on the 3rd part as well and
i just used the freeze bolt by luring him all the way to where you grab the extra valve.. freeze him then and run back all the way.. that should give you enough time to beat it
If you only kill the keeper/boxhead twice in that fight with the valves you get an achievement. Freeze bolts do the trick to buy you time to turn the valves.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
i don't remember doin that
yea i used the bodies on the floor and broke the valves to light her on fire. Then finished her off with sniper rifle.

If you dont killer her, a cutscene will play the moment u get close to the elevator.

Super Ramon

Banned
Daps
Reppin
T-unit
Easiet way to kill safe head is shoot him with freeze bolt, then shoot him twice in the stomach with the sniper rifle

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
@Mowgli @HNIC973 @posterchild336 and other @people who beat the game
The main character might have been in the machine all along even in the beginning. Which explains how Ruvik was able to kill everybody at the beginning and put them in a 2nd layer(i.e world created by his mind). Don't think Ruvik even knows, he thinks the 2nd layer is a fake world and the 1st one is real. Notice how at the end Sebastian awoke in the actual world but Kidman and her people put him back to sleep inside the real machine. The nurse where you upgrade your sht is actually is actually a real person working with Kidman. And i think there are only 3 real people inside the machine: Ruvik, joseph and Sebastian. Are his wife and kid still alive? Are they even real??

:wow: This some inception type sht :mindblown: :banderas: This game is dope as fukk, dont know why reviewers gave it such low rating.:dahell:

Last edited:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
@Mowgli @HNIC973 @posterchild336 and other @people who beat the game
The main character might have been in the machine all along even in the beginning. Which explains how Ruvik was able to kill everybody at the beginning and put them in a 2nd layer(i.e world created by his mind). Don't think Ruvik even knows, he thinks the 2nd layer is a fake world and the 1st one is real. Notice how at the end Sebastian awoke in the actual world but Kidman and her people put him back to sleep inside the real machine. The nurse where you upgrade your sht is actually is actually a real person working with Kidman. And i think there are only 3 real people inside the machine: Ruvik, joseph and Sebastian. Are his wife and kid still alive? Are they even real??

:wow: This some inception type sht :mindblown: :banderas: This game is dope as fukk, dont know why reviewers gave it such low rating.:dahell:
Actually I think the Seb was awoken from the STEM machine at the end. The scene with him on the steps of Beacon Mental Hospital looking at "Leslie" walking upright indicates that Ruvik successfully assimilated his consciousness into Leslie since as mentioned throughout the game, Leslie was the only one with a compatible mind. Ruvik was "killed" by the organization that Marcello (and possibly?) Kidman works for and wanted to get out into the real world. Remember before the final boss fight when Leslie walked up to Ruvik, got touched or sumthin' then became a puddle of water/goo? Thats when Ruvik got him I guess :manny:

As for Kidman telling Seb to be quiet, I think it was because she was tasked by the organization, (along with Marcello) to utilize the powers/technology Leslie/Ruvik had for your typical "secretly take over the world behind the scenes/Illuminati" shyt but once she got in she really wanted to kill Leslie to ensure that Ruvik would never have the opportunity to get out nor would there be some New World Order type shyt.

Just a theory :ld:

I wonder If Joseph is dead :lupe: